The UFO phenomenon

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Viewers of this thread will take note of the fact that all of the mockers have utterly refused to discuss any of the evidence. They don't dare try, because the moment they try to pick the evidence apart they will realize it is true.

unidentified flying evidence

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Something's flying. It's not evidence.

One of the best UFO photographs in the world was taken by the National Geographic Institute in Costa Rica on September 4, 1971. The Institute was taking photographs to create a map to determine where the water would come from for the acquisition of land to develop the Arenal dam project.

Sergio Loaiza, along with Juan Bravo and Francico Reyes, were flying in a Canadian made Areo-Commander model F680. Loaiza had a NRK 15-23 camera, weighing 100 lbs, on the floor of the airplane. On that day he was in charge of aerial photography.

Flying at 10,000 feet, the camera fired every 13 seconds. It was later when IGN employees noticed the object:

ufo.jpg

Analysis of the photograph revealed that the object was in the air and has no wings or visible means of propulsion:

cote-lake-ufo-photo4.jpg

Loaiza was in charge of reviewing the photos, recounting that while enlarging the images and then examining the negative closely, they realized what had been photographed. “At the time we were completely banned from talking about it, we could not tell anyone,” said Loaiza.

http://qcostarica.com/45-years-ago-a-ufo-sighting-in-costa-rica-impressed-the-world/

fool

Hall of Fame
One of the best UFO photographs in the world was taken by the National Geographic Institute in Costa Rica on September 4, 1971. The Institute was taking photographs to create a map to determine where the water would come from for the acquisition of land to develop the Arenal dam project.

Sergio Loaiza, along with Juan Bravo and Francico Reyes, were flying in a Canadian made Areo-Commander model F680. Loaiza had a NRK 15-23 camera, weighing 100 lbs, on the floor of the airplane. On that day he was in charge of aerial photography.

Flying at 10,000 feet, the camera fired every 13 seconds. It was later when IGN employees noticed the object:

ufo.jpg

Analysis of the photograph revealed that the object was in the air and has no wings or visible means of propulsion:

cote-lake-ufo-photo4.jpg

Loaiza was in charge of reviewing the photos, recounting that while enlarging the images and then examining the negative closely, they realized what had been photographed. “At the time we were completely banned from talking about it, we could not tell anyone,” said Loaiza.

http://qcostarica.com/45-years-ago-a-ufo-sighting-in-costa-rica-impressed-the-world/

That one looks like a lens flare. Look at it closely, does it look like a reflection of a camera lens?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
That one looks like a lens flare. Look at it closely, does it look like a reflection of a camera lens?
Not a lens, but...

a0ffdb72cd10a287745c0d8c8f1e5dbc.jpg

The old-style flash-bulbs they had on the cameras.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
On December 2, 1952 the CIA’s Assistant Director H. Marshall Chadwell noted in a classified report on UFO activity in American airspace:

“Sightings of unexplained objects at great altitudes and traveling at high speeds in the vicinity of major U.S. defense installations are of such nature that they are not attributable to natural phenomena or known types of aerial vehicles.”

-- https://static1.squarespace.com/sta...93777335740/chadwell_memo.jpg?format=original

Director of the CIA, Roscoe Hillencoter, stated at a 1962 NICAP press conference in Washington D.C.:

"I know that neither Russia nor this country has anything even approaching such high speeds and maneuvers. Behind the scenes high ranking officers are soberly concerned about UFOs, but through official secrecy and ridicule many citizens are led to believe that the unknown flying objects are nonsense. . .To hide the facts, the Air Force has silenced its personnel."

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
"More than 10,000 sightings have been reported, the majority of which cannot be accounted for by any scientific explanation, e.g., that they are hallucinations, the effects of light refraction, meteors, wheels falling from aeroplanes, and the like. They have been tracked on radar screens and the observed speeds have been as great as 9,000 mph." -- Air Chief Marshall Lord Dowding, Commanding Officer of the RAF during WWII

"There are some definite flight type characteristics that are seen now that I would say represent genuine UFOs...ie: instant acceleration; instant stop; vertical acceleration - up into the air and down to the ground; reverses in direction; right angle turns - all in silence - multiple objects sometimes separating and then going back into each other. They are classic, what I would call, genuine UFO characteristics - things that we can not do in a conventional sense." - British Detective Constable Gary Heseltine

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Prediction from http://kgov.com/predictions:

Claims of spotted alien spaceships will diminish as video cell phones multiply. (Apparently, most aliens travel thousands of light years to get here so that they can disembowel cattle, make crop circles, and fly over Phoenix. Then, being introverts, they leave.) Feb. 2017 Update: Regarding reported UFOs, there are huge spikes around July 4th each year but the "spotting of flying saucers has been on the downturn" dropping from around 50% of all UFO sightings for decades to now less than 25% (as compared to just sighting some light in the sky). Dec. 2017 Update: "The National UFO Reporting Center... logged a total of 4,655 sightings in 2017, down from the 2016 total of 5,619." [Note: Just as RSR rejects that UFOs represent aliens, we also reject that they represent demonic activity. The Bible describes some demonic activity during the history of the Old Testament. However, the Scriptures do not present a single case of demon possession or exorcism throughout all those thousands of years prior to the New Testament. We note that from our perspective, this important overview-type observation is virtually never shared by those teachers who claim that demons can physically intervene today.]

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned

Claims of spotted alien spaceships will diminish as video cell phones multiply.

According to the National UFO Reporting Center in the US, sightings of UFOs are reaching record heights. Back in 1990, the organization only recorded 307 sightings (most are in the US but their records include global sightings) and that has skyrocketed in the years since. They reached a peak of 8,619 in 2014 before falling slightly to 5,516 in 2016.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank

ufo.jpg

cote-lake-ufo-photo4.jpg

The title of the article to which you linked us: 45 Years Ago, a UFO Sighting In Costa Rica Impressed The World

That article is dated "28 August 2016". So, "45 Years Ago" would have been the year 1971. The picture you embedded in your post, and which is displayed in the article to which you linked us, is said to have been "taken by members of the Instituto Geográfico Nacional (IGN) – National Geographic Institute, on September 4, 1971 at 8:25am [sic]"--that is, forty-five years prior to the date of the article to which you linked us.

How did this "UFO Sighting In Costa Rica" impress the world, "45 years ago", in 1971, if "[a]t the time we were completely banned from talking about it, we could not tell anyone"? In the article, we are told that

In 1979, Ricardo Vílchez send [sic] the photo to the now defunct organization, Ground Saucer Watch (GSW).

That same year, the photos were published in the Costa Rica media. A decade later, the photographs became part of the “Journal of Scientific Exploration“, which once again discarded the UFO sighting, considering them a photo montage.

So, in the article, this photo montage is not even claimed to have been published until 1979--that is, eight years later than it is claimed to have been taken. So, how could this photo have "impressed the world" prior to 1979? And, we don't even find, in the article, that 37 years ago, in 1979, some "now defunct organization, Ground Saucer Watch (GSW)" was impressed by the photo montage that had been sent to them by "IGN"; much less was the world impressed. Or, perhaps "GSW" were just so impressed that it was their being so impressed that forced them to go defunct. And, obviously, "a decade later" (in 1989, I take it), the "Journal of Scientific Exploration", seems not to have been impressed with this photo montage, either; much less was the world impressed.

Oh, notice too that it is not told who "banned" these photo montage creators from "talking about it", nor when this ban was lifted.

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
The title of the article to which you linked us: 45 Years Ago, a UFO Sighting In Costa Rica Impressed The World...How did this "UFO Sighting In Costa Rica" impress the world, "45 years ago", in 1971, if "[a]t the time we were completely banned from talking about it, we could not tell anyone"?

I have been aware of the photo in question for many years now. I recall seeing it on a mainstream news program, where it was presented as compelling evidence for UFOs. The case for this particular image apparently isn't as strong as I was led to think it was when I posted it to this thread.

In any case, other substantial evidence has been presented in this thread which I think demonstrates that the UFO phenomenon is very real and deserves due consideration.

7djengo7

This space intentionally left blank
I have been aware of the photo in question for many years now. I recall seeing it on a mainstream news program, where it was presented as compelling evidence for UFOs.

What did the photo in question compel you to do?

The case for this particular image apparently isn't as strong as I was led to think it was when I posted it to this thread.

Wait a second, here. The case for this image? But wasn't this image supposed to be, itself, the case for (or a case for) something else--for something you call "the UFO phenomenon"? It seems kinda strange to say that there is a case for the case for X, no? I mean, where must such a regress terminate: "...a case for a case for a case for...the case for X"??

In any case, other substantial evidence has been presented in this thread which I think demonstrates that the UFO phenomenon is very real and deserves due consideration.

I, for one, do not call anything "the UFO phenomenon", so I do not know to what (if anything) you refer by that phrase. Same with the phrase, "UFO"--I, for one, have never called anything an "unidentified, flying object". I do not know what (if anything) ought to be called a "UFO". Could you tell me what (if anything) ought to be called a "UFO"?