The 2019 NFL Season is Finally Here!

Jerry Shugart

Very interesting take Jerry. I'm surprised at the six-and-a-half point spread, it feels more like three-and-a-half would be right for this one. So I guess I'm saying I don't think the Pats cover. But of course they still might, and I wouldn't be surprised if Dallas wins outright either. The Pats are vulnerable right now, as I've been saying. Good luck Jerry!

I don't think luck will be enough because Belichick and his staff will simply out coach Garrett and his staff. Belichick by himself is worth at least seven points. As you can see, I have lost all confidence in Jason Garrett.

Jerry Shugart

The Dallas coaching staff has already cost the team 7 points because of the blocked field goal. The Special Teams coaching for the Cowboys this year has been terrible. Dallas will find ways to lose this game because they have done it all season long.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
the Cowboys haven’t beaten the Patriots since 1996 … nearly a quarter of a century.

The Cowboys haven't been to a Super Bowl since January 1996.......nearly a quarter of a century.

The Cowboys haven't been to an NFC Championship game since 1996....nearly a quarter of a century.

Your Cowboys have been irrelevant since 1996

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Look at the bright side Jerry........your Cowboys host the Bills on Thanksgiving Day........Your Boys own the Bills......I'm sure CBS will show some highlights from Super Bowl 27 & 28 during the game, which will bring back good memories for you.

Jerry Shugart

The Cowboys haven't been to a Super Bowl since January 1996.......nearly a quarter of a century.

The Cowboys haven't been to an NFC Championship game since 1996....nearly a quarter of a century.

Your Cowboys have been irrelevant since 1996

The Steelers went 39 years without winning even one playoff game.

The name of the game is "winning," and Dallas has the highest winning percentage in the NFL. The Steelers are not even in the top ten!

The Berean

Wow, I wasn't expecting the 49ers to crush the Packers 37-8. Impressive win for sure. Now, the 49ers are off to Baltimore to play the Ravens. This will be a tough game for sure.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Wow, I wasn't expecting the 49ers to crush the Packers 37-8. Impressive win for sure. Now, the 49ers are off to Baltimore to play the Ravens. This will be a tough game for sure.
imo, the toughest. Those guys are the legit #1 in the league right now.

Signed,
A Pats fan

Jerry Shugart

No Wonder Why the Patriots Never Lose at Home!

The NFL reviewed the tape, and determined DeMarcus Lawrence was right. While the NFL didn’t use as colorful terms as Lawrence, the league agreed that the phantom tripping call that doomed the Dallas Cowboys against the New England Patriots on Sunday should not have been called, according to Jon Machota of The Athletic.

The penalty occurred with just under 2 minutes to play. The Cowboys were trailing 13-9, and were trying to mount a last-minute game-winning touchdown drive. Dallas managed to convert a huge 3rd and 1 on their own 35-yard line, but the play was called back due to a tripping penalty.

The Cowboys couldn’t convert on the next two plays, turning the ball over to the Patriots. New England was able to run the clock down to just 1 second. Dallas couldn’t score on its final play, giving the Patriots the win.

Following the contest, Lawrence went off on the refs, saying the call was “bulls---.”

It wasn’t the only tripping penalty called against the Cowboys during the contest. With 3:01 left in the first quarter, the Cowboys were called for tripping. A few plays later, the Patriots blocked a punt, setting up the team’s only touchdown of the game.

Upon review, the NFL informed the Cowboys that the tripping penalty should not have been called either.

At 6-5, the Cowboys still lead the NFC East. But the loss still could have a major impact on the team the rest of the way. The Philadelphia Eagles sit just a game back, and the two teams still have to play each other one more time.

The phantom tripping penalties may not have destroyed the Cowboys’ playoff chances, but the remainder of the regular season is going to be much more stressful because of those calls.

beloved57

My Falcons, very inconsistent ! Now they beat the better division opponents impressively on the road, and then turn around and get beat at Home by the lesser division opponent !

Jerry Shugart

Yes, the Falcons are very inconsistent, indeed!

My team, the Cowboys, are very consistent when playing a team with a winning record because they lose against those teams every time.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER

Your 49'ers are 10-1, and your Warriors are 3-15

Reminds me of when the Doc was telling Marty McFly about an alternate universe......lol

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
That means you have had a lot of Thanksgiving Day dinners which didn't taste too good because their record on that day is 29–18–1.

The Cowboys are 12-12 on Thanksgiving Day since 1995.

Which sums up how they have been since then......IRRELEVANT.

The Berean

Your 49'ers are 10-1, and your Warriors are 3-15

Reminds me of when the Doc was telling Marty McFly about an alternate universe......lol

Crazy bizarro universe! But in the Warrior's defense they are playing nothing buy young guys right now. Nine of their players are 23 years old or younger. As the veterans return from injury the W's will player better. I'm ok with that. This season is basically an extended tryout for the young guys. Some of the young guys are starting to establish themselves.

The Berean

With 3:41 left in the third quarter the 49ers have tied the game vs the Ravens at 17 all, I'm nervously crossing my fingers. Whatever the outcome there will be no Patriots type route today.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
With 3:41 left in the third quarter the 49ers have tied the game vs the Ravens at 17 all, I'm nervously crossing my fingers. Whatever the outcome there will be no Patriots type route today.
Given that Baltimore is looking like the toughest team in the league right now, this was a defining game imo for SF (in Baltimore). They lost the game but showed that they can hold their own with them, so if (not trying to jinx you) they wind up facing each other in the championship, you know that they've got a puncher's chance. Congrats and good luck the rest of the way.

JPPT1974

Baltimore could come and would be the only team to get rid of Tom Brady and in the Super Bowl run with young Lamar Jackson on the rise.