College Football 2016

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I will start with the extra curricular activities. Baylor did just as bad as Penn State. Only they didn't do it as long. Penn State covered up rape of children. Baylor covered up rape of adults. Art Briles is fired. He was the head coach.

Verne Lundquist, one of my favorites is retiring in 2017. One of ABC/ESPN's best broadcasters Brad Nessler is going to CBS. He will join with Gary Danielson.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
But anyway, Dalvin Cook who nearly missed last season with baggage of his own will run wild over the ACC this year. FSU has the talent to go all the way.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Some are saying Art Briles should only get a 1 year suspension for covering up rape at Baylor. For the casual fan, don't ever think a coach doesn't know that it is going on. His players are watched. Everywhere. Sure, they can get a DUI or steal crab legs. But the coach knew before we did.

I guess there could be some recruiting news. A former Ohio State recruit is going to go to Pitt instead. He could make an immediate impact, and get them closer to a showdown they aren't ready for with Florida State.

Jim Harbaugh is being Jim Harbaugh. And the SEC hates his football camps in their back yard.

Kirby Smart has a strong recruiting class going at Georgia. Then again, it isn't like Mark Richt was short on talent.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Next week is game week. The short version is that Florida State, Alabama, and Ohio State are the most talented teams again. Clemson is barely a notch away. FSU has a QB problem in that Sean Maguire has a foot injury. He sat most of last year because ND graduate transfer Gholston had a lot of experience. By the end of the season, Fisher found out Maguire is the man.

Ohio State has more talent than last year, but has a bunch of turn over.

Alabama has a bunch of talent, so much so that some 5 star recruits are transferring out because they won't see the field.

Christian McCaffrey of Stanford should have won the Heisman in a landslide. Sure, Henry and Elliot were NFL can't miss prospects. But the Heisman is not that award. He broke Barry Sanders's all purpose yards record. He had something like 3800 yards last year, and he isn't the QB. Think about it. Look for him to torch the Pac 12.

And with that, I leave a memory or two from last year.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Alabama is on top of the AP hill going into the season...with the cautionary note that few teams begin and end at the top. Of course, that was before the playoff, which has reduced the value of a #1 ranking and elevated the 3 and 4 spot. Now you just need to make sure you're somewhere from 1 to 4 and see what happens. Depending on what the qb play is like, Bama should have an excellent chance at ending in one of those spots and contending again for a National Championship.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I think nobody in power 5 this year runs the table during the regular season. FSU/Clemson have the best chance.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
No. 1 Alabama vs No. 20 USC. This seems like Alabama all the way. USC should always have talent, and they do. They can't seem to settle on a coach the last 10 years or so.

No. 4 FSU vs No. 11 Ole Miss. The SEC West won't seem too good unless half of the FSU roster is in a Tallahassee jail.

No. 5 LSU vs Wisconsin in a defacto home game at Lambeau field. Do it in October or November if you want to impress me. Leonard Fornette will look like the early favorite he is for the Heisman.

We have a good first week coming up.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
No. 1 Alabama vs No. 20 USC. This seems like Alabama all the way. USC should always have talent, and they do. They can't seem to settle on a coach the last 10 years or so.
It's a mystery why they can't manage that.

No. 4 FSU vs No. 11 Ole Miss. The SEC West won't seem too good unless half of the FSU roster is in a Tallahassee jail.
So...50/50 then.

No. 5 LSU vs Wisconsin in a defacto home game at Lambeau field. Do it in October or November if you want to impress me. Leonard Fornette will look like the early favorite he is for the Heisman.
Haven't paid any attention to the Badgers. Should I?

We have a good first week coming up.
About time.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Michigan has another 2 way player. Athletically, he is better than Woodson. And like Woodson, he is defense first. What Jabrill Peppers doesn't have is Woodson's football IQ. He had a good freshmen season.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
I'm off today. I'll try and get a mini preview of this weekend's games. Because it is a great start with some good games. And then there is Jim Harbaugh.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
So much for LSU. Alabama will be undefeated heading into the Iron Bowl. I didn't think OU was any where near number 3.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
The one thing I was worried about was addressed tonight. Two good qbs at Alabama. Oddly enough, the freshman was the one with poise and given his package. Absent coming unglued as things progress Alabama has an option at the position that it hasn't had in a while, if ever. The first quarter was about finding offensive feet. Injuries and a lack of composure on USC's part led to the margin, but a solid Alabama effort that accomplished about everything you could ask for.

Roll Tide.

And congrats to South Alabama for upsetting an SEC team. :e4e:

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Are you going to have some fun putting a Hurts on teams?

Yeah, I don't get the USC coaching lulls. They certainly helped Hurts. Talk about coaching breakdowns. Or one of two players on the blitz has a low football IQ.

Houston has back to back wins against top 5 teams in FSU and OU.

Nick Chubb is healthy. So Georgia is my immediate SEC East pick.

A&M will challenge in the West.

The Big Ten is back to Ohio State and Michigan. But I'm not sure if Ann Arbor can get past East Lansing on the field yet. Meyer said going in this team might be the best he has had, ever. And he rightly down played the blow out over a mid major.

Now I just need to see FSU live.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Led Miles gets fired in season, unless they win out and beat Bama. So yeah, the mad hatter is done.