Denying Facts

Right Divider

Body part
Of course it isn't but then that's not what happened or happening. How do you suppose such theories come about to begin with? Through observation of the evidence.
If you think that the big bang, etc. originate solely by observation.... :french:

You claim to know how science works but continually show that you don't. If evolution didn't hold up to scrutiny then it would never have become such an established part of science, end of.
Simply hilarious.

Unless you're some sort of conspiracy nut who thinks that scientists around the globe have an agenda going on then acknowledge your mistake or continue in ignorance.
Are you a Christian?

What "facts" exactly and which scientists are claiming this? Are you a physicist? If you're just going to point to some creationist article then pass.
Apparently you are completely unaware of so many things that I cannot communicate science with you. Does someone have be a physicist to understand basis physics? I'm a lead engineer in a computer software engineering role. I actually do know a lot about science. You seem to know very little, since you don't even know the basics.

Astrophysicists write about solutions to some of these problems and you say "what problem?".

With you that's self evident, creationism has to be true no matter what is presented to you and hang actual science that obliterates it.
This from someone that will not even discuss science but instead ALWAYS runs to fallacies.

Right Divider

Body part
No, science works without any sort of agenda or belief system, it's entirely neutral, solely concerned with evidence and the best explanations for the data and theories formulated around such. It neither assumes that the Bible is true or false and doesn't care about beliefs, philosophy or anything else. Yet another ignorant soundbite on your part.
No scientist is "entirely neutral"... another wonderful smokescreen.

Arthur Brain

If you think that the big bang, etc. originate solely by observation.... :french:

Do you think that observation of evidence can only occur at the time an event occurred?

Simply hilarious.

Not if you know how the scientific method works and how theories are formulated it isn't.

Are you a Christian?

How's that relevant? I'm not an atheist by any stretch but I don't hold with any "organized religion", none of which has any bearing on the topic.

Apparently you are completely unaware of so many things that I cannot communicate science with you. Does someone have be a physicist to understand basis physics? I'm a lead engineer in a computer software engineering role. I actually do know a lot about science. You seem to know very little, since you don't even know the basics.

Astrophysicists write about solutions to some of these problems and you say "what problem?".

No, you don't have to be a physicist to understand basic physics. You also don't need to be an evolutionary biologist to understand basic biology or how scientific theories come into being either. You may well know a lot about computer engineering but that's got squat to do with the age of the universe or evolutionary theory, or how peer review works. If there was a major problem with how the age of the universe has been arrived at then link to it and not from some creationist site.

This from someone that will not even discuss science but instead ALWAYS runs to fallacies.

Like you ran from Alate when she spelled things out to you? Give me a break.

Right Divider

Body part
Science itself is and unless you think that scientists all have an agenda to push then you should realize how ridiculous this line is by now.

I agree that science is... you and your naturalists do not own science. I'm sure that you're the very first unbiased scientist. You're probably the one doing all of the totally unbiased peer reviews.

Right Divider

Body part
Do you think that observation of evidence can only occur at the time an event occurred?
Nope... that is one of the things that makes origin theories non-empirical.

Not if you know how the scientific method works and how theories are formulated it isn't.
:juggle:

How's that relevant? I'm not an atheist by any stretch but I don't hold with any "organized religion", none of which has any bearing on the topic.
I didn't imply in the slightest that you were an atheist.... I asked if you were a Christian. Is that a bad question?

Of course it has bearing... you made a claim about the Bible. I was hoping that you would attempt to support it. Instead you basically said "Of course is says that what I say that it says".

No, you don't have to be a physicist to understand basic physics. You also don't need to be an evolutionary biologist to understand basic biology or how scientific theories come into being either.
So very generous of you.

You may well know a lot about computer engineering but that's got squat to do with the age of the universe or evolutionary theory, or how peer review works.
I know far more about these things than you do. All that you'd done is yell "A bunch of really smart people believe it so it must be true".

If there was a major problem with how the age of the universe has been arrived at then link to it and not from some creationist site.
Dude... seriously... get your head out of the sand.

Like you ran from Alate when she spelled things out to you? Give me a break.
GURU WORSHIP... discuss FACTS.

Arthur Brain

Nope... that is one of the things that makes origin theories non-empirical.

Stick to computer engineering...

Yeah, you do a lot of that.

I didn't imply in the slightest that you were an atheist.... I asked if you were a Christian. Is that a bad question?

Of course it has bearing... you made a claim about the Bible. I was hoping that you would attempt to support it. Instead you basically said "Of course is says that what I say that it says"

No, I said that the allegory is obvious and how you miss it is bizarre. Fundamentalism has often bemused me and I used to be in such a church until I had to leave.

So very generous of you.

Wasn't it? :D

I know far more about these things that you do. All that you'd done is yell "A bunch of really smart people believe it so it must be true".

You'll know far more about computer engineering than I do but the rest? No, you've continually shown ignorance on simply a basic level and had to be corrected multiple times. Stick to computers, they're your forte.

Dude... seriously... get your head out of the sand.

Dude...seriously, accept that the universe is a lot older than your dogmatic belief system determines it to be and question why you're so opposed to science.

GURU WORSHIP... discuss FACTS.

Grow up dude.

Right Divider

Body part
Stick to computer engineering...
I had a feeling that you don't have the slightest idea what that means.

Yeah, you do a lot of that.
I do it when you say something dumb.

No, I said that the allegory is obvious and how you miss it is bizarre. Fundamentalism has often bemused me and I used to be in such a church until I had to leave.
Again... not a shred of supporting argument... just "believe me".

You'll know far more about computer engineering than I do but the rest? No, you've continually shown ignorance on simply a basic level and had to be corrected multiple times. Stick to computers, they're your forte.
Nary a peep from you about actual facts.

Dude...seriously, accept that the universe is a lot older than your dogmatic belief system determines it to be and question why you're so opposed to science.
Again... because you say so? You're incredibly unconvincing.

Grow up dude.
I grew up when you were still in diapers.

Arthur Brain

I had a feeling that you don't have the slightest idea what that means.

Sure I do but I don't claim to be an expert in it just as I'm not in plenty of other areas. You most certainly aren't an expert in the fundamentals of science outside of a specific field that isn't under discussion.

I do it when you say something dumb.

No, you do it because you're childish. Rectify that.

Again... not a shred of supporting argument... just "believe me".

There's plenty to support the obvious besides my arguments here. Do you read much in the way of literature, prose?

Nary a peep from you about actual facts.

What "facts"? That you're ignorant about how scientific theories come about and ignorantly laugh at how the processes work and insist that there's some bias at work around the globe?

Again... because you say so? You're incredibly unconvincing.

No, because science says so....

I grew up when you were still in diapers.

Then you've regressed a fair bit.