Addressing ACW/ASC's *Selective Morality* ...

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
Answer this question first:

Why do you equate homosexuality with things that can be harmful yet aren't inherently immoral?

I don't. Promiscuity can be harmful. I don't defend promiscuity. I just realize that promiscuity is something that is practiced by both groups. Not all ... but some.

Yet homosexual acts can be just as harmful if practiced with one partner or one hundred.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Yet homosexual acts can be just as harmful if practiced with one partner or one hundred.

That is *your* claim which goes against facts.

Here is the fact: Two disease-free monogamous homosexuals do not pose a risk to one another insofar as giving their partner a sexually transmitted disease.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
That is *your* claim which goes against facts.

Here is the fact: Two disease-free monogamous homosexuals do not pose a risk to one another insofar as giving their partner a sexually transmitted disease.

Take it up with the FDA.

"The US Food and Drug Administration said Tuesday it will move to ease a lifetime ban on blood donations from homosexual men, allowing them to give after a year of abstaining from sexual activity."
http://news.yahoo.com/us-lift-lifet...vbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVklQNjIwXzEEc2VjA3Ny

Gosh, if there were only someone on TOL who would admit that they're a disease free sodomite, then we'd know for certain that you're right Sandy (because sodomites never lie).

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Take it up with the FDA.

"The US Food and Drug Administration said Tuesday it will move to ease a lifetime ban on blood donations from homosexual men, allowing them to give after a year of abstaining from sexual activity."
http://news.yahoo.com/us-lift-lifet...vbG8DZ3ExBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDVklQNjIwXzEEc2VjA3Ny

Gosh, if there were only someone on TOL who would admit that they're a disease free sodomite, then we'd know for certain that you're right Sandy (because sodomites never lie).

Oh ... it's too bad you are unwilling to concede my point. All I stated is that two disease free, monogamous individuals (regardless of sexuality) cannot give one another a sexually transmitted disease.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Oh ... it's too bad you are unwilling to concede my point. All I stated is that two disease free, monogamous individuals (regardless of sexuality) cannot give one another a sexually transmitted disease.

You really should study up on the behavior that you so adamantly defend Sandy, cuz the act of homosexuality creates disease.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You really should study up on the behavior that you so adamantly defend Sandy, cuz the act of homosexuality creates disease.

You should really study up on being honesty. I spoke specifically of sexually transmitted diseases. One partner has to have a disease to spread it. Two disease free MONOGAMOUS individuals have no disease to spread.

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by aCultureWarrior
No, you're not an expert on this subject. Perhaps you should stick to topics that you know about?
I do know something about the topic. I know they are very hostile to all Judo-Christian thought, at least the ones I had interviewed, and far more-so than than most street thugs and dope dealers, even gang members are far less resistant to Christian teachings.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
You should really study up on being honesty. I spoke specifically of sexually transmitted diseases. One partner has to have a disease to spread it. Two disease free MONOGAMOUS individuals have no disease to spread.

Take it up with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).

"All gay and bisexual men should be tested at least annually for common STDs.

The only way to know your STD status is to get tested (you can search for a testing site). Having an STD (like gonorrhea) makes it easier to get HIV, so it's important to get tested to protect your health and the health of your partner. CDC recommends sexually active gay and bisexual men test for:
•HIV;
•Syphilis;
•Hepatitis B;
•Hepatitis C among gay men born from 1945 to 1965 or with risk behaviors;
•Chlamydia and gonorrhea of the rectum if you’ve had receptive anal sex, or been a “bottom” in the past year;
•Chlamydia and gonorrhea of the penis (urethra) if you have had insertive anal or oral sex in the past year;
•Gonorrhea of the throat if you’ve performed oral sex (i.e., your mouth on your partner’s penis, vagina, or anus) in the past year;
•And sometimes your health care provider may suggest a herpes blood test.

Gay and bisexual men who have multiple or anonymous partners should be screened more frequently for STDs (i.e., at 3-to-6 month intervals). Your healthcare provider can offer you the best care if you discuss your sexual history openly. You should have a provider you are comfortable with. CDC's Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual and Transgender Health Services page will help you find health services that are gay-friendly.

How can I prevent STDs?

For anyone, choosing to be sexually active means you are at risk for STDs. However, there are many things you can do to protect your health. You can learn about how STDs are spread and how you can reduce your risk of getting infected.

Get Vaccinated: Gay, bisexual and other MSM are at greater risk for hepatitis A, hepatitis B, and the human papillomavirus (HPV). For this reason, CDC recommends that you be vaccinated against hepatitis A and hepatitis B. The human papillomavirus (HPV) vaccine is also recommended for men up to age 26.

Be Safer: Getting tested regularly and getting vaccinated are both important, but there are other things you can do to reduce your risk for STDs.
•Get to know someone before having sex with them and talk honestly about STDs and getting tested—before you have sex.
•Use a condom correctly and use one every time you have sex.
•Think twice about mixing alcohol and/or recreational drugs with sex. They can reduce your ability to make good decisions and can lead to risky behavior—like having sex without a condom.
•Limit your number of partners. You can lower your risk for STDs if you only have sex with one person who only has sex with you."

http://www.cdc.gov/msmhealth/STD.htm

Lower your risk, not totally absolve the risk.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
I do know something about the topic. I know they are very hostile to all Judo-Christian thought, at least the ones I had interviewed, and far more-so than than most street thugs and dope dealers, even gang members are far less resistant to Christian teachings.

Amen to that.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Take it up with the Centers for Disease Control (CDC).

No where in your long drawn out post did it say that two, disease free homosexuals transmit HIV to one another.

Here's a hint: One has to HAVE the disease.

From the CDC:

http://www.cdc.gov/hiv/basics/transmission.html

In the United States, HIV is spread mainly by having sex or sharing injection drug equipment such as needles with someone who has HIV

Rusha said:
Two disease-free monogamous homosexuals do not pose a risk to one another insofar as giving their partner a sexually transmitted disease.

The CDC agrees with me.

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
No where in your long drawn out post did it say that two, disease free homosexuals transmit HIV to one another.

You were originally talking about STD's in general Sandy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rusha

But since you want to talk about HIV/AIDS now Sandy, let's talk about it:

HIV has always been more common among gay men, but Beyrer and his colleagues say the traditional risk factors may not entirely explain the surge in many cases. Traditionally, HIV experts have pointed to high-risk behaviors such as unprotected sex, having multiple partners, injection drug use and drug use in general for making gay men more vulnerable to infection. But there may be biological reasons for the enhanced risk as well. For example, there is an 18 times greater risk of HIV transmission through anal sex than through vaginal sex, which may explain why the virus continues to thrive in gay men, despite the fact that they still receive the bulk of HIV awareness and treatment public-health messages.
http://healthland.time.com/2012/07/20/hiv-continues-to-spread-among-gay-men-studies-show/

Ktoyou

Hall of Fame
T
•Hepatitis C among gay men born from 1945 to 1965 or with risk behaviors;

This bothered me having Hep C, and not over gays, rather over IV drug users. I was in several groups and asked to leave because I was so hostile to the IV users. I blamed them for the tainted blood I received.

Now I would not do that and yet that goes against my thinking, so it is a work of Grace, and this is a testimony. Had God not changed me, I would still be right-wing but not such an intolerant person.

It may be different for anyone else saved, but this hit me like it came to humble me, and that seems what I needed.

Has anyone's mind been changed with the numerous threads on homosexuality? We know God's position on the subject isn't that enough? Lot lived, worked and raised a family in Sodom. In his dealings he must have run across and had business dealings with homosexuals. Yet God called Lot a righteous man. Even in the midst of sin, righteousness can flourish.

We all face various forms of temptation. But he who relies upon the Lord for his guidance, he can withstand the temptations of this world. Some seem too eager to give in and look for worldly justification.

Kdall

BANNED
Banned
You do realize that imbibing in alcohol (responsibly) and using tobacco products are not immoral as seen through the Eyes of God don't you Sandy?

Am I to understand that you have no inborn sense of morality, and that all of your morals are purely based on the Bible?

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Am I to understand that you have no inborn sense of morality, and that all of your morals are purely based on the Bible?

He *pretends* to not understand that his arguments against homosexuality are solely religious. He isn't even willing to concede that two, monogamous disease-free individuals cannot give one another a disease.

His pretending that behaviors/choices/habits such as smoking and alcohol are not dangerous is rather telling. Especially since they are done without the consent of those around them.

Example: The connection of SIDS to secondhand smoke. DUI's and alcohol violence and blackouts.