Sports Talk 2018: Lebron to Brady and Everything in Between

The Berean

Despite the injuries the Warriors gutted out a tough win last night in game 2 to even series. Hopefully, Klay Thompson is not seriously hurt.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Despite the injuries the Warriors gutted out a tough win last night in game 2 to even series. Hopefully, Klay Thompson is not seriously hurt.
Oh, sure. NOW you're here to talk. :chuckle:

Great game. If Kawhi had help he could count on...you guys had better get KD to come back.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Of course!

Kawhi only scored 6 points in the 4th quarter, four points which were free throws.
I'm pretty sure they count all the points you score and he scored enough in this series so far, worn down, to worry you. Imagine what he'd do with any serious help.

You'd better get KD to come back if you want to extend your streak.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Soooo....KD is out for Game 3, and Klay Thompson is a game time decision.

Even if Thompson plays, he's not going to be 100%.

Should be a close game tonight.

The Berean

Soooo....KD is out for Game 3, and Klay Thompson is a game time decision.

Even if Thompson plays, he's not going to be 100%.

Should be a close game tonight.

Klay is going to play. Klay's father, Mychal Thompson, said just yesterday that Klay is playing. Klay will be fine.

The Berean

Yeah, I'm a little nervous. Klay will play tonight. KD is out for game 4. I don't really what the deal is with KD. Then there is a crazy story that Kevon Looney may return despite having a fractured collarbone.

The Berean

Well that sure was disappointing. Two losses at home. Unless Durrant pulls a Willis Reed the Raptors will win Game 5 at home. :-(

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
If Toronto wins the NBA Championship, and St. Louis wins the NHL Championship, it will be only the fifth time in history that the NBA & NHL winners are first time champions in the same year.

1989 - Calgary Flames & Detroit Pistons

1991 - Pittsburgh Penguins & Chicago Bulls

1999 - Dallas Stars & San Antonio Spurs

2006 - Carolina Hurricanes & Miami Heat

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
...And he's been upgraded to questionable for tomorrow'a game.
It might be better if he doesn't. He shouldn't risk injury and maybe the team is looking at him a bit differently than it did before. Maybe this is the thing that makes everything work in a new way.

The Berean

It might be better if he doesn't. He shouldn't risk injury and maybe the team is looking at him a bit differently than it did before. Maybe this is the thing that makes everything work in a new way.
Wait, wut? A captain is supposed to goes down with his ship. If KD wants to be seen as a leader then he needs to actually lead at some point, no? This is what true leadership looks like. They still talk about this game almost 50 years later.

Last edited:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Wait, wut? A captain is supposed to goes down with his ship. If KD wants to seen as a leader then he needs to actually lead at some point, no? This is what true leadership looks like. They still talk about this game almost 50 years later.
What I'm saying is that if he isn't ready he shouldn't risk injury. It is and has been Curry's team. And the attitude of the rest of the team seemed to boil down to, "We can win it without him, in fact we're happy about how we're playing," etc. before this series. I thought it signaled the reasons KD would likely be in NY after the season.

Now I think they realize something important and in a way they didn't before. Without KD they're a great team that can be beaten. With KD they're nearly unbeatable in a series. I think both KD and the team needed the object lesson if you're going to have a chance to keep him. I don't think GS will win the series without KD in form and playing real minutes, none of which seem likely at this point.