The UFO phenomenon

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
Prediction from http://kgov.com/predictions:

Claims of spotted alien spaceships will diminish as video cell phones multiply. (Apparently, most aliens travel thousands of light years to get here so that they can disembowel cattle, make crop circles, and fly over Phoenix. Then, being introverts, they leave.) Feb. 2017 Update: Regarding reported UFOs, there are huge spikes around July 4th each year but the "spotting of flying saucers has been on the downturn" dropping from around 50% of all UFO sightings for decades to now less than 25% (as compared to just sighting some light in the sky). Dec. 2017 Update: "The National UFO Reporting Center... logged a total of 4,655 sightings in 2017, down from the 2016 total of 5,619." [Note: Just as RSR rejects that UFOs represent aliens, we also reject that they represent demonic activity. The Bible describes some demonic activity during the history of the Old Testament. However, the Scriptures do not present a single case of demon possession or exorcism throughout all those thousands of years prior to the New Testament. We note that from our perspective, this important overview-type observation is virtually never shared by those teachers who claim that demons can physically intervene today.]

To video cell phones, here, I would also add drone technology. Interesting, the mention of July 4th, here. Several years ago, the night of July 4th, while we were watching fireworks going up into the sky all around, I noticed the lights of some sort of flying craft that was moving about in ways that I was not used to seeing flying objects move about. But, I did not, even for a second, think, "Oh, wow! It must be life from somewhere beyond!" Instead, I realized that it was likely a drone, and, since all the fireworks going up into the sky were illegal, I figured that it was, perhaps, some sort of police surveillance drone that I was seeing, maybe being used to try to track the illegal fireworks. But, I remember, at the time, thinking to myself something like, "Hmmmm. Seeing how that thing can maneuver through the sky, it seems that, once people have become widely accustomed to seeing drones, and the novelty wears off, that's gonna create an even more impassable chasm between "UFO" hucksters and dreamers, on the one hand, and serious-minded thinkers, on the other."

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
There are those who claim to have been abducted by ETs and taken aboard UFOs. The following video testimony of one such abduction includes videotaped footage of the unknown objects:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KXVAIZdTbZc&list=PLG6l0u7wdNE8HuN09BpWPDy1ZxukuPWLz&index=16&t=0s

You assume them folk are honest? I, for one, don't assume they are.

Viewers of this thread will take note of the fact that all of the mockers have utterly refused to discuss any of the evidence. They don't dare try, because the moment they try to pick the evidence apart they will realize it is true.

Why do you imagine that that "sweet, little, old lady", in the video, who tells us, "...and soon, I was moving through the wall!", is not--couldn't possibly be--herself, a mocker, mocking people who eagerly lap up such silliness? Why imagine that she, and others telling similar, silly tales, are not, by such tale-telling, mockers of those gullible enough to take their performance seriously?

What would you say that lady's saying, "...and soon, I was moving through the wall!", is evidence for? That she was moving through the wall?

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
The Universe, BTW, is not infinite. And we are sending out signals that any advanced civilization would recognize as coming from (more or less) intelligent life. Our signature is now over a hundred light-years out into the galaxy. So if anyone is listening in that range, they'll find us.

No one really knows.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The Universe, BTW, is not infinite. And we are sending out signals that any advanced civilization would recognize as coming from (more or less) intelligent life. Our signature is now over a hundred light-years out into the galaxy. So if anyone is listening in that range, they'll find us.

No one really knows.

God made man. Aliens are a figment of man's imagination, especially popularized by the radio show (eventually made (and remade) into a film) "War of the Worlds."

God did not make aliens. Man did.

* Aliens Didn't Make Humans, Humans Made Aliens: Atheists claim that, "God didn't make man, man made God." However, belief in aliens is undeniably a man-made thing. Further, many atheists say that aliens made man. So, atheists are doing exactly what they falsely accuse Christians of.

[LINK TO THE REST OF THE ARTICLE]

Another argument against there being alien life "out there" is that the universe, as far as we can tell, is centered on the Earth (it's off by some light-years, but it's enough that we can tell that we're near the center; if we were dead-center, we wouldn't be able to tell at all if it was just an artifact of the measurements or if we really were in the center). The argument is philosophical in nature.

Summary: The belief, held by faith by many cosmologists, that God did not create the universe suggests, as codified in their Copernican and Cosmological principles, claims that the Earth is not in a special place. If however, the most expansive scientific observations ever made demonstrate that the universe has, in effect, a north and a south pole, aligned in an uncanny way with the Earth's orbit around the sun, then that would suggest that when God created the heavens and the Earth, that He put the Earth in a special place. Thus, atheistic cosmologists have coined the term Axis of Evil because in their upside down worldview, anything is evil if it is evidence against the big bang and for the God of the Bible.

https://youtu.be/ARfRKqzat3w
RSR's List of Evidence Against The Big Bang

* First – The BIG NAMES in Cosmology and Physics Admit It's Philosophy: Stephen Hawking, Richard Feynman, Edwin Hubble, George Ellis, and so many other accomplished scientists admit that it is not observational science, but philosophy, that leads such big bang advocates to claim that the universe has no center (and thus that it is homogenous and isotropic, the same everywhere and in every direction). If you don't know that, read their quotes at rsr.org/cosmological-prinicple. If you've read their comments, and you are still in denial about this, ask God to help you, and He will. Meanwhile, the rest of us may proceed...

. . .

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Could you tell me what (if anything) ought to be called a "UFO"?

"There are some definite flight type characteristics that are seen now that I would say represent genuine UFOs...ie: instant acceleration; instant stop; vertical acceleration - up into the air and down to the ground; reverses in direction; right angle turns - all in silence - multiple objects sometimes separating and then going back into each other. They are classic, what I would call, genuine UFO characteristics - things that we can not do in a conventional sense." - British Detective Constable Gary Heseltine

"More than 10,000 sightings have been reported, the majority of which cannot be accounted for by any scientific explanation, e.g., that they are hallucinations, the effects of light refraction, meteors, wheels falling from aeroplanes, and the like. They have been tracked on radar screens and the observed speeds have been as great as 9,000 mph." -- Air Chief Marshall Lord Dowding, Commanding Officer of the RAF during WWII

On December 2, 1952 the CIA’s Assistant Director H. Marshall Chadwell noted in a classified report on UFO activity in American airspace:

“Sightings of unexplained objects at great altitudes and traveling at high speeds in the vicinity of major U.S. defense installations are of such nature that they are not attributable to natural phenomena or known types of aerial vehicles.”

-- https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...93777335740/chadwell_memo.jpg?format=original

Director of the CIA, Roscoe Hillencoter, stated at a 1962 NICAP press conference in Washington D.C.:

"I know that neither Russia nor this country has anything even approaching such high speeds and maneuvers. Behind the scenes high ranking officers are soberly concerned about UFOs, but through official secrecy and ridicule many citizens are led to believe that the unknown flying objects are nonsense. . .To hide the facts, the Air Force has silenced its personnel."

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

- Claims of spotted aliens and alien spaceships will diminish as video cell phones multiply. (Apparently, most aliens travel thousands of light years to get here so that they can disembowel cattle, make crop circles, and fly over Phoenix. Then, being introverts, they leave.) Feb. 2017 Update: Regarding reported UFOs, there are huge spikes around July 4th each year but the "spotting of flying saucers has been on the downturn" dropping from around 50% of all UFO sightings for decades to now less than 25% (as compared to just sighting some light in the sky). Dec. 2017 Update: "The National UFO Reporting Center... logged a total of 4,655 sightings in 2017, down from the 2016 total of 5,619." [Note: First, this prediction is not about blips of light. Secondly, just as RSR rejects that UFOs represent aliens, we also reject that they represent demonic activity. . . .

[https://kgov.com/list-of-creation-science-predictions#ufos]

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Another argument against there being alien life "out there" is that the universe, as far as we can tell, is centered on the Earth (it's off by some light-years, but it's enough that we can tell that we're near the center; if we were dead-center, we wouldn't be able to tell at all if it was just an artifact of the measurements or if we really were in the center). The argument is philosophical in nature.

The observable universe seems to center on us. The ancient Chinese made the same argument for the world centering on them. Clearly, they were in the center of the observable world. The characters for China reflect their faulty understanding of the structure of the world. "中国" means "middle kingdom."

From our vantage point on the Earth, we infer that the observable Universe is 15 billion light-years in size in every direction that we look - in other words, we infer that we are at the center of a sphere 15 billion light-years in radius.

This does not mean, however, that we are at the centre of the Universe; it just means that we are at the centre of our observable Universe. A fundamental principle in our understanding of the Universe itself, called the Cosmological Principle, states that the Universe is homogeneous and isotropic on the largest scales. That means that on the whole, the Universe as seen from any vantage point (even one that is 15 billion light-years away from us!) will measure a spherical observable Universe with a radius of 15 billion light-years.

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/pe...th-at-the-centre-of-the-universe-intermediate

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
The observable universe seems to center on us. The ancient Chinese made the same argument for the world centering on them. Clearly, they were in the center of the observable world. The characters for China reflect their faulty understanding of the structure of the world. "中国" means "middle kingdom."

From our vantage point on the Earth, we infer that the observable Universe is 15 billion light-years in size in every direction that we look - in other words, we infer that we are at the center of a sphere 15 billion light-years in radius.

This does not mean, however, that we are at the centre of the Universe; it just means that we are at the centre of our observable Universe. A fundamental principle in our understanding of the Universe itself, called the Cosmological Principle, states that the Universe is homogeneous and isotropic on the largest scales. That means that on the whole, the Universe as seen from any vantage point (even one that is 15 billion light-years away from us!) will measure a spherical observable Universe with a radius of 15 billion light-years.

http://curious.astro.cornell.edu/pe...th-at-the-centre-of-the-universe-intermediate

You missed it. Try again:

Summary: The belief, held by faith by many cosmologists, that God did not create the universe suggests, as codified in their Copernican and Cosmological principles, claims that the Earth is not in a special place. If however, the most expansive scientific observations ever made demonstrate that the universe has, in effect, a north and a south pole, aligned in an uncanny way with the Earth's orbit around the sun, then that would suggest that when God created the heavens and the Earth, that He put the Earth in a special place. Thus, atheistic cosmologists have coined the term Axis of Evil because in their upside down worldview, anything is evil if it is evidence against the big bang and for the God of the Bible.

* First – The BIG NAMES in Cosmology and Physics Admit It's Philosophy: Stephen Hawking, Richard Feynman, Edwin Hubble, George Ellis, and so many other accomplished scientists admit that it is not observational science, but philosophy, that leads such big bang advocates to claim that the universe has no center (and thus that it is homogenous and isotropic, the same everywhere and in every direction). If you don't know that, read their quotes at rsr.org/cosmological-prinicple. If you've read their comments, and you are still in denial about this, ask God to help you, and He will. Meanwhile, the rest of us may proceed...

. . .

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
You missed it. Try again:

No, I realize you have philosophical objections to the evidence. But it seems to me that a valid philosophy should at very least, be consistent with the evidence we have.

The prediction that a universe such as ours should be anisotropic was inadvertently confirmed when two engineers at Bell Labs, trying to make perfect microwave antenna, noticed that no matter what they did, there was a residual "noise" that persisted no matter which way they turned the antenna. It turned out to be the predicted residual radiation from the Big Bang.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
No, I realize you have philosophical objections to the evidence. But it seems to me that a valid philosophy should at very least, be consistent with the evidence we have.

The prediction that a universe such as ours should be anisotropic was inadvertently confirmed when two engineers at Bell Labs, trying to make perfect microwave antenna, noticed that no matter what they did, there was a residual "noise" that persisted no matter which way they turned the antenna. It turned out to be the predicted residual radiation from the Big Bang.

You missed it.

Try again:

. . .

I'm not the one making the initial argument.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Yes, I see that. It was someone on the website, who really misunderstood the evidence, not you. If I gave the impression that I thought you came up with that mess, my apologies.
So which part of the article was incorrect? Specifically, please.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
So which part of the article was incorrect? Specifically, please.

"it is not observational science, but philosophy, that leads such big bang advocates to claim that the universe has no center (and thus that it is homogenous and isotropic, the same everywhere and in every direction)."

As noted, the Bell Labs engineers found the microwave background that was a necessary consequence of the Big Bang and an isotropic universe.

The cosmic microwave background (CMB, CMBR), in Big Bang cosmology, is electromagnetic radiation as a remnant from an early stage of the universe, also known as "relic radiation". The CMB is faint cosmic background radiation filling all space. It is an important source of data on the early universe because it is the oldest electromagnetic radiation in the universe, dating to the epoch of recombination. With a traditional optical telescope, the space between stars and galaxies (the background) is completely dark. However, a sufficiently sensitive radio telescope shows a faint background noise, or glow, almost isotropic, that is not associated with any star, galaxy, or other object. This glow is strongest in the microwave region of the radio spectrum. The accidental discovery of the CMB in 1964 by American radio astronomers Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson[1][2] was the culmination of work initiated in the 1940s, and earned the discoverers the 1978 Nobel Prize in Physics.

CMB is landmark evidence of the Big Bang origin of the universe. When the universe was young, before the formation of stars and planets, it was denser, much hotter, and filled with a uniform glow from a white-hot fog of hydrogen plasma. As the universe expanded, both the plasma and the radiation filling it grew cooler. When the universe cooled enough, protons and electrons combined to form neutral hydrogen atoms. Unlike the uncombined protons and electrons, these newly conceived atoms could not scatter the thermal radiation by Thomson scattering, and so the universe became transparent instead of being an opaque fog.[3] Cosmologists refer to the time period when neutral atoms first formed as the recombination epoch, and the event shortly afterwards when photons started to travel freely through space rather than constantly being scattered by electrons and protons in plasma is referred to as photon decoupling. The photons that existed at the time of photon decoupling have been propagating ever since, though growing fainter and less energetic, since the expansion of space causes their wavelength to increase over time (and wavelength is inversely proportional to energy according to Planck's relation). This is the source of the alternative term relic radiation. The surface of last scattering refers to the set of points in space at the right distance from us so that we are now receiving photons originally emitted from those points at the time of photon decoupling.

Tiny residual variations in the glow show a very specific pattern, as would be expected of a fairly uniformly distributed hot gas that has expanded to the current size of the universe. In particular, the spectral radiance contains small anisotropies, or irregularities, which vary with the size of the region examined. They have been measured in detail, and match what would be expected if small thermal variations, generated by quantum fluctuations of matter in a very tiny space, had expanded to the size of the observable universe we see today. Although many different processes might produce the general form of a black body spectrum, no model other than the Big Bang has yet explained the fluctuations. As a result, most cosmologists consider the Big Bang model of the universe to be the best explanation for the CMB.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cosmic_microwave_background

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
"it is not observational science, but philosophy, that leads such big bang advocates to claim that the universe has no center (and thus that it is homogenous and isotropic, the same everywhere and in every direction)."

As noted, the Bell Labs engineers found the microwave background that was a necessary consequence of the Big Bang and an isotropic universe.

The cosmic microwave background (CMB, CMBR), in Big Bang cosmology, is electromagnetic radiation as a remnant from an early stage of the universe, also known as "relic radiation". The CMB is faint cosmic background radiation filling all space. It is an important source of data on the early universe because it is the oldest electromagnetic radiation in the universe, dating to the epoch of recombination. With a traditional optical telescope, the space between stars and galaxies (the background) is completely dark. However, a sufficiently sensitive radio telescope shows a faint background noise, or glow, almost isotropic, that is not associated with any star, galaxy, or other object. This glow is strongest in the microwave region of the radio spectrum. The accidental discovery of the CMB in 1964 by American radio astronomers Arno Penzias and Robert Wilson[1][2] was the culmination of work initiated in the 1940s, and earned the discoverers the 1978 Nobel Prize in Physics.

CMB is landmark evidence of the Big Bang origin of the universe. When the universe was young, before the formation of stars and planets, it was denser, much hotter, and filled with a uniform glow from a white-hot fog of hydrogen plasma. As the universe expanded, both the plasma and the radiation filling it grew cooler. When the universe cooled enough, protons and electrons combined to form neutral hydrogen atoms. Unlike the uncombined protons and electrons, these newly conceived atoms could not scatter the thermal radiation by Thomson scattering, and so the universe became transparent instead of being an opaque fog.[3] Cosmologists refer to the time period when neutral atoms first formed as the recombination epoch, and the event shortly afterwards when photons started to travel freely through space rather than constantly being scattered by electrons and protons in plasma is referred to as photon decoupling. The photons that existed at the time of photon decoupling have been propagating ever since, though growing fainter and less energetic, since the expansion of space causes their wavelength to increase over time (and wavelength is inversely proportional to energy according to Planck's relation). This is the source of the alternative term relic radiation. The surface of last scattering refers to the set of points in space at the right distance from us so that we are now receiving photons originally emitted from those points at the time of photon decoupling.

Tiny residual variations in the glow show a very specific pattern, as would be expected of a fairly uniformly distributed hot gas that has expanded to the current size of the universe. In particular, the spectral radiance contains small anisotropies, or irregularities, which vary with the size of the region examined. They have been measured in detail, and match what would be expected if small thermal variations, generated by quantum fluctuations of matter in a very tiny space, had expanded to the size of the observable universe we see today. Although many different processes might produce the general form of a black body spectrum, no model other than the Big Bang has yet explained the fluctuations. As a result, most cosmologists consider the Big Bang model of the universe to be the best explanation for the CMB.

Right, I get that that's what people who reject Genesis interpret the CMB as. In other words, The person who wrote that assumed that the evidence is evidence for the Big Bang, and by doing so, assumed the truth of the position.

In other words, question begging.

But that's not all that's being addressed here. It's not JUST the CMB we're talking about.

First, if you continue reading on kgov.com/cmb (the link to the portion of the summary you quoted above), you'll find this immediately following:

If however, the most expansive scientific observations ever made demonstrate that the universe has, in effect, a north and a south pole, aligned in an uncanny way with the Earth's orbit around the sun, then that would suggest that when God created the heavens and the Earth, that He put the Earth in a special place. Thus, atheistic cosmologists have coined the term Axis of Evil because in their upside down worldview, anything is evil if it is evidence against the big bang and for the God of the Bible.

In other words, if evidence can be found that indicates that the earth IS in a special place, then that is evidence of special creation, not the Big bang.

The "Axis of Evil" is such evidence.

Second, you seem to have failed to read the rest of the part of the article I quoted, which has big names saying that the arguments are philosophy.

Stephen Hawking, Richard Feynman, Edwin Hubble, George Ellis, and so many other accomplished scientists admit that it is not observational science, but philosophy, that leads such big bang advocates to claim that the universe has no center (and thus that it is homogenous and isotropic, the same everywhere and in every direction).

The kgov article then presents a link to their quotes, http://kgov.com/cosmological-principle.

There, we can find quotes (and the sources to the specified quotes) such as:

George Ellis (quoting Stephen Hawking):

“People need to be aware that there is a range of models that could explain the observations... For instance, I can construct you a spherically symmetrical universe with Earth at its center, and you cannot disprove it based on observations... You can only exclude it on philosophical grounds... What I want to bring into the open is the fact that we are using philosophical criteria in choosing our models. A lot of cosmology tries to hide that.”​

Stephen Hawking himself:

[scientists] "are not able to make cosmological models without some admixture of ideology"​

"... it might seem that if we observe all other galaxies to be moving away from us, then we must be at the center of the universe. There is, however, an alternate explanation: the universe might look the same in every direction as seen from any other galaxy, too. This, as we have seen, was Friedmann's second assumption. We have no SCIENTIFIC evidence for, or against this assumption. We believe it only on grounds of modesty: it would be most remarkable [i.e. unexpected to materialists] if the universe looked the same in every direction around us, but not around other points in the universe ..."​

Philip Gibbs:

"Despite the discovery of a great deal of structure in the distribution of the galaxies, most cosmologists still hold to the cosmological principle either for philosophical reasons or because it is a useful working hypothesis..."​

Marie-Noelle Celerier (regarding supernovae data explicitly

"ruling out the Cosmological Principle" [is a valid interpretation of the data]​

Richard Feynman:

"I suspect that the assumption of uniformity of the universe reflects a prejudice... It would be embarrassing to find, after stating that we live in an ordinary planet about an ordinary star in an ordinary galaxy, that our place in the universe is extraordinary … To avoid embarrassment we cling to the hypothesis of uniformity."​

Edwin Hubble:

"Such a condition would imply that we occupy a unique position in the universe, analogous, in a sense, to the ancient conception of a central earth. The hypothesis cannot be disproved but it is unwelcome..." [Regarding the possibility that] "the observer [is] in a unique position [this] unwelcome supposition of a favoured location must be avoided at all costs. Therefore, we accept the uniform distribution..."​

Other names include: John Barrow and Frank Tipler, Willem de Sitter, Georges Lemaître, Werner Heisenberg, and Lawrence Krauss.

Honorable mentions: Aron Ra, The League of Reason (forum).

Third, had you continued reading the article on the kgov site, you would have found a direct quote of Lawrence Krauss saying the following (emphasis added):

"But when you look at CMB map, you also see that the structure that is observed, is in fact, in a weird way, correlated with the plane of the earth around the sun. Is this Copernicus coming back to haunt us? That's crazy. We're looking out at the whole universe. There's no way there should be a correlation of structure with our motion of the earth around the sun — the plane of the earth around the sun — the ecliptic. That would say we are truly the center of the universe. The new results are either telling us that all of science is wrong [RSR: That's extreme hyperbole; No operational science would be wrong, only the typical wild guesswork of origins science would be wrong] and we're the center of the universe, or maybe the data is simply incorrect, or maybe it's telling us there's something weird about the microwave background results and that maybe, maybe there's something wrong with our theories on the larger scales."​

Fourth, the evidence goes against the commonly accepted model, as stated on the Planck website:

"Planck data reveals the presence of subtle anomalies in the CMB pattern that might challenge the very foundations of cosmology."​

Long story short: The evidence suggests that we are in a special place in the universe, regardless of what people believe about the CMB, which itself is evidence against, not for, the Big Bang.

And THAT, in turn, is evidence against the existence of aliens, UFOs their ships, and the like.

Last edited:

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Right, I get that that's what people who reject Genesis interpret the CMB as.

More accurately, those people who reject your new revision of Genesis. The cosmic expansion was first proposed by a Christian who accepted the traditional Christian view of Genesis, and was opposed by an atheist who rejected Genesis. (he also gave it the intended pejorative of "Big Bang" but that kind of backfired on him. He was offended, because the idea of an origin of the universe implied a creator.

However, Christians accept the Big Bang precisely because of the many confirmed predictions of the theory, including the microwave background.

In other words, The person who wrote that assumed that the evidence is evidence for the Big Bang, and by doing so, assumed the truth of the position.

You're wrong, again. The Christian who proposed the idea predicted that there would be radiation left over from that initial expansion. Penzias and Wilson accidentally discovered that radiation, confirming the theory.

In other words, you were misled about how it worked.

But that's not all that's being addressed here. It's not JUST the CMB we're talking about.

You might be wrong about other things; I'm just showing you that you're wrong about this.

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
More accurately, those people who reject your new revision of Genesis.

Sorry, but there's no revision of Genesis.

This is your go-to straw man.

Genesis says what it says. It says that God created in six days.

It does not say God used a big bang to create the universe.

The cosmic expansion was first proposed by a Christian who accepted the traditional Christian view of Genesis, and was opposed by an atheist who rejected Genesis.

So what?

It doesn't change the fact that Genesis says six days, and the fact that Jesus stated that man was created at the beginning.

[he also gave it the intended pejorative of "Big Bang" but that kind of backfired on him. He was offended, because the idea of an origin of the universe implied a creator.

:blabla:

However, Christians accept the Big Bang precisely because of the many confirmed predictions of the theory,

Sorry, but just in the past month or so, there have been so many findings that have not only challenged the secular view of the origins of the universe, but they've BAFFLED the scientists who made those findings.

including the microwave background.

Again, from the Planck website:

"Planck data reveals the presence of subtle anomalies in the CMB pattern that might challenge the very foundations of cosmology."

The very FOUNDATIONS, Barb.

They're talking about the Axis of Evil, the fact that the very structure of the CMB correlates with the ecliptic, the plane of the earth around the sun, which indicates that we are at the CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE.

You're wrong, again.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

The Christian who proposed the idea predicted that there would be radiation left over from that initial expansion. Penzias and Wilson accidentally discovered that radiation, confirming the theory.

In other words, you were misled about how it worked.

Sorry, but the evidence cannot point to both the universe being infinite AND the earth being at the center of the universe.

The Axis of Evil, the structure of the CMBr, cannot inherently contradict itself. Which means that either the CMBr is the result of the big bang, and it's just a coincidence that roughly half the universe is slightly warmer on one side than it is on the other, and that the dividing line just so happens to line up with the ecliptic, the plane of the earth's orbit around the sun, OR the CMBr is NOT evidence of a big bang, but is the result of some other unknown cause, and the earth really is near the center of the universe, as shown by the structure of the CMBr, with one half of the universe being slightly warmer than the other.

The latter lines up with Genesis, with God specially creating the earth, it being the center of his attention.

You might be wrong about other things; I'm just showing you that you're wrong about this.

In order to show that I'm wrong about this, you have to show that the CMBr does NOT indicate that we are at the center of the universe. The ONLY way to reject that claim fully is via a philosophical argument, because the evidence indicates that we are.

Therefore, your claim that I'm wrong is just posturing.

PROVE ME WRONG.

The Barbarian

BANNED
Banned
Sorry, but there's no revision of Genesis.

Yours is new. There's no point in denying it. Most Christians don't accept your revision. It doesn't mean you aren't a Christian, it just means you don't agree with the traditional view of it.

Genesis says what it says. It says that God created in six days.

St. Augustine pointed out that the text itself shows that the "days" (actually "yom") aren't literal days. No Christian at the time was williing to argue that finding with him. As late as the 1920s, even evangelicals were OE creationists.

It does not say God used a big bang to create the universe.

It doesn't say that the world is made of protons, electrons and neutrons, either. There area lot of things that are true,that aren't in Genesis.

Sorry, but just in the past month or so, there have been so many findings that have not only challenged the secular view of the origins of the universe, but they've BAFFLED the scientists who made those findings.

(Barbarian checks)

Nope. In fact many puzzling things have been cleared up lately. This one just explained another puzzle:

Following the Big Bang some 14 billion years ago, the universe gradually cooled down, allowing electrons and protons to fuse together to form hydrogen atoms. This was the beginning of the Dark Ages of the universe, which lasted until the first stars were formed. These stars must have emitted large quantities of ultraviolet radiation that was capable of ionizing the hydrogen atoms, because astronomers observed that electrons and protons separated again a billion years after the Big Bang. This is what we call the cosmic reionization period.

Successful new measurement technique

For a long time, astronomers could not explain where the powerful UV radiation needed for reionization had come from. The majority of observed galaxies do not emit ionizing photons and the few known exceptions emit too little to keep the universe ionized.

Anne Verhamme, professor of astronomy at the University of Geneva, proposed that green pea galaxies—a new type of galaxy discovered ten years ago—probably emit large quantities of ionizing photons. This assumption was based on the highly specific properties of rays emitted by the hydrogen atoms in these galaxies, known as Lyman-alpha radiation. Astronomers believe that green pea galaxies resemble primordial galaxies as they are extremely compact, are creating their first generations of stars, and are still rich in gas.

Using data from the Hubble Space Telescope, Anne Verhamme and a international team of collaborators were able to demonstrate that green pea galaxies do indeed emit large quantities of ionizing photons. If green peas are analogous to primordial galaxies, it seems very likely that it was galaxies that triggered the reionization of the universe more than 13 billion years ago.

https://phys.org/news/2019-08-green-peas-clues-early-days.html

Again, from the Planck website:

"Planck data reveals the presence of subtle anomalies in the CMB pattern that might challenge the very foundations of cosmology."

"Might?" There's a very clear signal, WRT anisotropies, that indicate why they exist:

They're talking about the Axis of Evil, the fact that the very structure of the CMB correlates with the ecliptic, the plane of the earth around the sun, which indicates that we are at the CENTER OF THE UNIVERSE.

In precisely the same way that an observer in China, would find observations to indicate that China is in the very center of the world. Hence, the "Middle Kingdom."

How does this make sense? It turns out that there are a couple of possibilities. First, the Universe could be much, much bigger than the part which we actually observe. If the Universe has the geometry of a "flat sheet" that we assume everyday on Earth, then the Cosmological Principle implies that the Universe must be infinite, since every observer at every "Universe edge" must observe the same global parameters. On the other hand, it is possible that the Universe's geometry is not flat, but curved like a sphere or a saddle. In this case, the Universe would "wrap" around at the edges: just as on the surface of the Earth, you would come back to where you started if you walked in one direction for long enough. Recent observations indicate that the first scenario is most likely true - we see a piece of the infinite, flat Universe that is 15 billion light-years in radius.How does this make sense? It turns out that there are a couple of possibilities. First, the Universe could be much, much bigger than the part which we actually observe. If the Universe has the geometry of a "flat sheet" that we assume everyday on Earth, then the Cosmological Principle implies that the Universe must be infinite, since every observer at every "Universe edge" must observe the same global parameters. On the other hand, it is possible that the Universe's geometry is not flat, but curved like a sphere or a saddle. In this case, the Universe would "wrap" around at the edges: just as on the surface of the Earth, you would come back to where you started if you walked in one direction for long enough. Recent observations indicate that the first scenario is most likely true - we see a piece of the infinite, flat Universe that is 15 billion light-years in radius.

Saying it doesn't make it so.

Evidence shows that it's so.

In order to show that I'm wrong about this, you have to show that the CMBr does NOT indicate that we are at the center of the universe.

See above. You've just assumed all sorts of things that you can't show any evidence for. Your philosophical assumptions are just untestable conjectures.

There is no consensus on the nature of this and other observed anomalies[19] and their statistical significance is unclear. For example, a study that includes the Planck mission results shows how masking techniques could introduce errors that when taken into account can render several anomalies, including the Axis of Evil, not statistically significant.[20] A 2016 study compared isotropic and anisotropic cosmological models against WMAP and Planck data and found no evidence for anisotropy.[21]

Cosmologist Edmund Schluessel has suggested that gravitational waves with extremely long wavelengths could explain the Axis of Evil.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Axis_of_evil_(cosmology)

What we don't yet know, isn't proof of anything.

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Most Christians don't accept your revision.

Darwinists have a great affinity with arguments from popularity. Without them, they'd have nothing.

It doesn't mean you aren't a Christian, it just means you aren't rational.

St. Augustine pointed out that the text itself shows that the "days" (actually "yom") aren't literal days.

And he was wrong. :idunno:

Don't worry. It even happens to great thinkers, so it's too be expected from the likes of you and whoever the moron you're quoting is.

No Christian at the time was williing to argue that finding with him. As late as the 1920s, even evangelicals were OE creationists.

Darwinists love logical fallacies. Without them, they'd have nothing.

It doesn't say that the world is made of protons, electrons and neutrons.

But it is explicit: "Six days."

Sorry. You got lied to.

Right Divider

Body part
But it is explicit: "Six days."
The Bible also validates that those are six literal days.

Exo 31:12-18 KJV And the LORD spake unto Moses, saying, (13) Speak thou also unto the children of Israel, saying, Verily my sabbaths ye shall keep: for it is a sign between me and you throughout your generations; that ye may know that I am the LORD that doth sanctify you. (14) Ye shall keep the sabbath therefore; for it is holy unto you: every one that defileth it shall surely be put to death: for whosoever doeth any work therein, that soul shall be cut off from among his people. (15) Six days may work be done; but in the seventh is the sabbath of rest, holy to the LORD: whosoever doeth any work in the sabbath day, he shall surely be put to death. (16) Wherefore the children of Israel shall keep the sabbath, to observe the sabbath throughout their generations, for a perpetual covenant. (17) It is a sign between me and the children of Israel for ever: for in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, and on the seventh day he rested, and was refreshed. (18) And he gave unto Moses, when he had made an end of communing with him upon mount Sinai, two tables of testimony, tables of stone, written with the finger of God.

The literal seventh day sabbath is modeled on the literal six day creation.

It's so simple that a child can understand it.