Derailment thread for any and all derailments

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
@chrysostom
But why do away with groups altogether? What good does Peterson see in that?
Where did that come from?
No one is suggesting you can or should do away with groups.
What is being suggested that you not primarily identify with them except maybe your family. Your first obligation is to yourself so you can better take care of your family which should be the most important group.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Where did that come from?
No one is suggesting you can or should do away with groups.
What is being suggested that you not primarily identify with them except maybe your family. Your first obligation is to yourself so you can better take care of your family which should be the most important group.

From this, among others.

an individualist is
A Free Person
who thinks about the issues and is able to prioritize. You come first. Your family second. If you don't take care of yourself, you can't take care of your family. Set yourself free from all the groups you identify with. You can't help them and they can only distract you from what is really important to you. You can't save the world but you can make a difference in your part of it.
Home

You post that, then you give me grief for no longer being a Republican. You're not being consistent, I set myself free from the GOP so you should be congratulating me.

Other than life-threatening situations involving things like oxygen masks, what kind of a parent says "I come first."

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
He's even worse than I thought.

peterson.png

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
He's even worse than I thought.

peterson.png
The one guy seems to think he's okay... :plain:

And then again, he did say, “I don't think that you have any insight whatsoever into your capacity for good until you have some well-developed insight into your capacity for evil.”

So maybe it's research. :poly:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
The one guy seems to think he's okay... :plain:

And then again, he did say, “I don't think that you have any insight whatsoever into your capacity for good until you have some well-developed insight into your capacity for evil.”

So maybe it's research. :poly:

chrys wanted me to listen to him, but I can hardly get through five minutes listening to his dreck - seriously, there's a 5 min. video of him finding every which way to avoid saying he doesn't believe in the Christian God - "What is the meaning of believe? What do you mean by divine? What do you mean by Christ?"

I speeded it up 1.5 and that helped a little. :chuckle:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
chrys wanted me to listen to him, but I can hardly get through five minutes listening to his dreck - seriously, there's a 5 min. video of him finding every which way to avoid saying he doesn't believe in the Christian God - "What is the meaning of believe? What do you mean by divine? What do you mean by Christ?"

I speeded it up 1.5 and that helped a little. :chuckle:
Only our long standing friendship keeps me from being angry over the minutes I just wasted. :)

Favorite bits from it... "I act as if God exists."

When I was a kid we called that pretending.

"Did [Christ's] body resurrect? I don't know," should reasonably end any speculation about whether or not he's a Christian. That or he's really horrible at it.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go listen to a spirit...by which I mean, of course, Kind of Blue, by Miles Davis.