The 2019 NFL Season is Finally Here!

Jerry Shugart

Let the young man help the way Teddy is in New Orleans.

Speaking of the Saints here is the early line for the game next Sunday night:

Dallas -2.5
At New Orleans

That's a tough call for me, especially considering how Teddy and the Saints manhandled the Seahawks IN SEATTLE! It's for sure that the Boys haven't yet played a team as good as the Saints, and to make it worse the game will be in New Orleans!

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Speaking of the Saints here is the early line for the game next Sunday night:

Dallas -2.5
At New Orleans

That's a tough call for me, especially considering how Teddy and the Saints manhandled the Seahawks IN SEATTLE! It's for sure that the Boys haven't yet played a team as good as the Saints, and to make it worse the game will be in New Orleans!
Some tough lines this week. If I was spending money I couldn't afford to lose I'd stay away from the following:

Ten @ Atl (4.5)
KC (6.5) @ Det
Min @ Chi (2.5)
Jac @ Den (3.5)
Dal (2.5) @ NO

My gut, without looking at anything, would be Atl, Det, Min, Jac, and Dal...but the Saints at home...I'm going to have to think about all of those.

Jerry Shugart

Dallas -2.5
At New Orleans

After studying the New Orleans win against the Seahawks last week I have decided that Dallas will win Sunday night's game against the Saints by more than two and one half points.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Dallas -2.5
At New Orleans

After studying the New Orleans win against the Seahawks last week I have decided that Dallas will win Sunday night's game against the Saints by more than two and one half points.
Haven't pulled the trigger on it, but it feels like a potential Dallas trap game.

Tonight I like the Pack to hold off a desperate Philly squad. Green Bay is home and favored by 4.5

Jerry Shugart

Haven't pulled the trigger on it, but it feels like a potential Dallas trap game.

Tonight I like the Pack to hold off a desperate Philly squad. Green Bay is home and favored by 4.5

Green Bay should be favored by 4.5. The Eagles stink without their top receivers. I agree with you so you should be worried, especially considering my track record!

In thegame on Sunday night I don't think that the Saints can score as many points as the Cowboys will.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Like I said, you should be worried about your prediction about the Eagles/Packers game.
Meh. It took an off game by Rodgers and his defense. That Eagles secondary should have been carved up. He's not looking comfortable yet, AND you have to run (even a qb sneak) when you're one yard from tying a game.

No, seven and change out of ten times I'm right on this game. But not last night. :)

I went back and ran the math. The likeliest score was Philly 24, Green Bay 30.

Jerry Shugart

The likeliest score was Philly 24, Green Bay 30.

Time is running out on your picks for tomorrow and am curious which way you are going on the Cowboys/Saints game.

On defense the Boys will stack the box and force Teddy to throw the long pass. If he isn't up to it the Boys win going away. Is Teddy up to the challenge?

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Time is running out on your picks for tomorrow and am curious which way you are going on the Cowboys/Saints game.

On defense the Boys will stack the box and force Teddy to throw the long pass. If he isn't up to it the Boys win going away. Is Teddy up to the challenge?
Cowboys/Saints? I have it a near dead heat, with Dallas squeaking past. So I went with the Saints at home.

Couldn't get free long enough to post them, but I made all the picks for ESPN. I see you like the Pats. That one looks right at the margin for me, so I'm with NE. Watch it be a fg game. :chuckle:

I like Bal (6.5) over Cle,
Ten over Atl (4.5),
KC (6.5) over Det,
Indy (6.5) over Oak,
Mia over the Chargers (16.5),
the Giants (3.5) over Was,
Hou (4.5) over Car,
Rams (9.5) over TB,
Arz over Sea (4.5) my stretch,
Min over Chic (2.50) in a squeaker,
Jac over Den (3.5),
NO over Dal (2.5),
Pit (4.50, over Cin.

Hopefully we can talk over next week's games a bit earlier. :plain:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
You might want to study harder next time.
In fairness, it's a crazy year and if feels like half the teams on any given week are playing backups...that said, I bet the right horse in New Orleans.

About week 8 I'm going to start back using math again, though with all the injuries and oddities going on I'm not sure that would have helped me much last week.

Jerry Shugart

You might want to study harder next time.

Yes, next time I will but I cannot understand for the best of me why the Boys continued to try to run Zeke up the middle since the Saints were intent on stopping him there. Zeke ended with about two yards a carry so the Boys continued to waste a play by running Zeke up the middle on every series.

But I was very encouraged by the play of right defensive end Robert Quinn and the fact that an improving defense didn't allow the Saints to score a touchdown. The defense kept the Boys in the game but fumbles by Zeke and Witten doomed their chances to win. But next week Michael Gallup, who was the Boy's leading receiver when he was hurt, might return.

At Dallas -3.5
Green Bay

The Boys are going to run through the Packer's defensive line like it was butter. The Boys will smear the Packers and it won't even be close.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The Boys will smear the Packers and it won't even be close.

You better hope so, or there will be panic in Big D.

Just remember, Aaron Rodgers has the highest QB rating of all time. Sooooooo I would suggest using the word "smear" lightly.

If your Boys win, then it's a two team race in the NFC, between Dallas and New Orleans.(maybe LA)

The AFC is over, it's either KC or New England, no one else in the AFC is even close.

beloved57

My Boys just cant get it right. There's a lot of talent on offense and yet we have problems staying on the field to score.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
So, tonight we have an interesting game.

Rams @ Sea
(1.5)

Right now, the money is 57/43 against Seattle covering that line. It's starting to feel like a need to win for the Rams, but can they? :think: I'm looking for them to have a better offensive rhythm, but I like the Hawks to take the win.

Anyway, so I'm up and down guessing the line without math, but calling it from my gut straight up and down?

Week 1: 11-4-1
Week 2: 10-6
Week 3: 14-2
Week 4: 10-5