Easing Restrictions, aka You're Gonna Kill Us All You Fool!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
While the Chicken Littles among us will cluck nervously in argreement with the thread title, the adults are looking forward:

Saskatchewan [h=1]COVID-19 in Saskatchewan: 5-phase plan to reopen province set to begin May 4[/h] [h=2]Opposition NDP say questions remain around plan[/h]

The Saskatchewan government's five-phase plan to reopen the province is set to begin on May 4.

The plan, which was unveiled Thursday by Premier Scott Moe and Saskatchewan's chief medical health officer Dr. Saqib Shahab, will guide the province as it restarts its economy during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

"Over the next several weeks, restrictions will be gradually lifted by adding more types of businesses to the allowable businesses list, meaning that they can reopen if they so choose," Moe said in a news release.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/province-pandemic-reopen-plan-1.5542461

ok doser

[h=1]Coronavirus: Wuhan, Los Angeles officials discuss getting back to work after lockdown[/h]
  • Officials from the two cities hold video conference on measures for economic recovery after virus is contained, Chinese foreign ministry says

Officials from China’s coronavirus epicentre Wuhan and the US city of Los Angeles have discussed ways to reopen after lockdown and resume production,

https://www.scmp.com/news/china/dip...an-los-angeles-officials-discuss-getting-back

ok doser

Running panicky circles
Chicken Littles cry
"Save us! The Sky Is Falling!"

works better as a haiku :)

Last edited:

Lon

Oregon is restarting county by county, starting with counties that have no virus representation. Seems viable.

ok doser

I'm in WA, so staying safe is outta my hands :chuckle:

My son was based in Bremerton for six years, when he wasn't out on station. He's in the Albany area now, three hours away - looking forward to seeing him in person and catching up, hearing his impressions of living in the Seattle area for that long, in his formative years as a young adult.

Lon

My son was based in Bremerton for six years, when he wasn't out on station. He's in the Albany area now, three hours away - looking forward to seeing him in person and catching up, hearing his impressions of living in the Seattle area for that long, in his formative years as a young adult.

In a word: "Liberal." The good news: While only surviving off of 40% of my earned income ( :plain:) it is at least 'survivable.'

Everybody here drinks the same Koolaid: Voted for another tax hike, get this, to the tune of over half a billion (you heard right, in ONE city), for 8 schools to be repaired or rebuilt. I think I could build that for them, all 8 for way less than 120 million each. Not sure where that puts my taxes. With FICA, etc. I should have the most beautiful roads anywhere in these United States ( :nono: ). Liberal tax payers voted it lock,stock, barrel.

Let me know your son's take when you get it :)

way 2 go

While the Chicken Littles among us will cluck nervously in argreement with the thread title, the adults are looking forward:

Saskatchewan [h=1]COVID-19 in Saskatchewan: 5-phase plan to reopen province set to begin May 4[/h] [h=2]Opposition NDP say questions remain around plan[/h]

The Saskatchewan government's five-phase plan to reopen the province is set to begin on May 4.

The plan, which was unveiled Thursday by Premier Scott Moe and Saskatchewan's chief medical health officer Dr. Saqib Shahab, will guide the province as it restarts its economy during the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic.

"Over the next several weeks, restrictions will be gradually lifted by adding more types of businesses to the allowable businesses list, meaning that they can reopen if they so choose," Moe said in a news release.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/saskatchewan/province-pandemic-reopen-plan-1.5542461

how shutdown are they ?

essential Retail Services Saskatchewan

Services include:
  • Grocery and other food stores
  • Pharmacies
  • Convenience stores
  • Hardware, home supply and appliance stores
  • Funeral homes, cremation and cemeteries
  • Restaurants (take out or delivery only)
  • Hotels, motels, shared rental units and similar facilities, including student residences
  • Cleaners, drycleaners and laundromats
  • Medical supplies and services
  • Pet food stores and supplies
  • Movers
  • Work equipment (safety and protection)
  • Automotive dealers, auto repair and autobody shops
  • Stores selling beer, wine, liquor or cannabis products
  • Gas stations, diesel, propane and heating fuel providers
  • Businesses that supply office products and services
  • Rental and leasing services
  • Professional services including lawyers and para-legals, engineers and translators
  • Land registration services and real estate agent services
  • Businesses providing security services including private security guards, monitoring or surveillance equipment and services
  • Businesses providing staffing services, including temporary help

ok doser

how shutdown are they ?

essential Retail Services Saskatchewan

Services include:
  • Grocery and other food stores
  • Pharmacies
  • Convenience stores
  • Hardware, home supply and appliance stores
  • Funeral homes, cremation and cemeteries
  • Restaurants (take out or delivery only)
  • Hotels, motels, shared rental units and similar facilities, including student residences
  • Cleaners, drycleaners and laundromats
  • Medical supplies and services
  • Pet food stores and supplies
  • Movers
  • Work equipment (safety and protection)
  • Automotive dealers, auto repair and autobody shops
  • Stores selling beer, wine, liquor or cannabis products
  • Gas stations, diesel, propane and heating fuel providers
  • Businesses that supply office products and services
  • Rental and leasing services
  • Professional services including lawyers and para-legals, engineers and translators
  • Land registration services and real estate agent services
  • Businesses providing security services including private security guards, monitoring or surveillance equipment and services
  • Businesses providing staffing services, including temporary help

Movers? :freak:

Office supplies??

way 2 go

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Logansport Memorial Hospital has just 83 beds. The COVID-19 care unit is already full. Administrators are concerned about being overrun with patients.