Dangerously Cold Record Low Temps

genuineoriginal

Does carbon dioxide absorb infrared radiation?

NASA Debunks Global Warming Theory

NASA has known since 1971 that a runaway greenhouse effect is impossible.
Screen-Shot-2017-03-31-at-10.17.11-AM-down.gif

And the US government has understood that global warming theory is nonsense, since the year Bernie Sanders was born.
Screen-Shot-2017-03-31-at-10.14.20-AM-down.gif

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned

CO2 Forgetting To Trap Heat In The Arctic

Last year, temperatures were not as cold as they usually are near the North Pole. This was blamed on CO2 trapping heat.

This year, temperatures are very cold near the North Pole. Apparently CO2 is getting lazy with its heat trapping capabilities.

CO2 appears to be a very fickle gas.

Doesn't seem so. Last year was one of the top five hottest years on record.
https://data.giss.nasa.gov/gistemp/tabledata_v3/GLB.Ts+dSST.txt

Someone's playing you again.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Local temperatures can be measured and the unaltered historical data can be used to determine whether the local temperatures are changing.
There are no measurements for historical "global temperature" to use to determine whether the "global temperature" is changing.

The averages are based on local temperature readings. They lied to you, again.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
(genuineoriginal discovers that he was lied to about corrections to data)

noaa_temp_update1.png

The red is the data before the last correction. The black is after the last correction. Notice that they are almost identical, and both of them show what you want to deny.

No way to escape it.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
I just realized that genuineoriginal switched a United States temperature record for the world temperature record.

The man-made dust bowl led to higher temperatures in the United States, but it didn't affect the world temperatures very much.

I suspect he never noticed the switch, and was just passing on someone else's dishonesty.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I just realized that genuineoriginal switched a United States temperature record for the world temperature record.The man-made dust bowl led to higher temperatures in the United States, but it didn't affect the world temperatures very much.I suspect he never noticed the switch, and was just passing on someone else's dishonesty.

Nobody else noticed. Must be just you making things up again. Unless you're going to explain yourself.

:think:

:darwinsm:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
I just realized that genuineoriginal switched a United States temperature record for the world temperature record.

The man-made dust bowl led to higher temperatures in the United States, but it didn't affect the world temperatures very much.

I suspect he never noticed the switch, and was just passing on someone else's dishonesty.

Nobody else noticed. Must be just you making things up again. Unless you're going to explain yourself.

Look here:

The heating from the dust bowl didn't make much of an impact on global temperatures, however, which is why the guys who fed that graph to him presented it. He apparently never noticed the caption.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Barbarian observes:
But nobody is allowed to know what you saw...

But you won't explain your discovery. I guess you'll just have to pretend everyone knows what you're talking about.

I suspect your inner troll is dancing again.

Look here:
Great. Great help. :plain:

The heating from the dust bowl didn't make much of an impact on global temperatures, however, which is why the guys who fed that graph to him presented it. He apparently never noticed the caption.
He never noticed, but he's dishonest.

Nah. I think we'll stick with the "observation" that you are trolling again.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The chart, which "proved" that global wasrming was fudged:

NASA-US-1999-2017.gif

Notice, it's United States, not Global.

Barbarian suggests:

Stripe discovers that he can read minds:
He never noticed, but he's dishonest.

We'll just have to disagree on that one.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Well, it's from unexpected warm air over the North Atlantic. But weather isn't climate. We can say that disrupted polar vortices aregoing to be more common in the future, but we can't point to any one of them and say it was because of global warming.

Two natural climate phenomena known as the Arctic Oscillation (AO) and the North Atlantic Oscillation (NAO) can strongly influence U.S. and European winter weather. Both exhibit positive and negative states, which are usually in sync (below). Extensive losses of Arctic summer sea ice have altered the climate in ways that favor the development of negative AO and NAO conditions, leading to more severe winters. Positive AO and NAO states are characterized by a strong atmospheric high-pressure center (H) in the subtropics 1 and a strong low-pressure center (L) in the subarctic 2. The positive AO is also associated with a strong polar vortex 3, which constrains cold Arctic air to the north 4 and allows warm air from southern latitudes to reach far north into the U.S. and Europe. Under these conditions, the jet stream and the typical track of storms follow a northeastward path across the Atlantic, delivering warmth and moisture to northern Europe. Negative AO and NAO states are characterized by weaker atmospheric pressures in the subtropics 1 and the subarctic 2. The negative AO is also associated with a weakened polar vortex 3, which allows cold air to invade south across the U.S. and northern Europe 4. Under these conditions, the jet stream takes a more sinusoidal path, dipping south over the eastern U.S., cresting over the Atlantic Ocean near Greenland, then dipping again toward southern Europe. Storms tend to follow a more direct, eastward path across the Atlantic, bringing moisture to southern Europe.
https://www.scientificamerican.com/...c-oscillation-global-warming-melting-sea-ice/