Coincidence or causal relation?

tieman55

With the advent of the internet and social media, societies have never been so "socially distant" ever before.

Is there a possible nexus between social distancing and making yourself vulnerable to a virus?

Does social distancing undermined "herd immunity"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity

Conventional wisdom is never wise.

Gary K

Banned
With the advent of the internet and social media, societies have never been so "socially distant" ever before.

Is there a possible nexus between social distancing and making yourself vulnerable to a virus?

Does social distancing undermined "herd immunity"?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Herd_immunity

Conventional wisdom is never wise.

I'm not sure about what you're referring to but there are some very significant modern behavior patterns that have greatly affected our immune systems.

Kids have historically always played in the dirt and the mud. I can remember kids I knew eating mud pies. I never did it, but I watched it done. And and back then whoever heard of a mother who was constantly sterilizing her bathroom, kitchen, bedrooms, all tabletops, etc.... Fifty years ago that was extremely rare. So rare I know of no one who ever did it. Today, i.e. the last 10 years or so, we have women so afraid of germs that they sanitize almost everything in their homes and keep their kids away from all forms of dirt. Look at all the home disinfectant products sold. Those kids immune systems are compromised as they have never been allowed to grow and progress as they have throughout human history.

tieman55

I'm not sure about what you're referring to but there are some very significant modern behavior patterns that have greatly affected our immune systems.

Kids have historically always played in the dirt and the mud. I can remember kids I knew eating mud pies. I never did it, but I watched it done. And and back then whoever heard of a mother who was constantly sterilizing her bathroom, kitchen, bedrooms, all tabletops, etc.... Fifty years ago that was extremely rare. So rare I know of no one who ever did it. Today, i.e. the last 10 years or so, we have women so afraid of germs that they sanitize almost everything in their homes and keep their kids away from all forms of dirt. Look at all the home disinfectant products sold. Those kids immune systems are compromised as they have never been allowed to grow and progress as they have throughout human history.

Clean is generally good, sterile is NOT . . . !