Social distancing has always been here, but what we have now is un-Christian

tieman55

To love another, you can't distance yourself, love . . . is not a gift you can give from a distance. Love can only be dispensed, face to face and eye to eye . . . to distance each other is not healthy for society. Distancing yourself tells people who aren't like you that you are afraid of them . . . how sad. The liberals brought this too us and far far to many christian's, instantly go along with their insanity, it breaks my heart. The internet has distanced us enough, only to take it another step is going to be very bad for society.

Are you going to distance yourself from your children?

I have been raising my own children for about 20 years, and some other kids along the way. My youngest is 9, so I have at least another 9 years to go. I am looking forward (a figure of speech) to each and every cold that my children give me! As those cold's keep me strong for them!

Colds are a gift from God. God created us with an immune system that needs to be exercised.

I don't want a cold and I really hate being sick, but they are necessary and in the long run good for me. Whenever my kids are sick, I don't shy away from them in any manner. I can't even imagine the idea of not loving my children, especially when they are not feeling well. Regardless of their health, even if it killed me . . . I am not missing a hug from my or any sick child!

The new social distancing, in my opinion is egocentric, stupid and unnecessary.

Think back your own life . . . . As I think back, I can't recall a cold that I didn't get from my children, that is where people get sick, it is from our kids, most likely that was God's intent. If an adult is sick and they are around other adults, usually they say something and or they keep their distance, so social distancing has always been around . . . as they almost always say . . . "I got a cold from my kids", I have heard that phrase a thousand times . . . while completely anecdotal, it rings true in my own life, we get sick, colds, the flu, from our kids. And that is a good thing as it keeps us strong for them.

Hopefully I will be very old one day, hopefully I will have grand kids that will love me, and I can promise you that I will requite their love, whether they are sick or not, whether I am healthy or not, I will never ever refuse a hug from my children.

Clean is good, sterile is not!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Social distancing has always been here, but what we have now is un-Christian

Assuming that your children are all living in the same household, nobody is claiming that you can't hug them - given that if just one has COVIR-19, the whole family has probably been infected before they start to show signs!

What you should be guarding against is limiting further interaction with those outside your home, who may be unaware that they are already potential carriers!

That includes attending church where a minister in Florida was charged with willfully defying a medical ban and placing his congregation at risk, by holding a service last Sunday!

The flu has a mortality rate of approximately 0.1% - with COVIR-19 that rate increases dramatically to 6% in France, 8% in Spain and in Italy it may be as high as 11%!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Please explain.

"a death rate of approximately 0.1%"

This is calculated after the normal flu season by dividing the number of deaths by the total population

"COVIR-19 ... in France it is 6%, Spain 8% and in Italy it may be as high as 11%"

This is being calculated during the flu season by dividing the number of deaths by the number of infected

I prefer the numbers found here

cases per 1M pop

and

deaths per 1M pop

Right Divider

Body part
"a death rate of approximately 0.1%" is calculated after the normal flu season by dividing the number of deaths from the total population

"COVIR-19 ... in France it is 6%, Spain 8% and in Italy it may be as high as 11%" is calculated during the flu season by dividing the number of deaths from the number of infected

I prefer the numbers found here

cases per 1M pop

and

deaths per 1M pop

Each type of statistic has its value. Deaths per million population can be deceiving at times. You will always have a higher rate of deaths per million in densely populated areas.

The deaths per confirmed infection is very valuable. It's the true "death rate", but we must also take demographics into account.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Each type of statistic has its value. Deaths per million population can be deceiving at times. You will always have a higher rate of deaths per million in densely populated areas.

The deaths per confirmed infection is very valuable. It's the true "death rate", but we must also take demographics into account.

all true, but jgarden was comparing apples to oranges

and the stats I like, I always temper by guesstimating where we are in the curve - they are less useful before the inflection point

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
Guys, divergent death rates from COVID-19 are likely from different rates of testing w more testing lowering the death rate.

Bob Enyart

Deceased
Staff member
Administrator
For the most recent graphic and a lot more from the producers of these charts, go to kgov.com/covid-19 and click on the graphic there. The flu death rate of 0.1 percent is not based on total U.S. population but based on cases reported divided by the numbers of related deaths. (Otherwise we'd have 300,00 dead Americans yearly from the seasonal flu alone.)

Last edited:

tieman55

The flu death rate of 0.1 percent is not based on total U.S. population but based on cases reported divided by the numbers of related deaths.

Hey Bob Enyart . . . .thanks for chiming in! RE: your quote above . . . "related deaths" Isn't it true that the flu is like smoking, in that neither of them are deadly in themselves?

Isn't it also true that the stated causes of death are in no way determined by a standardized method agreed to by all entities that file death reports?

In less than 10 percent of deaths an autopsy is performed. The cause of the other 90 some percent of deaths are, at best, determined subjectively without an autopsy.

Determining what the cause of death is, varies from hospital to hospital, from county to county , state to state and country to country . . so wouldn't you agree that to compare rates/causes of death with no standardized method being used, is basically a waste of time?

eider

To love another, you can't distance yourself, love . . . is not a gift you can give from a distance. Love can only be dispensed, face to face and eye to eye . . . to distance each other is not healthy for society. Distancing yourself tells people who aren't like you that you are afraid of them . . . how sad. The liberals brought this too us and far far to many christian's, instantly go along with their insanity, it breaks my heart. The internet has distanced us enough, only to take it another step is going to be very bad for society.

Are you going to distance yourself from your children?

I have been raising my own children for about 20 years, and some other kids along the way. My youngest is 9, so I have at least another 9 years to go. I am looking forward (a figure of speech) to each and every cold that my children give me! As those cold's keep me strong for them!

Colds are a gift from God. God created us with an immune system that needs to be exercised.

I don't want a cold and I really hate being sick, but they are necessary and in the long run good for me. Whenever my kids are sick, I don't shy away from them in any manner. I can't even imagine the idea of not loving my children, especially when they are not feeling well. Regardless of their health, even if it killed me . . . I am not missing a hug from my or any sick child!

The new social distancing, in my opinion is egocentric, stupid and unnecessary.

Think back your own life . . . . As I think back, I can't recall a cold that I didn't get from my children, that is where people get sick, it is from our kids, most likely that was God's intent. If an adult is sick and they are around other adults, usually they say something and or they keep their distance, so social distancing has always been around . . . as they almost always say . . . "I got a cold from my kids", I have heard that phrase a thousand times . . . while completely anecdotal, it rings true in my own life, we get sick, colds, the flu, from our kids. And that is a good thing as it keeps us strong for them.

Hopefully I will be very old one day, hopefully I will have grand kids that will love me, and I can promise you that I will requite their love, whether they are sick or not, whether I am healthy or not, I will never ever refuse a hug from my children.

It would definitely be best to keep the guidelines layed down by your Republican President.
At this time it is a kind of love for community that causes us all to 'household-isolate'.

As time goes by you will see that this is no ordinary cold.

Arthur Brain

It would definitely be best to keep the guidelines layed down by your Republican President.
At this time it is a kind of love for community that causes us all to 'household-isolate'.

No, it isn't. As it stands Boris Johnson has now been admitted to intensive care despite earlier only showing mild symptoms of this virus. It's reported that he's still conscious but it remains to be seen how serious this gets. I wish him the best.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

V45LVER63FGIJIEAZXOVVGJH3U.jpg

eider

No, it isn't. As it stands Boris Johnson has now been admitted to intensive care despite earlier only showing mild symptoms of this virus. It's reported that he's still conscious but it remains to be seen how serious this gets. I wish him the best.

Yes .... The film of him clapping last Thursday ..... we thought we looked very poorly then! So to hear that he was taken to IC on Sunday evening was no surprise.
The country has fallen for Boris these recent weeks. His fervour and care.
Everybody wants him back and we'll...don't give a hoot for politics just now.

How are the film's going? I have been recording lots of films and programs on our Humax. It's great to be able to skip past all the ads, or to delete a poor program and try something else.

I have been casting silver and gold items. Gold is so valuable now but since I like rose gold I have been producing a gold-copper alloy for some rings. I have also tried rose silver which looks good as well.

I do value the local exercise allowance and use this to cycle round to see empty streets and shops. No planes going over. No trawlers at sea. The beach is usually bustling and noisy with jet skis roaring about...... all quiet and silent. Amazing

tieman55

Social distancing has become cruel and unusual punishment.

I have now read several stories that go like this. . . Flash : Hospitals and nursing homes no longer allow visitors . . . with anecdote after anecdote like this . . . an elderly grandfather dies alone as his grandson pleads to see him ! Its a tragedy. "guidelines" turn into cold heart'ed bureaucracy . . . It is all so sad . . . I personally know two nurses and they are torn apart because the can't let visitors in and they are the only ones for the dying to talk to . . . one nurse told me that she this is a burden that she has never had before and doesn't want. To be fair, some hospital have not gone insane and after a brief physical exam do allow close family members at the very end of life. Nonetheless this is social distancing bureaucratic style.

As far as Trump, I give him a pass on the covid-19 mess, I knew when I voted for him he was a germofobe, so no surprise . . . .

eider

Social distancing has become cruel and unusual punishment.

I have now read several stories that go like this. . . Flash : Hospitals and nursing homes no longer allow visitors . . . with anecdote after anecdote like this . . . an elderly grandfather dies alone as his grandson pleads to see him ! Its a tragedy. "guidelines" turn into cold heart'ed bureaucracy . . . It is all so sad . . . I personally know two nurses and they are torn apart because the can't let visitors in and they are the only ones for the dying to talk to . . . one nurse told me that she this is a burden that she has never had before and doesn't want. To be fair, some hospital have not gone insane and after a brief physical exam do allow close family members at the very end of life. Nonetheless this is social distancing bureaucratic style.

As far as Trump, I give him a pass on the covid-19 mess, I knew when I voted for him he was a germofobe, so no surprise . . . .

Thanks for the reply.
Reference the above, my wife's colleagues sister just died from covid-19. 53yrs old and rushed on to IC where she died alone. That's what coronavirus can do.
It sure ain't flu, the bad strain is a ruthless untreatable killer.
We have not reached our peak yet, and the European graphs don't look like any country here has reached it.
It's anybody's guess but a few weeks looks likely to me.
A lott of single people here live in bedsits and how they are handling isolation is a mystery. But the atmosphere amongst friends and neighbours is very good, on average folks stop moaning and starting uniting when bad stuff happens, and that is exactly what seems to be going down now. :)

tieman55

Why don't you just go ahead and attend one of those coronavirus parties and get it over with?

I am pretty sure I have all ready got it from my kids, 2 to 3 weeks ago, won't know for sure until testing is not so important for those who now show systems . . .

I don't like being sick, no body does but is a fact of life, most people deal with it.

Your social distancing is not a fact of life, it is an invented idea of those who, like you, are afraid of life and all that it brings us. BTW, no body gets out alive!