Oh the Irony...

quip

BANNED
Banned
Party time!:the_wave:

A development company evicts homeless poor moms.

What a world-wide victory for parsimonious conservatives! :BRAVO:

God's Truth

Party time!:the_wave:

A development company evicts homeless poor moms.

What a world-wide victory for parsimonious conservatives! :BRAVO:

There are homeless shelters everywhere, so why do they have to steal someone else's space?

quip

BANNED
Banned
The article is about homeless women being evicted from vacant home.

You are the one who did not read the article.

The women, who are members of the Moms 4 Housing activist collective, moved into the house in November after not being able to find an affordable place to live in Oakland.

On Monday, Moms 4 Housing held a rally outside the home, drawing hundreds who came out to support the women in protesting the gentrification of Oakland, and make clear they consider housing to be a human right.​​​​​​

You daft? :idunno:

quip

BANNED
Banned
There are homeless shelters everywhere, so why do they have to steal someone else's space?

“There are four times as many empty homes in Oakland as there are homeless people,” Karim said at a press conference outside the home in November. “Why should anyone, especially children, sleep on the street while perfectly good homes sit empty?”

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The women, who are members of the Moms 4 Housing activist collective, moved into the house in November after not being able to find an affordable place to live in Oakland.

On Monday, Moms 4 Housing held a rally outside the home, drawing hundreds who came out to support the women in protesting the gentrification of Oakland, and make clear they consider housing to be a human right.​​​​​​

You daft? :idunno:

Two homeless mothers in Oakland, California who were occupying a vacant residence owned by a development company were evicted

In other words, they didn't own the house they were living in, nor had any right to be in it.

Daft indeed...

They're a couple of husband-less bums who think they can get away with trespassing and theft.

What they each need is a good husband who can provide for them, OR to find a better paying job (or another job) and start working to provide for themselves so that they can afford a place to live.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
“There are four times as many empty homes in Oakland as there are homeless people,” Karim said at a press conference outside the home in November. “Why should anyone, especially children, sleep on the street while perfectly good homes sit empty?”

Because those bums who live out on the street don't have the right to be in those buildings.

Now, if they were to buy or rent or lease them, that would be one thing. But instead they choose to be bums and remain on the street because people like you defend their trespassing on property they don't own.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
and make clear they consider housing to be a human right.​​​​​​

By the way, housing is not a human right. To purchase and own property is a right. The houses were purchased and owned by the renovation company. And as such, bums like these women do not have the right to trespass, let alone live, in those homes.

If they want to be able to afford a home, they need to work for it.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The article is about homeless women being evicted from vacant home.

You are the one who did not read the article.

He can't understand why a company wouldn't want two women living in a home they (not the women) own the rights to.

Last edited:

quip

BANNED
Banned

Two homeless mothers in Oakland, California who were occupying a vacant residence owned by a development company were evicted

In other words, they didn't own the house they were living in, nor had any right to be in it.

Daft indeed...

They're a couple of husband-less bums who think they can get away with trespassing and theft.

What they each need is a good husband who can provide for them, OR to find a better paying job (or another job) and start working to provide for themselves so that they can afford a place to live.

Duly noted.

Seems you missed the gentrification aspect of the article because you were simply too busy passing judgment upon them....meaning, you see what you want to see and superficially gloss over the gist.

Typical and convenient conservative blind-spotting.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

ya know, I probably wouldn't be able to find an affordable place to live in Manhattan, either. Or London or Paris or Berlin.

If I moved to Manhattan or London or Paris or Berlin, I could claim to be "homeless" as well, which would, apparently, allow me to break the law

quip

BANNED
Banned
ya know, I probably wouldn't be able to find an affordable place to live in Manhattan, either. Or London or Paris or Berlin.

If I moved to Manhattan or London or Paris or Berlin, I could claim to be "homeless" as well, which would, apparently, allow me to break the law

It would?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Duly noted.

Seems you missed the gentrification aspect of the article because you were simply too busy passing judgment upon them....meaning, you see what you want to see and superficially gloss over the gist.

Typical and convenient conservative blind-spotting.

Seems you missed the point of this thread, which was pointing out the irony of women who bemoan the fact that some people own homes while others do not being kicked out of homes that they themselves did not own.

Gentrification has nothing to do with this thread.

Last edited: