I agree with Trump on China -- Here's why

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Donald Trump is the first president I can remember who is standing up to China, and that is a very good thing. First, I'd like to point out that I am not talking about the Chinese people per se, but about the ruling Chinese Communist Party ("CCP" for short). The Chinese people are subject to the CCP's dictatorship. Every president in recent memory until Trump has acquiesced to the CCP because of China's large market and its money-making potential. But make no mistake about it: The CCP is implementing plans to subvert and dominate as much of the world as possible through such things as the Belt and Road Initiative, 5G technology, etc. As if that weren't bad enough, here are just a few additional reasons I can think of off the top of my head for why I agree with Trump on China:

1) The CCP is polluting the global environment

Not only is the CCP allowing the pollution of China's soil, water, and air at epic levels, in the 2010s they also began impeding the recovery of the Earth's ozone layer. Back in the late 1970s, governments around the world took steps to ban CFCs that were destroying the Earth's ozone layer, which protects us from UV radiation damage in sunlight. Over the decades, the ozone hole progressively began to heal, but in the 2010s, scientists noticed a slowdown in that healing process. They began to trace the cause of this slowdown, and their investigations led them to China: https://www.bbc.com/news/science-environment-48353341

2) The CCP persecutes Tibetan Buddhists

The CCP's persecution of Tibetan Buddhists has been a cause célèbre for decades and is well known, so no need to discuss it further here.

3) The CCP persecutes Muslims

The CCP's persecution of the Uyghur population is rarely discussed in comparison to the Tibetan Buddhists' cause, and yet it is just as bad if not worse. So far as I am aware, even the rest of the Muslim world doesn't seem to take much issue with the persecution of their fellow Muslims in China. At least hundreds of thousands of Uyghur Muslims have been forced into labor and internment camps to be "re-educated" out of their ethnic identity and religion and into Chinese communist identity and ideology: https://www.pbs.org/newshour/features/uighurs/

4) The CCP persecutes Christians

The CCP persecutes Christians in various ways and also controls the appointment of all church preachers, pastors, priests, bishops, etc. In other words, they are putting their men behind the pulpit to preach their message. Underground churches, "house churches," etc, are illegal. The CCP only allows churches that it controls to exist. In fact, the CCP recently announced plans to rewrite the Bible (and the Koran) so that it reflects "Chinese communist" values: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nslation-bible

5) The CCP is driving numerous species to extinction

The Chinese belief in pseudo-scientific medicine and health supplements is funding the poaching of numerous endangered and exotic species around the world: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/11/19/s...ing-china.html

Last edited:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Another reason why I agree with Trump on China is the way the CCP handled the outbreak of the coronavirus and its aftermath. Chinese officials and state media are pushing propaganda and conspiracy theories to contest the facts around the origins of the virus:

Wuhan Coronavirus: China tries to whitewash the facts

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Objections have been raised against the usage of the term 'Chinese Virus'. WION's Palki Sharma tells you why it's accurate to call the Wuhan Coronavirus a Chinese Virus:

Gravitas: Why the Wuhan virus should be called 'Chinese virus'

Gary K

Banned
The first Chinese doctor to go public with warnings about the new coronavirus, Dr. Li Wenliang, was arrested by the Chinese government and threatened into silence. He later died of the very illness he tried to protect others from getting.

Reference: https://www.latimes.com/world-nation/story/2020-02-06/coronavirus-china-xi-li-wenliang

And who is it that is constantly bombarding you with stories that Trump is a racist for calling it the China virus? Maybe, just maybe, you're choosing the wrong people to trust. If they are lying about this, what else are they lying to you about? A known liar is no one to trust. Nothing they say is to be accepted at face value if you want to know truth.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
And who is it that is constantly bombarding you with stories that Trump is a racist for calling it the China virus? Maybe, just maybe, you're choosing the wrong people to trust.

Quite possibly. We should fact-check everything we hear, including what we hear from the mainstream media. Everyone has agendas of their own, and those agendas are not always in keeping with the truth.

Gary K

Banned
Quite possibly. We should fact-check everything we hear, including what we hear from the mainstream media. Everyone has agendas of their own, and those agendas are not always in keeping with the truth.

I agree. That is why I so often present alternative points of view on politics that absolutely conflict with, as I call them and deservedly so, the mockingbird media. And remember where it is that you have heard the vast majority of stories filled with hatred of Trump. The places I find the most truth are the alternative media sources. And those sites are the very sites the mockingbird media constantly says are extremely biased sources of information/news. Why? Because they reveal truth the mockingbirds want covered up.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Agreed with OP.

But don't forget that every Chinese business owner (even of small businesses) is a member of the party. So the line between the Chinese people and the party, might be closer to the people side than you might think.

Gary K

Banned
Agreed with OP.

But don't forget that every Chinese business owner (even of small businesses) is a member of the party. So the line between the Chinese people and the party, might be closer to the people side than you might think.

I'm not too sure of that. Did you see the images of Chinese police breaking into people's homes and dragging them off because they "suspected" they might be sick? How about how they then went to welding people into their apartments so they had zero chance to leave or buy food? And did you see the videos of very brave Chinese individuals broadcasting the truth of what was happening at the street level? You know, those Chinese citizens that were "disappeared" for speaking out. How about the riot and the anti government demonstrations than ensued after the lockdown in Wuhan was lifted?

If you ask me this event has soured the common man in China even more against their government. Their government basically killed off a whole lot of their friends and neighbors. I suspect that behavior on the part of their government will not be soon forgotten.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
rankings.jpg

I agree with Trump on China -- Here's why

Many Americans seem to like their presidents projecting a "macho" image to the rest of the world, but abrasive behavior and indulging in gratuitous name-calling comes with a cost and results in traditional allies reconsidering their alliances!

With all do respect, China is an economic superpower that doesn't scare easily and has excellent negotiators - having a 1 party system with a dictator who doesn't face the electorate every 4 years, provides their leadership with the option of waiting out any President, for the prospect of one that is desperate to make a deal at the end of his 1st term or that the next President elected will be more co-operative!

America/s greatest president's were statesmen who chose their words wisely, treated their opponents with respect, picked their battles judiciously and realized that in this world one can never have too many allies!

Last edited:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The C.I.A. has been warning the White House since at least early February that China has vastly understated its coronavirus infections and that its count could not be relied upon as the United States compiles predictive models to fight the virus, according to current and former intelligence officials.

Midlevel bureaucrats in the city of Wuhan, where the virus originated, and elsewhere in China have been lying about infection rates, testing and death counts, fearful that if they report numbers that are too high they will be punished, lose their position or worse, current and former intelligence officials said.

Bureaucratic misreporting is a chronic problem for any government, but it has grown worse in China as the Communist leadership has taken a more authoritarian turn in recent years under Mr. Xi.

China has credited its drastic containment measures — including a lockdown of nearly 60 million people — for a drop in newly reported cases in recent weeks, but many people outside its government have raised concerns that the figures are incomplete.

For example, China has not been reporting the number of asymptomatic cases it is aware of. As many as 25 percent of people who contract the virus may not show signs of it, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention have said.

Officials also said that China’s underreporting of its pandemic totals was unsurprising, saying that official statistics from the country are often lies.

-- https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/worl...overnment-tallies/ar-BB125Jnn?ocid=spartandhp

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
These words, which were written back in 2007, went unheeded in China, and is the cause for the current pandemic:

"The presence of a large reservoir of SARS-CoV-like viruses in horseshoe bats, together with the culture of eating exotic mammals in southern China, is a time bomb."

Source: https://cmr.asm.org/content/20/4/660.full

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
And who is it that is constantly bombarding you with stories that Trump is a racist for calling it the China virus? Maybe, just maybe, you're choosing the wrong people to trust. If they are lying about this, what else are they lying to you about?

Bill Maher is a big-time Trump critic, but even he is being hammered in the media with the old canard of "racism" for daring to point out that the coronavirus is a bi-product of Wuhan's wet markets in which bats and other live exotic animals are caged in close quarters and then slaughtered and sold for consumption.

Aimiel

I find a lot of what the CCP does despicable but the most horrific crime against humanity is that of organ-harvesting...

"According to new reports from human rights organizations, China is continuing a program to harvest organs from persecuted Christian minorities, political dissidents, and conscientious objectors to its communist government." -- SOURCE ARTICLE

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
[h=1]China lied about origin of coronavirus, leaked intelligence report says[/h]
A damning dossier leaked from the “Five Eyes” intelligence alliance claims that China lied to the world about human-to-human transmission of the virus, disappeared whistleblowers and refused to hand over virus samples so the West could make a vaccine.

The bombshell 15-page research document also indicated that the virus was leaked from the Wuhan Institute of Virology, a claim initially dismissed as a conspiracy theory because Chinese officials insisted the virus came from the local wet markets, according to the Australian Daily Telegraph.

https://nypost.com/2020/05/02/intelligence-report-says-china-lied-about-origin-of-coronavirus/

Idolater

China violates so many human rights it's terrifying. You mentioned how they interfere in religious practice, they go so far with the Catholic Church as to insist on weighing in on whether a candidate should be a bishop---it's none of their business. The Church alone has the valid authority to elect a bishop to the office of diocesan bishop, and most every other nation on earth recognizing this right, but not China.

To say nothing of their abridgement and censorship of the just exercise of the right to free political speech (Tiananmen Square 1989, Hong Kong 2019).

Idolater

4) The CCP persecutes Christians

The CCP persecutes Christians in various ways and also controls the appointment of all church preachers, pastors, priests, bishops, etc. In other words, they are putting their men behind the pulpit to preach their message. Underground churches, "house churches," etc, are illegal. The CCP only allows churches that it controls to exist. In fact, the CCP recently announced plans to rewrite the Bible (and the Koran) so that it reflects "Chinese communist" values: https://www.theguardian.com/world/20...nslation-bible
The saving grace is that even if the bishop is an outright fraud and doesn't even believe in Christ, when he presides over the sacraments when they are celebrated licitly then Jesus is really present there anyway.

The CCP can't stop Jesus.

marke

Agreed with OP.

Every American is rich in comparison with Haitians or other people from poor nations, so why do democrats portray rich people (especially rich white people) as evil?