X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Don Cherry fired

for wanting everyone to support veterans

he fell victim to the retardedness of political correctness

are you a canuck? I've been catching this story all day on the CBC radio.

Comment

Originally posted by ok doser View Post

yes canuck

Comment

they have been looking for a reason to get rid of cherry for awhile
        firing him on veterans day for speaking up for veterans , good job sportsnet

Comment

we've probably done this before, but I live a few miles from the only border crossing between Queenston and Prescott - listen to the CBC solely this time of year. I get a chuckle out of the traffic reports out of Ottawa in the afternoon - rush hour around here is three people at a four way stop, waiting for someone else to go first

Comment

Bad choice of words..."you people", meaning immigrants to Canada. You'd have to be a idiot not to know what that dog whistle was about.
            https://www.usatoday.com/story/sport...rant/40580687/

Comment

Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
              Bad choice of words..."you people", meaning immigrants to Canada ...

... who don't buy poppies

You'd have to be an idiot to miss that

Comment

And my loyal entourage appears...

Comment

Originally posted by The Barbarian View Post
                  And my loyal entourage appears...
                  an idiotic response from a true idiot

way to go : thumb:

Comment

Cherry's words:

Cherry, a long-time booster of the Canadian military, spoke the words that ended his career on Hockey Night in Canada Saturday as part of a winding lament about poppies and Remembrance Day.

“You know, I was talking to a veteran. I said ‘I’m not going to run the poppy thing anymore because what’s the sense? I live in Mississauga, nobody wears — very few people wear a poppy. Downtown Toronto, forget it! Downtown Toronto, nobody wears a poppy.’” he said during Saturday’s broadcast.

That was fine enough, typical Cherry. But what came next changed it all.

“You people love — that come here, whatever it is — you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey,” Cherry said. “At least you could pay a couple of bucks for a poppy. These guys paid for your way of life, the life you enjoy in Canada. These guys paid the biggest price.”

https://nationalpost.com/news/coachs...n-cherry-fired

Comment

“You people love — that come here, whatever it is — you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey. At least you could pay a couple of bucks for a poppy. These guys paid for your way of life, the life you enjoy in Canada. These guys paid the biggest price.”

Obviously racist - just look at those offensive words - dog whistle!

Comment

He said late Monday he would not be apologizing.

Cherry denied he was singling out visible minorities.

“I did not say minorities, I did not say immigrants. If you watch ‘Coach’s Corner,’ I did not say that. I said ‘everybody.’ And I said ‘you people,’ ” Cherry said.

“Irish, Scotch, anybody that’s newcomers to Canada, and they should wear a poppy to honor our dead from the past, whether they’re Scotch or Irish or English, or where they come from.”

https://www.latimes.com/sports/hocke...out-immigrants

Comment

"I live in Mississauga, nobody wears — very few people wear a poppy. Downtown Toronto, forget it! Downtown Toronto, nobody wears a poppy."

Toronto Demographics
                          The most common ancestry groups were: English (12.9%), Chinese (12.0%), Canadian (11.3%), Irish (9.7%), Scottish (9.5%), East Indian (7.6%), Italian (6.9%), Filipino (5.5%), German (4.6%), French (4.5%), and Polish (3.8%).

According to the 2011 census, more than half of Mississauga's population is non-white. Although white remains the most dominant ethnic group (45.8 per cent), the next largest ethnic groups are South Asian (21.8 per cent), Chinese (7.1 per cent), African American (6.3 per cent), and Filipino (5.6 per cent).

Comment

Looks like Cherry's right and those race-baiting retards who heard a "dog whistle" are, as always, wrong

Comment

“You people love — that come here, whatever it is — you love our way of life, you love our milk and honey. At least you could pay a couple of bucks for a poppy. These guys paid for your way of life, the life you enjoy in Canada. These guys paid the biggest price.”

Obviously racist - just look at those offensive words - dog whistle!
                              and Ron McLean gave him a thumbs up at the end because it was not racist .

Comment

Working...
                              X