Carbon dioxide is a greenhouse gas

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
Warmists freak out about carbon dioxide. They call it a pollutant and demand that it all be kept in the ground. They call it the cause of global warming I mean climate change and ignore its vital role in the hydroshpere.

Water vapor is a greenhouse gas in that it causes warmth by absorbing radiation mainly in the 18 to 30 micrometer band, allowing most of the rest to escape into space. But CO2 absorbs radiation in a different range: 8 to 18 micrometers. CO2 absorbs infrared radiation that water vapor would allow to pass through the atmosphere and into outer space. Radiation absorption causes warmth. Increasing levels of CO2 in the atmosphere means more radiation absorption, and therefore increased warmth. CO2 is a greenhouse gas:

fool

Hall of Fame
Sulfur ain't no picnic either.
It's all bad, pollution bad. But at the end of the day People have to Peep. We need to feed 7.6 billion people and keep them warm and cool and move them around. The good news is people will do whatever is cheapest so as soon as I can heat my house in the winter with electricity without it costing 3 times as much I will definitely do that.
Everybody will.
Cars as well, I purchased an battery operated lawn mower this summer and after I got over the sticker shock I'm in love with the thing. No fuel, no oil, no filters or chokes, no priming bulb, no spark plug, you can hang it on the wall like art when it's winter.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-2...-Battery-Charger-Included-RY40180-Y/304597920

But you'll notice that's $300, I could have purchased a comparable gas unit for half the cost;
https://www.homedepot.com/p/MTD-MTD...k-Behind-Gas-Push-Mower-11A-02BT706/204627306

I ain't going to be spending twice as much for a vehicle because that's just out of my capability. I would spend 20% more for an electric, but that's about all you're going to get out of me right now.
Sorry planet.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Sulfur ain't no picnic either.
It's all bad, pollution bad. But at the end of the day People have to Peep. We need to feed 7.6 billion people and keep them warm and cool and move them around. The good news is people will do whatever is cheapest so as soon as I can heat my house in the winter with electricity without it costing 3 times as much I will definitely do that.
Everybody will.
Cars as well, I purchased an battery operated lawn mower this summer and after I got over the sticker shock I'm in love with the thing. No fuel, no oil, no filters or chokes, no priming bulb, no spark plug, you can hang it on the wall like art when it's winter.
https://www.homedepot.com/p/Ryobi-2...-Battery-Charger-Included-RY40180-Y/304597920

But you'll notice that's $300, I could have purchased a comparable gas unit for half the cost;
https://www.homedepot.com/p/MTD-MTD...k-Behind-Gas-Push-Mower-11A-02BT706/204627306

I ain't going to be spending twice as much for a vehicle because that's just out of my capability. I would spend 20% more for an electric, but that's about all you're going to get out of me right now.
Sorry planet.

i picked up a 60 volt string trimmer this summer - love the thing so much i bought a leaf blower to go with it this fall

highly recommend!

Stripe

Teenage Adaptive Ninja Turtle
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Water vapor is a greenhouse gas in that it causes warmth by absorbing radiation mainly in the 18 to 30 micrometer band, allowing most of the rest to escape into space. But CO2 absorbs radiation in a different range: 8 to 18 micrometers. CO2 absorbs infrared radiation that water vapor would allow to pass through the atmosphere and into outer space. Radiation absorption causes warmth. Increasing levels of CO2 in the atmosphere means more radiation absorption, and therefore increased warmth. CO2 is a greenhouse gas:

Are you trying to disagree with me?

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
i picked up a 60 volt string trimmer this summer - love the thing so much i bought a leaf blower to go with it this fall

highly recommend!

I would also highly recommend Ego's product line:

ego-collage.jpg

User Name

Greatest poster ever
Banned
No gas "causes" warmth.

CO2 absorbs infrared radiation that water vapor would allow to pass through the atmosphere and into outer space. Radiation absorption causes warmth. Increasing levels of CO2 in the atmosphere means more radiation absorption, and therefore increased warmth.