Quotations of the day

FineLinen

"Love is something more stern and splendid than mere kindness." ~ C.S. Lewis

"No man can do me a truer kindness in this world than to pray for me." ~ Charles Spurgeon

"If I can put one touch of rosy sunset into the life of any man or woman, I shall feel that I have worked with God." ~Gilbert K. Chesterton

Attachments

• 1606696058757.png
    1606696058757.png
    744.8 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:

FineLinen

“You go through that Gospel of John. He is centering everything in Himself. 'I am the Way; I am the Truth; I am the Life; I am the Shepherd; I am the Vine; I am the Resurrection.' It is a Person. It is that which lies behind everything. Christianity is Christ. Christ is Christianity. That is where it all begins and it never departs from HIM. The development of the Christian life is only the development of Jesus Christ in the life. From:” ~ T. Austin-Sparks

FineLinen

“When one door closes, another opens; but we often look so long and so regretfully upon the closed door that we do not see the one which has opened for us.” – Alexander Graham Bell

FineLinen

"God does not govern the world only by his will as an absolute monarch, but by his wisdom and goodness as a tender father. It is not his greatest pleasure to show his sovereign power, or his inconceivable wisdom, but his immense goodness, to which he makes the other attributes subservient." - Stephen Charnock

"What an immense workman is God! In miniature as well as in the great. With the one hand, perhaps, He is making a ring of one hundred thousand miles in diameter, to revolve round a planet like Saturn, and with the other is forming a tooth in the ray of the feather of a humming-bird, or a point in the claw of the foot of a microscopic insect. When He works in miniature, everything is gilded, polished, and perfect, but whatever is made by human art, as a needle, etc., when viewed by a microscope, appears rough, and coarse, and bungling." ~ William Law

"If you have not chosen the Kingdom of God first, it will in the end not matter what you have chosen instead." ~Wm. Law

Last edited:

FineLinen

"The path of spiritual growth is a path of lifelong learning." -M. Scott Peck

"Half of spiritual growth is learning what we don't know. The other half is unlearning what we do know." -Mark Batterson

"Spiritual growth thrives in the midst of our problems, not in their absence. Spiritual growth occurs in the trenches of life, not in the classroom." -Mike Yaconelli

1606814833017.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

If you want God to do something new in you, you cannot keep doing the same old thing. You have to do something different. And if you do, God will create new capacities within you. There will be new gifts and new revelations. But you've got to pray the price. You'll get out of this what you put into it.

Mark Batterson

FineLinen

"When we first come to God through Christ, we are pagans at heart and our ideas of God are likely to be a mixture of truth, half-truth, ignorance and error. Conversion lifts the veil of darkness in some measure from our minds and allows the light to shine in, but no one who is capable of self-analysis will deny that there still remains a great many shadowy images that have not yet come into clear focus." - A. W. Tozer-

FineLinen

"Forgiveness is the giving, and so the receiving, of life." - George Macdonald

"The voice of sin is loud, but the voice of forgiveness is louder." - Dwight L. Moody

"We win by tenderness. We conquer by forgiveness." -F.W. Robertson

1606949962776.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"I think we all suffer from acute blindness at times. Life is a constant journey of trying to open your eyes. I'm just beginning my journey, and my eyes aren't fully open yet." -Olivia Thirlby

"It amazes me when I hear any person prefer blindness to deafness. Such a person must have a terrible dread of being alone. Blindness makes one totally dependent on others, and deprives us of every satisfaction at results from light." - Horace Walpole

1606982534136.png

Last edited:

FineLinen

"One difficulty follows another very fast - but God reigns, not chance." -Hudson Taylor

"It is a great truth, God reigns, and therefore grace reigns through righteousness unto eternal life, by Jesus Christ our Lord; and, therefore, noinner on earth need ever despair."

1607066403659.png

Last edited: