Quitting Smoking

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
I have been killing myself for decades. I just want to be free from cigarettes and breath fresh air again, but I keep waiting. I'm up to more than 2 packs a day everyday. I am so addicted and I think it's mostly mental, I think of a cigarette at all times, in fact I'm smoking one right now. I AM quitting soon, I've had enough. Anybody else hooked and wanting to quit and be free again? We can talk about it here !!!
What's your brand? I roll my own, American Spirits. I smoke 4-6 cigrits (Bubbles) a day during the week, in the mornings. Then I move to smokeless for the afternoon. I skip weekends.

At two packs a day you're definitely physically addicted to nicotine, it's a medical issue and if you can afford it or have good insurance you should talk to your doctor about quitting. It's not a moral thing, it's a medical condition.

I pray as much of the rosary as I can as often as I can, it keeps me focusing on what the LORD God wants me to focus on, as an extension of my Catholic faith, which advises and recommends praying the rosary first and foremost, to imbue all your concerns and worries and insecurities and fears and limitations and needs for a miracle, into those words. They are right words, and they are directed at right parties. As an extension of my Catholic faith.

Quitting smoking, is a medical matter, not a moral matter.

Good luck. I will pray for you, when I'm praying the rosary. I always include as many people with myself as possible, in my petitions, "Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses," and, "Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death," and, "Lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy."

:)

john w

Hall of Fame

I pray as much of the rosary as I can as often as I can, it keeps me focusing on what the LORD God wants me to focus on, as an extension of my Catholic faith, which advises and recommends praying the rosary first and foremost, ....Good luck. I will pray for you, when I'm praying the rosary....
I smoked a few rosary,'s, and bongs, being a former Roman, and that helped me quit smoking...I will pray for you, PJ, and there is no such thing as "luck," as the LORD God is in charge...

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Get a Vape pen Patrick, it seems like smoking although it isn't, it gives you the nicotine which you can slowly wean from. John W is correct the physical part is difficult but, the mental part is what keeps you coming back, that is where the reprogramming needs to begin, the vape pen is great replacement for that. It was the cigarette in the morning with coffee, after meals, with a beer, fill in the blank, we get programmed, and the absence of it at these times causes almost more of a mental craving than the physical. After a while you just find you forget about it, I would say try the vape pen it works, and it is 99% less harmful than smoking cigarettes, you won't stink, you will feel better, costs less money, check it out.
Thanks Rocketman, I tried to vape but it just doesn't do anything for me, it just seems like fake smoking, make believe or pretending. I just doesn't satisfy me.
I know you can choose flavors and that is good, I like the flavors.

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
Quitting smoking is an easy enough thing to do.

I should know, I 'quit smoking' hundreds of times over 50+ yrs. as a smoker. :eek:

The trick, at least for me, was in becoming an ex-smoker or non-smoker. It was a simple change in how I mentally processed my self identity. But it gave me something to BE beyond just quitting. :think:

Aug. 22, 2017 will be my 9th anniversary as a non-smoker.
Congratulations Foxy, I will join you soon

patrick jane

BANNED
Banned
What's your brand? I roll my own, American Spirits. I smoke 4-6 cigrits (Bubbles) a day during the week, in the mornings. Then I move to smokeless for the afternoon. I skip weekends.

At two packs a day you're definitely physically addicted to nicotine, it's a medical issue and if you can afford it or have good insurance you should talk to your doctor about quitting. It's not a moral thing, it's a medical condition.

I pray as much of the rosary as I can as often as I can, it keeps me focusing on what the LORD God wants me to focus on, as an extension of my Catholic faith, which advises and recommends praying the rosary first and foremost, to imbue all your concerns and worries and insecurities and fears and limitations and needs for a miracle, into those words. They are right words, and they are directed at right parties. As an extension of my Catholic faith.

Quitting smoking, is a medical matter, not a moral matter.

Good luck. I will pray for you, when I'm praying the rosary. I always include as many people with myself as possible, in my petitions, "Give us this day our daily bread, and forgive us our trespasses," and, "Pray for us sinners, now and at the hour of our death," and, "Lead all souls to heaven, especially those in most need of Thy mercy."

:)
Thanks Nihilo, I used to smoke Marlboro until about 15 years ago when they became too expensive. I smoke a brand called Exeter now, they are similar to Marlboro. I'm still on the Marlboro mailing list, they send me a Birthday card every year !!

Nihilo

BANNED
Banned
Thanks Nihilo, I used to smoke Marlboro until about 15 years ago when they became too expensive. I smoke a brand called Exeter now, they are similar to Marlboro. I'm still on the Marlboro mailing list, they send me a Birthday card every year !!
:chuckle: I used to smoke reds in the softpacks. It takes some doing, but rolling my own (with a machine and tubes, not rolling papers) with the right tobacco (additive-free), is the best smoke I've ever had, plus it's significantly cheaper. Smokeless tobacco also is healthier than smoking, no matter what the government won't let them say about that.

SaulToPaul 2

I smoked a few rosary,'s, and bongs, being a former Roman, and that helped me quit smoking...I will pray for you, PJ, and there is no such thing as "luck," as the LORD God is in charge...

Were you like Ange, take a few puffs and toss it aside?
He only smoked if he was delivering a baby, or if Luke Comstock came to visit.

john w

Hall of Fame
Were you like Ange, take a few puffs and toss it aside?
He only smoked if he was delivering a baby, or if Luke Comstock came to visit.

Oh, you're a real "Marlboro Man," ain't ya, wise guy? Why don't you call up them big Hollywood big shots, out there in Caleefornyay, and tell them that you take off on Ward Cleaver, and want to audition for a pipe smoking commercial, Sam? I'd bet they'd get a kick out of you...

SaulToPaul 2

Oh, you're a real "Marlboro Man," ain't ya, wise guy? Why don't you call up them big Hollywood big shots, out there in Caleefornyay, and tell them that you take off on Ward Cleaver, and want to audition for a pipe smoking commercial, Sam? I'd bet they'd get a kick out of you...

Oh sure! I bet you were a regular Humphrey Bogart, "Here's lookin at you kid" every time you gave your lady friends a light. (Smooooooooooth)

john w

Hall of Fame
Oh sure! I bet you were a regular Humphrey Bogart, "Here's lookin at you kid" every time you gave your lady friends a light. (Smooooooooooth)

I take off on Humphrey Bogart...Watch..."Play it again, Sam..." Wait, that was Woody, to Sam "Mayday" Malone.......I hear that you take off on Mayday Malone....17 strike outs with chicks, at your local tavern....Not smooth, Sam...

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
smoking%201.jpg

smoking%204.jpg

smoking_and_drinking.jpg

casabogietux-cl2-shrtcuffs.jpg

What is a gentleman to do....