The UFO phenomenon

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Michael Schratt is a private pilot/military aerospace historian and has lectured across the country on the unique subject of “mystery aircraft”, and classified propulsion systems buried deep within the military industrial complex. In this lecture, he presents evidence which supports the claim that elements of the military industrial complex (specifically the American aerospace industry) have designed, built and test flown saucer shaped aircraft which mimic the form, fit and function of extraterrestrial UFOs:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFWza6LTMrY

Aimiel

Why do you object to the possibility of UFOs?
There is no life out there; although, if there is: Jesus died for them.

By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.

There's no mention of another sacrifice or anyone being excluded. Jesus died ONCE for ALL. :thumb:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
There is no life out there; although, if there is: Jesus died for them.

That's assuming that UFO's are from other planets and have physical life forms in them. That may not necessarily be the case (although I don't rule that out). They may be angelic craft or objects. For example, consider this evidence of Russian cosmonauts who saw angels outside of their space station back in the mid-1980s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLjQ033Ptk

And with that in mind, consider:

Daniel 4:17
This decision is the decree of the watchers, the verdict declared by the holy ones, so that the living will know that the Most High is ruler over the kingdom of mankind, and gives it to whom He wishes, setting over it the lowliest of men.'

There is apparently a class of angels called "watchers" whose job it is to observe and record events on Earth. Occasionally, they are allowed to make their presence known to select people on Earth.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
In this lecture, he presents evidence which supports the claim that elements of the military industrial complex (specifically the American aerospace industry) have designed, built and test flown saucer shaped aircraft which mimic the form, fit and function of extraterrestrial UFOs:

How does he know they're extraterrestrial?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
How does he know they're extraterrestrial?

That's more of an assumption I suppose. I didn't get the impression that he knows their point of origin for sure, but when a craft exhibits capabilities that are light-years beyond anything we are aware of with our current technological understanding, it might be a rather safe assumption.

Aimiel

That's assuming that UFO's are from other planets and have physical life forms in them. That may not necessarily be the case (although I don't rule that out). They may be angelic craft or objects. For example, consider this evidence of Russian cosmonauts who saw angels outside of their space station back in the mid-1980s: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzLjQ033Ptk

And with that in mind, consider:

Daniel 4:17
This decision is the decree of the watchers, the verdict declared by the holy ones, so that the living will know that the Most High is ruler over the kingdom of mankind, and gives it to whom He wishes, setting over it the lowliest of men.'

There is apparently a class of angels called "watchers" whose job it is to observe and record events on Earth. Occasionally, they are allowed to make their presence known to select people on Earth.
I don't doubt that angels have, do and will appear to men; I do, however, doubt that any should have been seen and mistaken for UFO's, as I believe that the only reason that they might reveal themselves to men would be to further faith, not alienate (pun intended) men's faith. I also believe that people are looking for the supernatural and looking in the wrong realm, quite often, when they look up. They're looking for little green men and I believe that Satan will be more than happy to accommodate them. I believe that there will be a supernatural 'wonder' to appear to be a real alien visitation that will cause men to fall into a trap. :alien:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
I don't doubt that angels have, do and will appear to men; I do, however, doubt that any should have been seen and mistaken for UFO's, as I believe that the only reason that they might reveal themselves to men would be to further faith, not alienate (pun intended) men's faith.

Men of faith have seen UFOs, for example:

Rev. William Gill UFO encounter

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KxLcDzkQJOo

In the Old Testament, angels sometimes appeared in flying "chariots" --

2 Kings 6:17
And Elisha prayed, and said, LORD, I pray thee, open his eyes, that he may see. And the LORD opened the eyes of the young man; and he saw: and, behold, the mountain was full of horses and chariots of fire round about Elisha.

Psalm 18:10; 2 Samuel 22:11,12
And he rode upon a cherub, and did fly: yea, he did fly upon the wings of the wind.

Back then, when men rode chariots, so did angels. These days, travel is a bit more sophisticated.

Aimiel

Again: each instance in Scripture was designed to spur faith, not fear. Those who have faith in little green men may one day have the desires of their heart. Only problem is: they're not going to be from above. :devil:

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
When you see something, what makes you decide to call it a "UFO", if you decide to call it that? And what makes you decide to not call it a "UFO", if you decide to not call it that?

Luis Elizondo, who was in charge of the Pentagon's Advanced Aerospace Threat Identification Program (AATIP) for a number of years, identified five characteristics common to UFOs. Those characteristics are:

1) Anti-gravity -- The ability of a craft to fly without any apparent means of propulsion or lift (e.g., propellers, wings, jet engines, exhaust plumes, etc).
2) Instantaneous Acceleration -- The ability of a craft to reach hypersonic speeds in mere seconds or less.
3) Hypersonic Velocity -- A craft's ability to reach speeds far in excess of 3,700 miles per hour (5 times the speed of sound) and without "signatures" such as vapor trails or sonic booms.
4) Low Observability -- The ability of a craft to conceal itself from or jam any kind of radar even when it is visible to the naked eye.
5) Trans-Medium Travel -- The ability of a craft to travel through outer space, inside Earth's atmosphere, and under water.

I would add an additional observable to that list:

6) Impossibly huge size (impossible for us, that is). These are comparatively rare, but some UFOs have been estimated to be as much as twice the size of an aircraft carrier or even larger. The UFO that I saw back in 1995 was at least that large, if not larger.

Added to all of the above is the fact that these objects have been witnessed by military and civilian observers since at least World War II. No earthbound civilization that I know of could have possessed such advanced technology that far back, or even today for that matter.

All of these characteristics mean that in my opinion, it is highly unlikely that these crafts are of human origin, and that is why I call them "UFOs."

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Here's my summary view on UFO's. I think they are either our own technology or of Satanic origin.

Regarding Satanic origin: Consider the event of the Rapture. Considering that most non-Christians know about the Rapture, there is no way the Antichrist will be able to get more than a small percentage of people to follow him because non-Christians are very aware of the Christian teaching that after the Rapture, the Antichrist will come on the scene. So Satan has to come up with a scheme to explain away the Rapture as a non-biblical event. Enter mass-abduction via UFOs. (And also enter the History Channels' "the human race was seeded by space aliens" theory being shoved down our throats incessantly).

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
If satanic could they not also be angelic, or are demons the only ones running loose on the earth right now?

Which do you think is more likely? Satan needing to come up with a way to explain away the Rapture for a very logical reason...

... or God disguising angels as UFOs for some reason that I can't even fathom.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
I doubt that angels really needed to ride around in chariots either, but that is how 2 Kings 6:17 describes it.

The verse does not say angels rode around in chariots of fire. Merely that chariots of fire surrounded Elisha. How do you think the Antichrist is going to explain away the Rapture?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The verse does not say angels rode around in chariots of fire. Merely that chariots of fire surrounded Elisha. How do you think the Antichrist is going to explain away the Rapture?

The only point that I can make with certainty is that UFOs are real. Whatever people make of them beyond that is up to them.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
The only point that I can make with certainty is that UFOs are real. Whatever people make of them beyond that is up to them.

I agree that they're real. I've seen one myself. I just think the theory that they are flown by space aliens is absurd.