“We might be living in a very different world for a year or more.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The bottom line is that the coronavirus is expected to be about as deadly as the Spanish flu of 1918-1920. The coronavirus will eventually spread throughout the population, but if it spreads too rapidly, hospitals will be overwhelmed. For example, the seriously ill will need ventilators but there are only so many ventilators available in hospitals throughout the country. If they reach max capacity, anyone else who needs one but can't get access will die. That's why schools and non-essential businesses are being told to close, "social distancing" is being recommended, etc. They are trying to slow the spread of the virus.

With businesses closing, 20% or more of the population may find themselves suddenly without a job. That's why Mit Romney and others are advocating a universal basic income--so people who are forced out of work can still have some money coming in to survive.

People are being told to stay at home unless travel is essential; for example, to shop for groceries. People who test positive for the coronavirus may be forced into quarantine. I've already heard of one case of someone who left a hospital after treatment for COVID-19 and refused to self-quarantine, so the authorities enforced the quarantine on him. This is not a joke. Every effort must be made to slow the spread of this virus.

eider

Indeed.
So the 'panic' is not worse than the disease after all.
President Trump has just been enabled to release one trillion dollars to support folks who need financial help. In the UK our government has released 330 billion for the same reasons.

Our Science and medic chiefs hope that they can reduce the deaths to down to 20000 but of course the USA is five times larger on population so that could be one million.

But the toll could be three times higher than that.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
I just found this through Joe Murgia's account on Twitter

You found crap in a crap pond. How surprising.

Indeed.
So the 'panic' is not worse than the disease after all

And along comes the creatures that eat crap.

This virus will pass like all others. In three months the market and the economy will be booming, and the Left's attempt to use this disease as a vehicle to defeat Trump will have failed just like their fake impeachment failed.

Four more years of MAGA. Buckle up snowflakes.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
“We might be living in a very different world for a year or more.”

That is horse apples. What I said is correct: This virus will pass like all others. In three months the market and the economy will be booming, and the Left's attempt to use this disease as a vehicle to defeat Trump will have failed just like their fake impeachment failed.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The Chinese government may have been lying about having the coronavirus epidemic under control:

After months of staying holed up in the Forbidden City, Mr. Xi finally ventured to Wuhan, the epicenter of the virus, to declare victory over the virus as all the makeshift hospitals have been closed. Yet no one knows if Beijing’s claims that new indigenous cases are slowing down are true or not, given long-standing doubt about the veracity of any official Chinese statistics, and the party’s failure to act in the early days of the coronavirus.

The communist government instead is claiming that it has largely controlled the epidemic, even as it suspiciously now blames “foreign arrivals” for new cases of virus. Leaked video from China shows huge lines at a hospital in Chongqing, for example, raising questions about just what is happening around the country.

Source:
Beijing Fears COVID-19 Is Turning Point for China, Globalization

Also, Iran appears to be digging mass graves:

Jonahdog

BANNED
Banned
But you and Traditio were saying how great Communists were. What went wrong? Is Orange man good now?

No, Orange man is not good. But I am interested in where you got your medical degree? I can tell you that my daughter is an infectious disease doc at an NYC hospital and she would consider you as foolish as the Orange man when it comes to this.
But then, why bother with experts?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
But you and Traditio were saying how great Communists were. What went wrong? Is Orange man good now?

You have Trump derangement syndrome in reverse.

You told me at least once already that you had me on ignore:

I thought I had you on ignore. That is where you go.

What went wrong? Were you lying about that just as you lie about practically everything else? The fact that you are posting in my threads is proof that you were lying about that. Now be honest for once and do put me on ignore. Get lost.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
You told me at least once already that you had me on ignore

I did, didn't I. Not sure what happened.

Get lost.

That's pretty mean.

Anyway, your thread is nonsense. Nobody is going to permanently change their life. It will all be back to normal soon.

Stop scaring people.

Orange man is not good

Orange man very good. Good jobs, good economy, good oranges to eat. Very good.

lol

:banana::darwinsm:​​​​​​​

The Berean

The fear mongering is entering epic proportions. Tens of millions of people will die? That remains to be seen. As of today.

Coronavirus Cases: 218,175

Deaths: 8,937

Recovered: 84,383

The death rate is 4.09% is way higher than the flu. This is a serious matter not to be taken lightly and people need to take every precaution possible. But this is not the Black Death or the Zombie Apocalypse. People need to calm the heck down.

https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

The Berean

How about the death rate just in America. Like 40 or 50?

According to this report than came out within the hour there about 7,500 cases and 110 deaths in the US presently. That's a 1.47% death rate. And most states are in sheltering mode now so people are not congregating in large numbers. I haven't left my house since Sunday when I went to church.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/healt...day/index.html

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
According to this report than came out within the hour there about 7,500 cases and 110 deaths in the US presently. That's a 1.47% death rate. And most states are in sheltering mode now so people are not congregating in large numbers. I haven't left my house since Sunday when I went to church.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/18/healt...day/index.html

110 deaths. 26 of which were in a single facility.

Compare that to 40k a year from the flu.

I am not changing my life for this thing.

The Berean

110 deaths. 26 of which were in a single facility.

Compare that to 40k a year from the flu.

I am not changing my life for this thing.

I would wait it out for a a week or so. There may be quite a few people who have the virus but show no symptoms. I have a schedule engineering next Tuesday that I must attend. We are limiting the number of people and plan to keep our distance from each other in the meeting.

Trump Gurl

Credo in Unum Deum
I would wait it out for a a week or so. There may be quite a few people who have the virus but show no symptoms. I have a schedule engineering next Tuesday that I must attend. We are limiting the number of people and plan to keep our distance from each other in the meeting.

Oh I will do better than that. I say in two months all will be back to normal. And the economy will roar because people will be making up for lost time or whatever they lost.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

From the article I linked to in the first post of this thread:

After the 1st suppression period ends in July, we could probably lift restrictions for a month, followed by 2 more months of suppression, in a repeating pattern without triggering an outbreak or overwhelming the ventilator supply. Staggering breaks by city could do a bit better.

But we simply cannot EVER allow the virus to spread throughout the entire population in the way other viruses do, because it is just too deadly. If lots of people we know end up getting COVID-19, it means millions of Americans are dying. It simply can't be allowed to happen.

How quickly will a vaccine be here? Last week three separate research teams announced they had developed vaccines. Yesterday, one of them (with FDA approval) injected its vaccine into a live person, without waiting for animal testing. That's an extreme measure, but necessary.

Now, though, they have to monitor the test subject for 14 months to make sure the vaccine is safe. This part can't be rushed: if you're going to inoculate all humans, you have to make absolutely sure the vaccine itself won't kill them. It probably won't, but you have to be sure.

Assuming the vaccine is safe and effective, it will still take several months to produce enough to inoculate the global population. For this reason, the Imperial College team estimated it will be about 18 months until the vaccine is available.

During those 18 months, things are going to be very difficult and very scary. Our economy and society will be disrupted in profound ways. And if suppression actually works, it will feel like we're doing all this for nothing, because infection and death rates will remain low.

It's easy to get people to come together in common sacrifice in the middle of a war. It's very hard to get them to do so in a pandemic that looks invisible precisely because suppression methods are working. But that's exactly what we're going to have to do.

Source: https://www.facebook.com/ufojoe/posts/10219209456340475

Status
Not open for further replies.