LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
And he was one of *moderates* ....

They all need to be voted out.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
As the suburbs and exurbs start to go blue and republican-leaning moderates flee the party, those moderate republicans in blue and purple states are increasingly at risk.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
That may be so, but destroying what's left of the party of Reagan is not a good thing.
Please. Reagan was a rank racist. It's the party of LINCOLN. And President Trump is trying to rescue it from extinction. The NRA is the only reason they're still a going concern at this point, and as I'm sure you've seen, Bernie Sanders just made a definitive statement that he believed Beto's confiscation /mandatory buyback idea is Unconstitutional, if not immoral.

The Democrats are beginning to get wise about guns. They can have it all, they can rule the world, if they start treating the human right to bear arms with the honor and respect that it deserves, and repent of their contempt for it. Sanders is leading the way. Once Democrats surrender in their war on the right, they will never again be this close to the European style gun control that so many of them ideologically prefer, but I am optimistic that their lust for power will get the better of them, and they will inevitably follow Bernie's lead, and start showing the right the deep respect that it deserves.

Idolater

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
I don't know if you "get" Twitter but here's a link to a video of him saying so, start it at 0:38 to hear him apparently in his own words.

I knew of the Democrat bunch, before seeing this, that he was the least offensive wrt the right to bear arms, and this just confirms my impression is correct. I'm glad he made it explicit.

https://twitter.com/tomselliott/status/1193863176091308033

I wonder how much this will hurt him with the SJW crowd - it was my impression that they were pretty much all on board with Beto's suggestions

Idolater

I wonder how much this will hurt him with the SJW crowd - it was my impression that they were pretty much all on board with Beto's suggestions
All the guy has to do is say "hey, I'm just obeying the law", which is what every right-to-bear-arms guy has been saying for years. The Second Amendment couldn't be clearer, when we take "well regulated militia" to be all those civilians who are good with, and who carry, weapons of war on our streets for all lawful purposes, which is a fair definition of a "minuteman" in the 1790s, and we take the right to bear arms as inalienable, and we take ourselves to be liberals. Liberals believe in rights. Even if people get killed. That's just liberal. It's good to see Sanders establishing himself as distinctly liberal, compared to all the others in the field right now, who are Neomarxists.

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Every Republican in Congress who quits is another example of Trump draining the swamp.
The more moderates that go out the door, the greater the move towards poetical gridlock based on the inability to reach compromises on America's pressing problems!

Why should Americans trust this President to "drain the swamp" when he is unwilling to lead by example by releasing his income tax returns?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The more moderates that go out the door, the greater the move towards poetical gridlock based on the inability to reach compromises on America's pressing problems!

Rep. King is yet another wishy-washy, moderate Republican who is so "moderate" that he lacks the spine to stand up to Trump! So, who needs him? Good riddance, I say!

jgarden

BANNED
Banned
Rep. King is yet another wishy-washy, moderate Republican who is so "moderate" that he lacks the spine to stand up to Trump! So, who needs him? Good riddance, I say!
When members of the House are up for re=election every 2 years, representatives are constantly in re-election mode, forced to raise money just to remain competitive!

That makes them particularly vulnerable to the influence of lobbyists and avoiding the prospect of challengers in the primaries - money alone doesn't guarantee a victory but its difficult to remain competitive without it!

Refusing to stand up to the consensus worst president in American history is a character flaw in many Republican politicians but the political system also conspires to keep members of Congress dependent on the leadership for survival!

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
When members of the House are up for re=election every 2 years, representatives are constantly in re-election mode, forced to raise money just to remain competitive!

The Dems will undoubtedly pick up quite a number of these abandoned Republican seats! Good for them, bad for Trumpnuts!

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Please. Reagan was a rank racist.

Reagan was a product of his times. He was young in WWII, and racism was an acceptable outlook then. But it was never an ideological thing with him. His daughter, Patti Davis, is a far leftist, and she criticized her father for his attitudes while arguing that he taught her to avoid racism.
"The Ronald Reagan who raised me would want forgiveness for his 'monkeys' remark"

It's the party of LINCOLN.

Not any more. Overt hostility to religious and racial minorities is almost a requirement for a GOP candidate, these days.

And President Trump is trying to rescue it from extinction. The NRA is the only reason they're still a going concern at this point, and as I'm sure you've seen, Bernie Sanders just made a definitive statement that he believed Beto's confiscation /mandatory buyback idea is Unconstitutional, if not immoral.

Beto pretty much buried himself with that one. In spite of the NRA's sellout to become an arm of the RNC, no democrat candidate for president has failed to endorse the 2nd Amendment.

The Democrats are beginning to get wise about guns.

Yes. Which is why Beto crashed and burned. Now if they'll just get right about abortion, I could vote for many of them.

They can have it all, they can rule the world, if they start treating the human right to bear arms with the honor and respect that it deserves, and repent of their contempt for it. Sanders is leading the way.

It would be a good start. And more importantly, it would effectively undermine the polarization that's killing America.