Derailment thread for any and all derailments

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
you were catholic and republican and it seems you have rejected both
Seems is the word you ought to pay more attention to and question. I know she is finding her way through the challenges of faith and life, a thing most honest people do at various points in their walk. When someone is doing that we should be encouraging and supportive. If we can't manage that we should be silent and trust God, the only good judge among us.

your 'america beautiful' was awful
Not everything resonates the same with everyone. When you start confusing your tastes with taste itself it's time to do one of three things: run for Congress or the presidency; write copy for Fox and Friends; or, you could reevaluate why you feel the need to judge it.

so I asked if you don't like it
you didn't answer
Why should she pretend that an insult with funny punctuation is an actual question?

so my assuming the worst is reasonable
No, it was simply assumptive, rooted in an offense that you created for yourself and in yourself.

I know you can answer all of this, anna, but this was just a troll too far for me.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It was a dumb question, chrys. Dumb because you really do know better. You just always want to get in that dig.
You can learn a lot about people by where you find them and what they're up to, anna. :cheers:

Here's a joke for you.

Why hasn't Trump ever finished a novel?

Because he always gets stuck in chapter eleven.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Well I did give you a chance to clear it all up and now we know that you love our country.

You're taking credit for fixing the problem you created?

What Jordan Peterson rule does that fall under?

I hope I didn't derail the thread

Is it possible to derail a thread for any and all derailments? Can you derail a thread made for derailing threads by not derailing it? I don't see how, since if you don't derail a thread meant for derailments, it would be a derailment, but then it would also be on the topic of derailments.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

Is it possible to derail a thread for any and all derailments? Can you derail a thread made for derailing threads by not derailing it? I don't see how, since if you don't derail a thread meant for derailments, it would be a derailment, but then it would also be on the topic of derailments.

WTG, Anna. You are derailing the derailment thread. Reported.

:D

chrysostom

Hall of Fame

That's four questions but the only one that needs to be addressed is the Jordan Peterson one. He must be a problem for you. He shouldn't be. He just wants you to see yourself as an individual and not as a member of a group. That alone will improve your life.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
He just wants you to see yourself as an individual and not as a member of a group.

How are you a Catholic and not part of a group?

Republican and not part of a group?

Family, a group.

Country, a group.

The list is endless. It's human nature to be in groups, even if you're inclined to a solitary state of mind or being and you're happy that way.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
How are you a Catholic and not part of a group?

Republican and not part of a group?

Family, a group.

Country, a group.

The list is endless. It's human nature to be in groups, even if you're inclined to a solitary state of mind or being and you're happy that way.
@chrysostom

I saw this after I posted to you. It's incredibly moving.

Dallas airport passengers silently salute the return of a fallen hero

...Then came the announcement over the P.A. system. A gate agent, his voice cracking, told us about the very special arrival we were about to witness.

Our inbound plane from Oakland was carrying the remains of an American airman, Col. Roy Knight Jr., who was shot down in combat during the Vietnam war in 1967.
The agent took a long pause, as he seemed to collect his words.

“Col. Knight ejected from his aircraft, but no parachute was seen deploying,” he explained. “A search was undertaken but could not find him.”
The agent again, took a long pause, before explaining that recently, his remains were discovered and identified and returned to the United States.

“Today, Col. Knight is coming home to Dallas,” said the agent, growing more emotional as continued explaining what we were about to witness.

At that point, we were told that before deploying, Col. Knight had said farewell to his family at this very airport. He waved goodbye to his five-year-old son. It would be the last time he would see any of them.

By this point in the story, the terminal had fallen silent.

T.S.A. agents stood solemnly in a line near the gate. The gate agent held the microphone in his hands, taking a long pause and a deep breath. He struggled to say what came next: “Today the pilot of the plane bringing Col. Knight home, is his son.”

There were quiet gasps. A few people burst into tears...

Airports rarely see moments of quiet — but for a few brief minutes, Dallas Love Field fell absolutely silent.

There were no garbled announcements, no clickity-clack of rolling suitcases over the tile floor, no shouting over cell phones.

People stood quietly at the window, wiping away tears, taking in a moment few rarely get to see.

It was peaceful, it was beautiful and it was a privilege to watch.

EBddxdUWsAAxLsq.jpg
EBdeOCvXYAEhvdn.jpg:large
EBdehv2XsAAbcc1.jpg:large
EBdfzNhXoAAW3V-.jpg

The video is here:

https://globalnews.ca/video/rd/1583865923639/

These are groups, chrys. The son bringing the father home, after 52 years. The military guard to receive him, his fellow citizens to honor him.

We instinctively need groups, even if or when we don't want groups. And it's perfectly fine to be a solitary soul if that's what you want to be, but even a solitary soul has times when they feel the need to reach out and make sure someone's there, even if they keep things on their own terms. And that's okay.

I don't know why you think Peterson is telling you something good. Like pretty much everything the extremes will often get you, and no, you shouldn't subsume your personal identity or autonomy to a group. There's enough out there in the psychology of groups that you can research it if you want, or I could certainly pull out one of my texts (although they're all boxed up from a recent move, but I'd do it for you). But why do away with groups altogether? What good does Peterson see in that?