Steve Jobs widow says Jobs children will not inherit family wealthy

The Berean

This caught my eye. Laurene Powell Jobs, widow of Steve Jobs, stated that her children will not inherit the Jobs family wealth.

"I'm not interested in legacy wealth buildings, and my children know that," Powell Jobs told The Times. "Steve wasn't interested in that. If I live long enough, it ends with me."

Powell Jobs said she believes a massive accumulation of wealth is "dangerous for a society" and pointed to 19th- and 20th-century families like the Rockefellers, Carnegies, Mellons, and Fords as examples.

"It's not right for individuals to accumulate a massive amount of wealth that's equivalent to millions and millions of other people combined," she said. "There's nothing fair about that."

https://www.businessinsider.com/laur...edium=referral

The hypocrisy and self-righteousness of this women knows no bounds. Her net worth is $22.6 BILLION. She DID nothing to create all this wealth. She simply married the man who did create all that wealth. She did nothing but marry him and give him children. Granted, giving birth to three children is no small thing.But now she is lecturing others about the evils of extreme wealth.

Also for those families she mentioned some of them used their great wealth to help many people. Andrew Carnegie funded the building of 3,500 public libraries. Many of these libraries were build in tiny towns that never had a public library before. My home town had one built in 1905. I visited this library in 1975 as a small child and was just awed by all t he rows and rows of books. This library cultivated a life long love of reading and learning in me.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
This caught my eye. Laurene Powell Jobs, widow of Steve Jobs, stated that her children will not inherit the Jobs family wealth.

"I'm not interested in legacy wealth buildings, and my children know that," Powell Jobs told The Times. "Steve wasn't interested in that. If I live long enough, it ends with me."

Powell Jobs said she believes a massive accumulation of wealth is "dangerous for a society" and pointed to 19th- and 20th-century families like the Rockefellers, Carnegies, Mellons, and Fords as examples.

"It's not right for individuals to accumulate a massive amount of wealth that's equivalent to millions and millions of other people combined," she said. "There's nothing fair about that."

https://www.businessinsider.com/laur...edium=referral

The hypocrisy and self-righteousness of this women knows no bounds. Her net worth is $22.6 BILLION. She DID nothing to create all this wealth. She simply married the man who did create all that wealth. She did nothing but marry him and give him children. Granted, giving birth to three children is no small thing.But now she is lecturing others about the evils of extreme wealth.

Also for those families she mentioned some of them used their great wealth to help many people. Andrew Carnegie funded the building of 3,500 public libraries. Many of these libraries were build in tiny towns that never had a public library before. My home town had one built in 1905. I visited this library in 1975 as a small child and was just awed by all t he rows and rows of books. This library cultivated a life long love of reading and learning in me.

there's not a Jobs Foundation analogous to the Gates Foundation?

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Her net worth is $22.6 BILLION. She DID nothing to create all this wealth.

Did you know that Bernie Sanders is in favor of a wealth tax? And an even larger wealth tax on billionaires?

#Bernie2020
#NotMeUs
#BillionairesShouldNotExist

Traditio

BANNED
Banned
Yes, I have heard of it.

Since you very clearly have admitted that this woman has done nothing to earn her wealth, you should agree with Bernie Sanders when he says that we should strip her of her inordinate wealth. ;)

#SeizeTheMeansOfProduction
#WorkersRevolution
#DownWithCapitalism

The Berean

Since you very clearly have admitted that this woman has done nothing to earn her wealth, you should agree with Bernie Sanders when he says that we should strip her of her inordinate wealth. ;)

#SeizeTheMeansOfProduction
#WorkersRevolution
#DownWithCapitalism

I only admit that Steve Jobs' widow specifically had no hand in creating Apple Computer and no hand in the wealth that Steve Jobs created. She essentially married into money. "-)

The Berean

there's not a Jobs Foundation analogous to the Gates Foundation?

Yes, there is. It's called the Emerson Collective. To her credit, Laurene Jobs has used some of her wealth for the enhancement of education opportunities doe undeserved youth among other social projects.

Last edited: