On Consent

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Do you guys actually believe that if anyone just gives you consent that it makes it OK for you to follow through with the consent?

The law is clear on the difference between consensual sex and rape. 'Yes can mean no' is not a legal matter, it is a matter of women making poor choices and then trying to criminalize someone else for it.

Civil law gives consent to abortion, adultery, murder of babies.

Adultery is still illegal in many states, it just isn't taken very seriously anymore because the sanctity of marriage is being seen as frivolous by the sheer rate of divorce.

Women are are the divorcers, being 2/3 of those whoit leave their spouse. In the event of adultery, they'll use the Bible to justify it, but it's still plain enmity- God hates divorce either way. Nothing really justifies splitting a family.

If an unmarried person (male or female) gives you consent to have sex with them, is is now OK for you to follow through with that consent?

Is this where you pretend a single soul on here never had premarital relations, or relations in between marriages?

~~Oh, but that's different~~

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
it is a matter of women making poor choices
And men.

Adultery is still illegal in many states, it just isn't taken very seriously anymore
It is taken seriously by me.

Women are are the divorcers,
And men.

In the event of adultery, they'll use the Bible to justify it,
And men.

Is this where you pretend a single soul on here never had premarital relations, or relations in between marriages?
I have never consented to having sex with anyone other than the man I married, and only after we were married.

How about you, Cru?
Ever had sex with someone that you were not married to?
If so, what made you think it was OK to do so?

Tambora

Get your armor ready!
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Avoiding accountability.

Avoiding accountability.

Avoiding accountability.
Nope.
Putting accountability on the person, whether male or female.

And I'm Zeus, the patricidal king of gods.
Is that your way of saying that you did indeed consent to have sex with someone that was not your spouse?
Too ashamed to answer with a clear yes or no, huh?

I can.
I have never consented to have sex with anyone other than the one I was married to.

Crucible

BANNED
Banned
Is that your way of saying that you did indeed consent to have sex with someone that was not your spouse?
Too ashamed to answer with a clear yes or no, huh?

Yes, I have had premarital relations. I'm not a liar, you see, and the more you emphasize 'consent' in your declaration there, the more dubious you are to me in general :rolleyes:

Arthur Brain

Bet on it. The whole "gender switching" thing is just the start...get kids aware of not just the binary fact of their sex (m/f) but of sexuality.

It would be a very silly bet to make as all the evidence points to the contrary. There's zero tolerance for paedophilia over here, laws in regards to the stringent protection of children reflect that. Crackdowns on child trafficking rings, high profile cases of celebrities being prosecuted for crimes going back to the 70's etc.

Slippery slope fallacies disregard facts.