The idea of 'Climate Change' and 'Global Warming'

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
I just got my roof done from the damage done by Hurricane Irma as no roofers could come till now, and a lot of them are going up to Panama City area to start rebuilding the houses and roofs over there. So I was checking to see if what my gut feeling that this is part of the end time signs as the storms get bigger and stronger, Irma was over 400 miles wide compared to the 50 mile wide hurricanes we get, and I found the following...

"Already, there is evidence that the winds of some storms may be changing. A study based on more than two decades of satellite altimeter data (measuring sea surface height) showed that hurricanes intensify significantly faster now than they did 25 years ago. Specifically, researchers found that storms attain Category 3 wind speeds nearly nine hours faster than they did in the 1980s. Another satellite-based study found that global wind speeds had increased by an average of 5 percent over the past two decades.

There is also evidence that extra water vapor in the atmosphere is making storms wetter. During the past 25 years, satellites have measured a 4 percent rise in water vapor in the air column. In ground-based records, about 76 percent of weather stations in the United States have seen increases in extreme precipitation since 1948. One analysis found that extreme downpours are happening 30 percent more often. Another study found that the largest storms now produce 10 percent more precipitation."

https://earthobservatory.nasa.gov/Features/ClimateStorms/page2.php

I believe the idea of Climate Change (or Global Warming) is not just for political reasons but subtly has become a distraction from the end time signs...

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
You can tell when Barbarian is flustered; he starts umming.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You can tell when Barbarian is flustered; he starts umming.
You noticed that too?

Shhh. He gets really upset if you talk about it to much.

So that's why he's always furious

the_jungle_book-hero.png__1264x568_q85_crop_subsampling-2.jpg

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I am really worried about climate change

Well, we aren't all going to die. Some people are, over stronger storms, droughts, etc. On the other hand, there will be winners and losers. Because rising temps have interfered with dry winds moving out of Asian highlands into northern Africa, it's less arid now.

The Sahara is retreating, and the Sahel is greener. On the other hand, the American West is getting drier and warmer.

Things will change. Historically, climate changes bring on upheavals in societies, migrations, and warfare. But maybe not this time. Technology may still blunt the worst of it.

At least, I hope so.

Hobie

BANNED
Banned
It would be ironic if we ended up bringing those times on by our own foolishness, um?

The thing is that is our future, there is no way around it, nobody is going to stop living the way they do or give their fast and furious $52,000 Mustang or $57,000 F150 Monster truck, and walk or bicycle to work. Just aint going to happen.........:luigi:

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
The thing is that is our future, there is no way around it, nobody is going to stop living the way they do or give their fast and furious $52,000 Mustang or $57,000 F150 Monster truck, and walk or bicycle to work. Just aint going to happen.........:luigi:

or give up central heating in the winter and central air in the summer

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

I can remember the first oil shock, when Arab countries stopped shipments to the U.S. Gasoline prices shot up, long lines at the pumps, etc.

And people started carpooling, honking and shouting at people going over 55, and so on. In a genuine crisis, we still pull together. Hope we never lose that.

Morkone

Climate is really changing. Yesterday saw weather report and was surprised. In the south of Spain it is +47C and in Moscow in the middle of summer it is +13C... how is it even possible?! My friend who is from Russia decided to buy property in Athens as he is tired of living in a cold country and now it is even cold during summer.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
And it's official:

July 2019 has replaced July 2016 as the hottest month on record, with meteorologists saying that global temperatures marginally exceeded the previous record.
The European Union's Copernicus Climate Change Programme, which analyzes temperature data from around the planet, said that July was around 0.56 °C warmer than the global average temperature between 1981-2010.
That's slightly hotter than July 2016, when the world was in the throes of one of the strongest El Niño events on record.

El Niño events are characterized by warming of the ocean waters in the Pacific Ocean and have a pronounced warming effect on the Earth's average temperature.
Though there was a weak El Niño in place during the first part of 2019, it is transitioning to a more neutral phase, making the extreme July temperatures even more alarming.

https://www.cnn.com/2019/08/05/world/hottest-july-on-record-climate-sci-intl/index.html

If things continue as they are this year, the last five years will be the hottest five years of global temperatures on record.

There are always variations. Here's how it looked globally in July:
20150820_063552_SJM-WARMING-0821-90-01.jpg