COVID-19 Data Tracking

Aimiel

The first case in the US was on Jan. 21.
What actions did the president take before that?
None that I know of, but I was apparently misinformed. I still don't believe that there were any US deaths from COVID-19 before he declared the emergency. Obama waited until 1,000 deaths; that's alarming, to say the least. I'm sure there would have been much less pandemonium due to Swine Flu had he acted sooner. The biggest reason there's so much foolishness by people who are stockpiling toilet paper and such is the fake media making this into the Black Death.

Aimiel

I agree, we do need to take this seriously, but God is still in control of this universe, last I checked. I like the advice from one doctor that I read: act in public as if you have it, such that you don't spread it, un-knowingly, if indeed you DO have it (since the incubation period could be five days or longer before symptoms become evident).

chair

None that I know of, but I was apparently misinformed. I still don't believe that there were any US deaths from COVID-19 before he declared the emergency. Obama waited until 1,000 deaths; that's alarming, to say the least. I'm sure there would have been much less pandemonium due to Swine Flu had he acted sooner. The biggest reason there's so much foolishness by people who are stockpiling toilet paper and such is the fake media making this into the Black Death.

so- what's your source for "Obama waited until there were 1,000 deaths"?
For the record, I am not a fan of Obama nor Trump.

Aimiel

From THIS ARTICLE...

President Obama declared a national emergency to deal with the “rapid increase in illness” from the H1N1 influenza virus, 6 months after it began in April and 1,000 Americans had died.

chair

I highly recommend that you get saved; but that won't produce much, either.

You want to discuss religious matters- there's a forum for that.

Here we are talking about fake facts, and unreliable sites. I'm not saying to Only look at sites that disagree with your set view- but look at them also.

Aimiel

I do, which is why I found the 'Snopes is Wrong...' story.

By the way, this is a free country and TOL is a Christian website, so I can discuss my faith anywhere I like. :thumb:

Last edited:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
99% of Those Who Have Died From Coronavirus Had Other Illnesses, Says Italy's National Health Institute.

25% had 1 illness
25% had 2 illnesses
48% had 3 or more illnesses

More than 75% had high blood pressure, about 35% had diabetes and a third suffered from heart disease.

The average age of those who’ve died from the virus in Italy is 79.5. As of March 17, 17 people under 50 had died from the disease. All of Italy’s victims under 40 have been males with serious existing medical conditions.

Source: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...-died-from-virus-had-other-illness-italy-says

The Berean

As an mechanical and manufacturing engineer I find this this amazing. The company Dyson designed a completely new ventilator for COVID-19 patients in 10 days!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/com...0I1l4voB26JRFOrSCcNwoWE3y9L-NlbMfKqvQVDVFDkIc

Dyson said the company had designed and built an entirely new ventilator, called the "CoVent," since he received a call 10 days ago from UK Prime Minister Boris Johnson.

"This new device can be manufactured quickly, efficiently and at volume," Dyson added, saying that the new ventilator has been designed to "address the specific needs" of coronavirus patients.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned

COVID-19 Data Tracking

Given that Germany has approximately 50000 testing positive for CONVIR-19 and only 304 fatalities, I think we should trade for Angela Merkel and put Donald Trump on waivers!

The Berean

Abbott Laboratories announces they have a new COVID-19 testing machine that gives results in as little as five minutes.

Abbott Laboratories is unveiling a coronavirus test that can tell if someone is infected in as little as five minutes, and is so small and portable it can be used in almost any health-care setting.

The medical-device maker plans to supply 50,000 tests a day starting April 1, said John Frels, vice president of research and development at Abbott Diagnostics. The molecular test looks for fragments of the coronavirus genome, which can quickly be detected when present at high levels. A thorough search to definitively rule out an infection can take up to 13 minutes, he said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...lmost-anywhere

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Abbott Laboratories announces they have a new COVID-19 testing machine that gives results in as little as five minutes.

Abbott Laboratories is unveiling a coronavirus test that can tell if someone is infected in as little as five minutes, and is so small and portable it can be used in almost any health-care setting.

The medical-device maker plans to supply 50,000 tests a day starting April 1, said John Frels, vice president of research and development at Abbott Diagnostics. The molecular test looks for fragments of the coronavirus genome, which can quickly be detected when present at high levels. A thorough search to definitively rule out an infection can take up to 13 minutes, he said.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...lmost-anywhere

that's great news!

The Berean

that's great news!

The might of American manufacturing is bring to bear it's full power to combat COVID-19. It's awesome to see this happen. It makes me very proud to be an American!

I just got a call today from a buddy of mine who owns a machine shop. He asked me to help him build a new emergency ventilator that can be used in a pinch where there are no other options. The design is an open source design from MIT. I said yes of course. This will give me a chance to actually help people while I am stuck at home all day.

http://news.mit.edu/2020/ventilator-covid-deployment-open-source-low-cost-0326

chair

The might of American manufacturing is bring to bear it's full power to combat COVID-19. It's awesome to see this happen. It makes me very proud to be an American!

I just got a call today from a buddy of mine who owns a machine shop. He asked me to help him build a new emergency ventilator that can be used in a pinch where there are no other options. The design is an open source design from MIT. I said yes of course. This will give me a chance to actually help people while I am stuck at home all day.

http://news.mit.edu/2020/ventilator-covid-deployment-open-source-low-cost-0326

Great for you. I wish there was more I could do here than hiding at home.
I guess I could hoard toilet paper or something...

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I just got a call today from a buddy of mine who owns a machine shop. He asked me to help him build a new emergency ventilator that can be used in a pinch where there are no other options. The design is an open source design from MIT. I said yes of course.

Great news, let us know how it works out!

The Berean

Great for you. I wish there was more I could do here than hiding at home.
I guess I could hoard toilet paper or something...

Hahahaha!!! Don't forget paper towels as well! I know Israel have many leading medical companies. I'm sure they are working very hard to get help with the tratment of COVID-19 patients.

https://www.jpost.com/health-scienc...ls-to-treat-critical-covid-19-patients-622960

Great news, let us know how it works out!

I'll keep everyone posted. We have our first team meeting later today.