Here's why Trump wants us all to go back to work

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I thought Trump cared more about the economy than American lives. That was the whole point of this thread.

Concern about the economy is the very reason Trump gave for why he wanted Easter to be the point at which we all go back to normal mode. Trump even trotted out his economic advisor, Larry Kudlow, to defend his position on that.

I said on the first page of this thread that it wouldn't happen and that Trump would be forced to change his mind on that because we are still in the early to mid-stages of this pandemic, and that is what has happened.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I thought Trump cared more about the economy than American lives. That was the whole point of this thread.

we can shelter in place for the three, six, nine months it will take for a vaccine to be developed and watch the entire world slip into a Depression worse than that of the 30's in America

in which case the only segment of the population that will be affected will be the essential workers - some of them will die

what I'm coming to realize is that the vast majority of my fellow Americans are involved in non-essential work

perhaps they should be taxed more heavily to support the essential workers who are putting their lives at risk?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Concern about the economy is the very reason Trump gave for why he wanted Easter to be the point at which we all go back to normal mode. Trump even trotted out his economic advisor, Larry Kudlow, to defend his position on that.

I said on the first page of this thread that it wouldn't happen and that Trump would be forced to change his mind on that because we are still in the early to mid-stages of this pandemic, and that is what has happened.

There's nothing wrong with being concerned about the economy. Trump simply expressed hope that we could get back to normal by Easter. No one "forced" Trump to change his mind. He changed it himself because he cares more about human lives than the stock market.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
There's nothing wrong with being concerned about the economy. Trump simply expressed hope that we could get back to normal by Easter. No one "forced" Trump to change his mind. He changed it himself because he cares more about human lives than the stock market.

Is it even remotely possible that a pandemic in its early stages could just go away in the time span of 3 weeks?

ok doser

Trump simply expressed hope that we could get back to normal by Easter.

Trump speaks in a rambling, stream of consciousness, ambiguous manner. It's not always easy to understand what he's saying, what he's trying to express.

Those who inherently dislike him, those that have an irrational, emotional, visceral hatred of him, tend to interpret his spoken thoughts very differently from those who don't.

I expect we're going to see a lot more of this during the next five years

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
You are a sick disgusting lowlife.

Sorry moderators but I had to say it. This degenerate has lived up to his reputation as a sick loser.

For everyone else, I predicted this sort of thing. Note the bolded italic text:

The US Sent Tons of Medical Supplies to China Even as Senators Warned of Virus Threat Here
March 29. 2020

The United States government sent nearly 17.8 tons of donated medical supplies to China—including masks and respirators—almost three weeks after the first case of the coronavirus was reported in the state of Washington.

In a press release from the State Department dated Feb. 7, the agency announced it was prepared to spend up to $100 million to assist China as the number of COVID-19 cases and deaths continued to rise there. The day the press release went out, Trump tweeted that he spoke with China’s President Xi Jinping and that China would be “successful especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker and then gone.”

At the time, sending supplies overseas may have seemed like the right thing to do. But it’s worth noting that this release of vital medical supplies came two days after several senators, including Connecticut Democrat Chris Murphy, offered to allocate congressional emergency funding for preventative health measures and research to ward off the virus in the United States—and President Donald Trump turned it down. “Local health systems need supplies, training, screening staff, etc…” tweeted Murphy, “and they need it now.”

https://www.motherjones.com/coronavi...s-threat-here/
************************************************** ************************************************** ************************************************** *********************
I'm sure that Trump supporters on this forum will be desperately searching for implausible excuses as to explain why their "Golden Boy" was so generous in allocating precious masks and ventilators tor COVIR-19 3 weeks after the first case was reported in the US - so much for his slogan "America First!"

Last edited:

ok doser

In a press release from the State Department dated Feb. 7, the agency announced it was prepared to spend up to $100 million to assist China as the number of COVID-19 cases and deaths continued to rise there. The day the press release went out, Trump tweeted that he spoke with China’s President Xi Jinping and that China would be “successful especially as the weather starts to warm & the virus hopefully becomes weaker and then gone.”

yes, we've always been a generous country, willing to help out others in need

how much assistance did Justin Trudeau give Jinping when the China Virus was tearing through Wuhan Province?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
yes, we've always been a generous country, willing to help out others in need

how much assistance did Justin Trudeau give Jinping when the China Virus was tearing through Wuhan Province?

Of course if Obama had done this you would accuse him of being a commie lover and of destroying our country by giving away to China the very medical equipment we are now lacking. From the article:
At the time, sending supplies overseas may have seemed like the right thing to do. But it’s worth noting that this release of vital medical supplies came two days after several senators, including Connecticut Democrat Chris Murphy, offered to allocate congressional emergency funding for preventative health measures and research to ward off the virus in the United States—and President Donald Trump turned it down. “Local health systems need supplies, training, screening staff, etc…” tweeted Murphy, “and they need it now.”​

eider

Very useful graphs.
The higher % fatality rate in Europe is sad and surprising., We are hearing accounts from recovering younger fitter people who can barely speak.

We watched a press-release of President Trump speaking to the US this morning.

He is now calling it 'Coronavirus' so he has obviously listened to his advisers about that.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Very useful graphs.
The higher % fatality rate in Europe is sad and surprising., We are hearing accounts from recovering younger fitter people who can barely speak.

We watched a press-release of President Trump speaking to the US this morning.

He is now calling it 'Coronavirus' so he has obviously listened to his advisers about that.

Its just a matter of time before this President starts referring to it as Washington Coronavirus, Michigan Coronavirus or the name of any other state with a Democratic governor with which Trump is conducting a personal vendetta!

Last edited:

eider

Its just a matter of time before this President starts referring to it as Washington Coronavirus, Michigan Coronavirus or the name of any other state with a Democratic governor with which Trump is conducting a personal vendetta!

I have heard him speaking about those he dislikes..... :)

But I'm glad he has switched from China virus to Coronavirus because that might help to reduce attacks upon Asians in the States.

ok doser

which endears him to his base - he's blunt and forceful, doesn't give a crap about hurt feelings - I believe you prissy little girlieman europeans (who would be speaking German if not for us) refer to it as "the ugly American"

eider

But I'm glad he has switched from China virus to Coronavirus because that might help to reduce attacks upon Asians in the States.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
What have you thought about Boris's Press calls with the Chief Medic and Head Science?
Most people think he's done well, I think, and that includes Libs, Labs, etc......

Boris does seems to be invested in putting his country first.