Conspiracy - Are Some Theories Accurate?

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
[h=3]YouTube is trying to stop people seeing Las Vegas conspiracy ...[/h][FONT=&quot]

YouTube
has changed its secretive search algorithms in response to the spread of conspiracy theory videos about the mass shooting in Las Vegas.[/FONT]

[FONT=&quot]The home-video behemoth came under fire in the wake of the shooting, when several unsubstantiated claims made their way into the top new results about the massacre. Videos such as "Proof Las Vegas Shooting Was a FALSE FLAG attack—Shooter on 4th Floor" made it into the “Top News” section on Tuesday, just two days after the shooting occured, according to the Wall St Journal.[/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]But YouTube has since changed its search algorithms to promote more reputable news, a source close to the company told The Independent. The changes had been planned for months, the source added, but were moved up in the wake of the shooting. By Friday, the top ten results for “Las Vegas shooting” all came from news outlets, or contained direct uploads of footage from the event.

[/FONT]

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
From the Vox (warning, VERY strong language if you follow the link): [h=1]Truthers say Sandy Hook was faked. They’re monsters. I was there, taking photos. By: JB Nicholas[/h]https://www.vox.com/first-person/2017/6/5/15731738/fake-news-sandy-hook-truthers

Given the nature of the language I thought I'd provide a few selected excerpts:

Unlike these so-called truthers, I was actually there, in Connecticut, 12 hours after the massacre, observing and taking photographs of the school for the New York Daily News. I know for a fact that the shooting really happened, that my photographs are not fabricated, and that Gene Rosen, whom I found broken and sobbing in the bathroom of the town’s diner three days after the killings, speaks the truth.

The writer follows that with a description of sneaking to a point of advantage under cover of darkness and of viewing the school, a makeshift morgue and the body of one victim being moved. Continuing...

Three days after the shooting, on December 17, Mary and I were in the diner when I got up to go to the bathroom. The diner was tiny and ancient, with a bathroom in a back corner. I tried the door, but it was locked, so I stood there and waited. As I waited, someone began crying on the other side of the door.

Then, in waves, sobs came, and before I knew it, I was tethered to this crying stranger on the other side of a door by a torrent of sorrow.
Finally, I knocked softly on the door and asked if there was anything I could do. The door opened, and a man in glasses and a blue puffy coat appeared. I didn’t ask him why he was crying, I simply invited him to join Mary and me at our table. He accepted, and over coffee and more tears he told us what he had witnessed on the morning of December 14, when a school bus driver and six children whose teacher had been murdered sought safety in his home.

He recited the now familiar tale of the six children he found on his doorstep, then...

“I brought them in the house. And then over the next 30 minutes, they just described what happened. Little by little. And these two boys kept saying, ‘We can’t go back to school. We can’t go back to school. Our teacher’s dead. Ms. Soto — we don’t have a teacher.’ And I couldn’t believe it. I couldn’t take that in.”

People who trade on this grief and tragedy to promote their conspiracy are, again, at best deeply mistaken in a way that's hard to forgive, given the ongoing trauma it caused to the parents of those actual victims, mostly children.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
A ten minute 'movie'? :nono:

Again, you said " "Wheeler and his wife are known actors with significant film credits even Hollywood productions no less."

Where are the significant film credits and/or Hollywood productions?

Any Joe can put together a 10 minute short.
You may not find Hollywood film credits, I thought there were. They ARE both actors and/or performance artists. The video you need to debunk, if you want to continue debunking, is the one from Sofia Smallstorm that I posted to you. The acting history of the Wheelers is only a minor sidebar.

WizardofOz

You may not find Hollywood film credits, I thought there were. They ARE both actors and/or performance artists. The video you need to debunk, if you want to continue debunking, is the one from Sofia Smallstorm that I posted to you. The acting history of the Wheelers is only a minor sidebar.

I will watch it later. I am at work right now so I don't have sound on my PC :e4e:

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Vox, what a joke.
What you did there is what people who can't address testimony do. I don't have a particularly high opinion of Fox News network, but it doesn't stop me from understanding when they produce facts and testimony, like either or not, biased in their motivation or not.

The guy was there, which is more than you will ever say. I'm sorry that it doesn't fit your fantasy camp narrative and that it fails to serve the ongoing harm that sort of undisciplined hooey works on genuine victims, but that's life for you. It's just filled with disappointed theorists. I'd use the better word but I like staying under the one infraction total.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
The solution to 1984 is 1776 -

Declaration-of-Independence.jpg

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
I've been getting into the 'moon landings' lately.
Now I know you're pullin' my leg. :chuckle: I wonder why we haven't been back in nearly 50 years. The technology is so much better now. I've seen the videos and the reasons why we did not put men on the moon. I have serious doubts we did.

Last edited:

SaulToPaul 2

Now I know you're pullin' my leg. :chuckle: I wonder why we haven't been back in nearly 50 years. The technology is so much better now. I've seen the videos and the reasons why we did not put men on the moon. I have serious doubts we did.

I'm serious PJ!

I've been watching some videos. I seriously doubt it too.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
I wonder why we haven't been back in nearly 50 years.
Why would we unless we were going to establish a base and had a compelling reason for that? Most of what we wanted to do in space commercially and scientifically is accomplished more easily and with less expense using other means, like the space station...which you may or may not believe is real. The main reason we went to the moon to begin with (a thing I believe for some of the reasons I gave you to read, the improbable nature of a fairly leakless conspiracy across decades and a great many people, the word of some fairly exemplary people involved, actual evidence in the form of materials taken from the moon, video of the events and other documentation, the fact that serious scientists involved in the fields find the whole thing laughable, etc.) was largely to inspire and to beat the Soviets doing it.

I've seen the videos and the reasons why we did not put men on the moon.
I've seen videos of cats playing a piano.

I have serious doubts we did.
You have doubts you believe are serious, but that's a bit different.

True story: in 2002 a guy with no science background, a fellow named Bart Sibrel, ambushed Buzz Alderin (then 72) in Los Angeles outside of the Beverly Hills Hotel. Sibrel demanded Alderin swear to his moon landing on the Bible, which he mistakenly poked Buzz with while calling him a liar, coward and thief. So the much older Buzz clocked him with a right hand.

Buzz understood two essential truths: first, that reason is wasted on those who don't arrive at their conclusions by that means; secondly, never poke a bear unless you are prepared for the consequences. Apparently Sibrel is a big deal among the "we never passed a college course in science" adherents who comprise the backbone of the no-landing movement. Now there literally isn't a point raised by that peculiar fringe that hasn't been rebutted by serious people with serious credentials and a depth of understanding of science rarely evidenced by those advancing nonsense and misdirection in the service of the conspiracy theory, but here's a link to someone who addressed the 15 reasons Sibrel gave for initially becoming involved in promoting this malarkey just for the heck of it: link.

And in honor of Mr. Sibrel's efforts, here's a video of a cat playing piano.