WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF

God's Truth

That is what Trump is saying now.
Trump is getting ready to stop the great efforts.
There is probably no other way around it?
Why not 15 more days, for the sake of having our older people with preexisting illness have a little bit more of a chance?

Last edited:

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
Donald Trump on Coronavirus Restrictions: ‘We Cannot Let the Cure Be Worse than the Problem’
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/...s-restrictions-cannot-let-cure-worse-problem/

President Donald Trump signaled on Sunday night that he will start loosening the restrictions put into place after the coronavirus “stop the spread” period of 15 days.

“WE CANNOT LET THE CURE BE WORSE THAN THE PROBLEM ITSELF,” he wrote in all-caps on Twitter. “AT THE END OF THE 15 DAY PERIOD, WE WILL MAKE A DECISION AS TO WHICH WAY WE WANT TO GO!”

Trump spoke as stock market futures plunged on Sunday and Democrats blocked a massive economic rescue package proposed by Senate Republicans.

The 15-day “stop the spread” announcement from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC) began a week ago and will conclude at the end of March

On Monday, the president also shared messages on Twitter thanking him for the suggestion.

“If Trump saves us from the Depression everyone else was leading us into by reversing the country’s course on this, I am going to build a statue to him in my front yard (paid for by my successful bets he has won for me),” lawyer Robert Barnes wrote on Twitter

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
It's a balancing act and a gamble no matter which way we go. The haters are already foaming at the mouth on the leftist Facebook groups I troll.

God's Truth

It's a balancing act and a gamble no matter which way we go. The haters are already foaming at the mouth on the leftist Facebook groups I troll.

Tell me what is going on. I don't want to look for it on Facebook. I stopped with the Facebook a long time ago.

God's Truth

Trump said some different things today than what he has been saying, and different than what his medical advisers have been saying. Too bad he couldn't keep it up until the 15 days were up before sounding like everything the doctors were saying is dumb now, and how the old people aren't worth shutting everything down. It sounds like he lost his focus and reasoning for doing all that he was doing. He should have just stuck to it and not say anything negative about it at this point. It would have all seemed like a heroic effort by him instead of a possible blunder.

Arthur Brain

Trump said some different things today than what he has been saying, and different than what his medical advisers have been saying. Too bad he couldn't keep it up until the 15 days were up before sounding like everything the doctors were saying is dumb now, and how the old people aren't worth shutting everything down. It sounds like he lost his focus and reasoning for doing all that he was doing. He should have just stuck to it and not say anything negative about it at this point. It would have all seemed like a heroic effort by him instead of a possible blunder.

He's under too much pressure not to acknowledge what's going on with this. Social distancing and encouraging people to stay away from bars and restaurants isn't enough and even then if such venues are shut down. In the UK, there's been criticism that lockdown measures weren't implemented earlier as it was pretty much inevitable that many would still meet up and congregate. Over here, things have changed drastically in the space of a week with this pandemic.

God's Truth

He's under too much pressure not to acknowledge what's going on with this.

Would you elaborate on that?

Social distancing and encouraging people to stay away from bars and restaurants isn't enough and even then if such venues are shut down.

It is definitely helpful if done soon enough.
In times past when there were diseases that killed many, they met in church and they worked together, and they visited each other when someone they knew was sick.
You don't think diphtheria and other diseases in the not too distant past wouldn't have spread as rapidly if they practiced social distancing and stopped going to church and work?
In the UK, there's been criticism that lockdown measures weren't implemented earlier as it was pretty much inevitable that many would still meet up and congregate. Over here, things have changed drastically in the space of a week with this pandemic.

I am glad that the young children are not getting it and dying from it as diseases in times past. The attitude though that I got from Trump and the media today is kind of bad to me when it comes to the old and those with preexisting illnesses.

eider

We have just heard (on our UK News) that President Trump has announced that 'Asian-Americans' are great people.
Apparently he has been calling coronavirus 'The Chinese-virus'.
The News reported that Asian people in America have been insulted and attacked, and the President needs to try to reduce these bigoted attacks now, if he can.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
We have just heard (on our UK News) that President Trump has announced that 'Asian-Americans' are great people.

One reason why Trump has been calling the coronavirus as "the Chinese virus" or "Wuhan virus" is because Chinese state media have been promoting the idea that the coronavirus was brought to China by the United States Army. The Chinese Communist Party is trying to spin any criticism of how it handled the coronavirus outbreak, including the cover up, as anti-China racism:

Coronavirus: How China Spun Criticism Into “Racism”

God's Truth

The News reported that Asian people in America have been insulted and attacked, and the President needs to try to reduce these bigoted attacks now, if he can.

Diseases that originate from a country are usually called by that countries name.

German measles

West Nile Virus

Rocky Mountain Spotted Fever

The Spanish flu

The Hong Kong flu

Great Plague of London

Massachusetts smallpox epidemic

Italian Plague

etc.

I don't believe anyone is being treated badly for calling it the flu from China. That is fake news from disturbed people.. Even if people were treating Chinese Americans badly for it, then they probably beat their children and do other stupid things. Fake news. Trump is losing his way if he is falling for the fake news. He needs to be on guard.

eider

One reason why Trump has been calling the coronavirus as "the Chinese virus" or "Wuhan virus" is because Chinese state media have been promoting the idea that the coronavirus was brought to China by the United States Army. The Chinese Communist Party is trying to spin any criticism of how it handled the coronavirus outbreak, including the cover up, as anti-China racism:

Coronavirus: How China Spun Criticism Into “Racism”

Have you got a source for that, the Chinese spin?
only a few weeks ago the President had visited China and made diplomatic successes.

eider

Diseases that originate from a country are usually called by that countries name.

German measles

West Nile Virus

The Spanish flu

The Hong Kong flu

Great Plague of London

Italian Plague

etc.

I don't believe anyone is being treated badly for calling it the flu from China. That is fake news from disturbed people.. Even if people were treating Chinese Americans badly for it, then they probably beat their children and do other stupid things. Fake news. Trump is losing his way if he is falling for the fake news. He needs to be on guard.

To make a point that Asian Americans are good people is essential at this time. We have had to deterr race bigotry against Asians as well.
Obviously it isn't a great idea to call this virus the Chinese Virus.

Aimiel

German measles

West Nile Virus

The Spanish flu

The Hong Kong flu

Great Plague of London

Italian Plague
Funny part about the Spanish flu is: it is believed to have started in the United States of America, in Kansas. The Spanish were the only people whose news wasn't censored during WWI and so the local news around the world often quoted statistics and other news regarding the flu outbreak from Spain; hence: it became known as, "The Spanish Flu."

"There have been statements that the epidemic originated in the United States. Historian Alfred W. Crosby stated in 2003 that the flu originated in Kansas, and popular author John Barry described Haskell County, Kansas, as the point of origin in his 2004 article. It has also been stated by historian Santiago Mata in 2017 that, by late 1917, there had already been a first wave of the epidemic in at least 14 US military camps." -- Wikipedia article: Spanish Flu

Aimiel

To make a point that Asian Americans are good people is essential at this time. We have had to deterr race bigotry against Asians as well.
Obviously it isn't a great idea to call this virus the Chinese Virus.
Any type of racial, gender, religious, age or any other type of hatred of human beings is error and sin; as is worry, fear and doubt.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Trump should be calling it The China virus instead of the Chinese virus.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

Some of them, sure.

Others aren't

In a similar manner, people have been calling chow mein and kung pao chicken "Chinese food"

The News reported that Asian people in America have been insulted and attacked ...

Yes our news is reporting the same

and the President needs to try to reduce these bigoted attacks now, if he can.

You're telling MY President what he "needs" to do wrt MY fellow citizens?

You - a foreign national?

How quaint

Perhaps you could spare a bit more concern for the million Uighers in re-education camps in northern China

Last edited: