Here's why Trump wants us all to go back to work

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
President Trump says he wants the United States “raring to go” in two and a half weeks, on Easter, with “packed churches all over our country.” -- https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/25/opinion/coronavirus-trump-reopen-america.html

Trump wants the country to go back into full swing by Easter, which is on April 12th, about 2 1/2 weeks away as of this posting. You might be wondering why Trump would want us to do this if we are in the middle of a pandemic. The answer, I suspect, is below:
The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

25% had 1 illness
25% had 2 illnesses
48% had 3 or more illnesses

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.
Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

Trump knows that a good economy would give his reelection campaign a big boost. He also knows that, per Italy's statistics, most of the fatalities from COVID-19 are elderly and infirm. Having weighed these two things on a scale, Trump has apparently come to the conclusion that the lives of the elderly and infirm are worth risking (and losing) in exchange for an economy that is humming along normally and a Dow Index that is on the rise. That's why he wants churches across the country to be full come Easter Sunday. Trump wants us to bulldoze past this coronavirus by spreading it all around on Easter. Whoever gets ill gets ill, and whoever dies dies, but just get that stock market back up as fast as possible. After all, the "greatest generation" took a bullet for us in WWII so they can take another one for us with the coronavirus, am I right Pres. Bone Spurs?

Arthur Brain

President Trump says he wants the United States “raring to go” in two and a half weeks, on Easter, with “packed churches all over our country.” -- https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2020/03/25/opinion/coronavirus-trump-reopen-america.html

Trump wants the country to go back into full swing by Easter, which is on April 12th, about 2 1/2 weeks away as of this posting. You might be wondering why Trump would want us to do this if we are in the middle of a pandemic. The answer, I suspect, is below:
The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

25% had 1 illness
25% had 2 illnesses
48% had 3 or more illnesses

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.
Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

Trump knows that a good economy would give his reelection campaign a big boost. He also knows that, per Italy's statistics, most of the fatalities from COVID-19 are elderly and infirm. Having weighed these two things on a scale, Trump has apparently come to the conclusion that the lives of the elderly and infirm are worth risking (and losing) in exchange for an economy that is humming along normally and a Dow Index that is on the rise. That's why he wants churches across the country to be full come Easter Sunday. Trump wants us to bulldoze past this coronavirus by spreading it all around on Easter. Whoever gets ill gets ill, and whoever dies dies, but just get that stock market back up as fast as possible. After all, the "greatest generation" took a bullet for us in WWII so they can take another one for us with the coronavirus, am I right Pres. Bone Spurs?

He'll be playing with fire if he goes ahead while the pandemic is still in full swing. In the UK, the latest prognosis is that corona will peak in about three weeks time with escalating cases in the meantime although that could be subject to change. As much of a narcissist as Trump is, he must realize that irresponsibly lifting restrictions will only backfire?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
As much of a narcissist as Trump is, he must realize that irresponsibly lifting restrictions will only backfire?

Trump doesn't think that much past himself. He's already pontificated that he wants churches full across the country on Easter, and the country back to business as normal after that, which flies directly into the face of everything the CDC is saying. Fortunately for him and us, the adults around him will take responsible measures, in spite of whatever he says.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
.........Trump has apparently come to the conclusion that the lives of the elderly and infirm are worth risking (and losing) in exchange for an economy that is humming along normally.......

You are a sick disgusting lowlife.

Sorry moderators but I had to say it. This degenerate has lived up to his reputation as a sick loser.

For everyone else, I predicted this sort of thing. Note the bolded italic text:

President Trump needs to strike a balance now, between the risk of the virus and the need of the country to move forward. That is where we are at now. Continued isolation will destroy the economy, the country, and many lives, especially of lower income families. We are now at a point where we must accept the risk and move on with life. Allow me to give you an example:

Regarding motor vehicles: In 2010 in the USA, there were an estimated 5,419,000 crashes, 30,296 deadly, killing 32,999, and injuring 2,239,000. About 2,000 children under 16 die every year in traffic collisions. Records indicate that there were 3,613,732 motor vehicle fatalities in the United States from 1899 to 2013.

As a country we now accept that we must have so many deaths a year using automobiles. Now certainly we could stop all automobile deaths by ordering no more automobiles to be allowed on the road. If we focus narrowly on that one single goal then we could achieve it by just not allowing any more motor vehicles to run. But of course that would destroy the economy and the country. Therefore as a nation we have come to accept the fact that the risk of vehicle deaths is outweighed the need of the country to deliver goods and the need of people to get to work.

This virus situation is no different. We are now at a point where the danger to the people from The Cure is worse than the danger from the virus! We are now at a point where America must get back to work and accept the risks of the virus the same way we accept the risks from all other diseases, or car accidents, or plane accidents, slipping in the shower, and any number of risks that we take every day just by living life.

This is what President Trump is faced with. He must make a decision and I am sure he will make the right one. Sadly there are millions of little worms and pieces of garbage on the sidelines waiting to take him down and attack him for whatever decision he makes. And of course if he makes no decision they will attack him for that too as well as attack him for the resulting destroyed economy.

Speaking for myself I am ready to take the risk that comes with the existence of the virus and move on with life. I take a risk everyday getting in my car, I take a risk everyday getting in the shower, I take a risk everyday that I could catch any number of diseases. It's time to get back to work and let the medical community continue its good work to lessen and lesson the deaths caused by this as they do the deaths caused by all other diseases.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I'm not sure how you embed youtube videos since the site change but just click on the link to see how this clown of a president has flip flopped on Corona since it first started, and worse still tries to claim he knew just how serious it was going to be all along as time goes on.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kALaMNxeSzU

That's a good one. Check this one out, it's much shorter and to the point:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
How can anyone with something resembling a brain not see how much of a clueless, self serving dipstick this Trump clown really is? It's just bizarre...

I can understand the deplorables supporting him like they would any president with an (R) behind their name, but I thought that they were closer to 1/3 of the population rather than 50%.

EUEN-56UMAIuSYr

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
So he has everyone on ignore who proves him wrong, and now he he rolls in his mud pit of lies like a liberal hog, oblivious to truth and reality, happy in his hate. What a pathetic excuse for a man.

I was just about to warn you that UN and artie are baiting you, trying to get you banned

When you come back, play it smart and put both of them on ignore - it should be obvious to you that they're not worth engaging

Gary K

Banned
Something for perspective:

China -- Population == 1,437,877,818 Reported Coronavirus infections == 81,340
United States -- Population == 331,002,651 Reported Coronavirus infections == 81,344

Percentage of population infected with coronavirus,

China == .0056569% That's less than 6 thousandths of one percent.

United States == .0245750% That's less than 25 thousandths of one percent.

Percentage of population that has died.

China == .0002289% That's less than 25 one hundred thousandths of one percent.

United States == .0003912% That is less than 4 ten thousandths of one percent.

I think we just need to start dying of fright with those kinds of numbers.... :nono:

Lon

I'm not sure how you embed youtube videos since the site change but just click on the link to see how this clown of a president has flip flopped on Corona since it first started, and worse still tries to claim he knew just how serious it was going to be all along as time goes on.

:freak:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kALaMNxeSzU

Click "A" icon upper right. It'll give you an expanded list. Or simply type [Video} www.youtube.com/watch?v= whatevervideo{/Video] (replace { } with [ ]
... put both of them on hold ...
Iggy? "User Settings/Account/ and at the bottom /Ignore List

I haven't done it on the new TOL, but I'd assume type the name to be ignored and hit "Save Changes"

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

I think we just need to start dying of fright with those kinds of numbers.... :nono:

Some additional perspective: "Within hours of the Wuhan lockdown, travel restrictions were also imposed on 15 other cities in Hubei, affecting a total of about 57 million people. On 2 February 2020, Wenzhou, Zhejiang, implemented a seven-day lockdown in which only one person per household was allowed to exit once each two days, and most of the highway exits were closed." -- https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Hubei_lockdowns

Have we done that here? Would you want to?

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

China -- Population == 1,437,877,818 Reported Coronavirus infections == 81,340
United States -- Population == 331,002,651 Reported Coronavirus infections == 81,344

Percentage of population infected with coronavirus,

China == .0056569% That's less than 6 thousandths of one percent.

United States == .0245750% That's less than 25 thousandths of one percent.

Percentage of population that has died.

China == .0002289% That's less than 25 one hundred thousandths of one percent.

United States == .0003912% That is less than 4 ten thousandths of one percent.

about half of our numbers are due to the idiots in NYC who weren't compliant