Dangerously Cold Record Low Temps

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
It keeps getting colder
Winter-Average-Maximum-Temperature-Vs-Year-1918-2018-At-All-Midwest-USHCN-Stations-Red-Line-Is-5-Year-Mean-Average-Maximum-Temperature-vs-Year_shadow-1024x933.jpg

Global warming refers to the increase in global average temperatures. There is no assurance that temperatures everywhere will increase at the same rate, in fact the opposite is assured. Some parts of the world will change in temperature very little, others will change a lot. Some may even get colder.

But the average is going to go up in the long term. Currently 0.18°C/decade.

-- https://www.quora.com/Why-is-the-Antarctic-ice-sheet-growing

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
which are unmeasurable and must be estimated using "models"

To get a complete picture of Earth’s temperature, scientists combine measurements from the air above land and the ocean surface collected by ships, buoys and sometimes satellites, too.

The temperature at each land and ocean station is compared daily to what is ‘normal’ for that location and time, typically the long-term average over a 30-year period. The differences are called an ‘anomalies’ and they help scientists evaluate how temperature is changing over time.

A ‘positive’ anomaly means the temperature is warmer than the long-term average, a ‘negative’ anomaly means it’s cooler.

Daily anomalies are averaged together over a whole month. These are, in turn, used to work out temperature anomalies from season-to-season and year-to-year.

Read more at the source: https://www.carbonbrief.org/explainer-how-do-scientists-measure-global-temperature

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
... you can't point to a particular case and say "Aha! Global warming!"
But boy, does that not stop people from doing it anyway. Especially people looking for public money, or those with control issues looking to make new laws.
We could use some more global warming I mean climate change.
I don't mind warmer weather. idk about you, but I don't have a lush coat of fur, built into my genetics. I'm mostly bald. Warmer is better.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
But boy, does that not stop people from doing it anyway. Especially people looking for public money, or those with control issues looking to make new laws.

The fact of warming is apart from what, if anything, we can or should do about it. My personal expectation is that humans don't have the sense to do anything about it until it's too late to avoid some hard lessons.

I don't mind warmer weather.

In some places, it might actually get better. No the American west or the high plains, or the Gulf Coast,though.

idk about you, but I don't have a lush coat of fur, built into my genetics. I'm mostly bald. Warmer is better.

Like mosquitoes and insects? A lot of places, milder winters mean more biting things.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Barbarian observes:
But as I said, this can happen even without global temperatures going up. And has happened in the past when it was relatively cooler.

This polar vortex is from global warming.
And these are not the two droids you’re looking for.

These are:

images

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
If this global warming keeps going, we will end up in another ice age.

Interestingly, we are now in a solar minimum, with decreased sunspot activity. Last time we were in this situation, it was the medieval "little ice age." Instead of colder climate, the last five years have been the hottest on record.

So we can be grateful that the decreased solar activity is moderating the increase in temperatures somewhat. But as you learned, weather isn't climate, and we can't blame any particular polar vortex on global warming, even if we can expect more of them in the future.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Regulating carbon dioxide will have no effect on climate change, but will destroy the economies of the first world nations.

Exactly! Nations such as Germany, Sweden and Iceland have been switching to so-called low CO2 "renewable" energy sources and their economies have been absolutely devastated! If the USA follows suit, we will surely go down the tubes!