College Football 2016

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The playoff is set, and it seems about right. Aside from having 3 other teams that probably have the same shot as 2, 3, and 4 do of beating Alabama this year.

8 teams, as many have stated from the start is the best choice.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
BCS computers, which are not used have the list as follows. This is the objective results. Who have you played, and what have they done. Ranked at the time does not factor in, as it should not. A preseason top 5 win that ends up with 5 losses is not a quality win like the SEC tries to claim. But anyway...

1. Alabama
  2. Ohio State
  3. Washington
  4. Clemson
  5. Penn State
  6. Michigan
  7. Oklahoma
  8. Wisconsin
  9. USC
  10. Western Michigan

Very close. Penn State and Michigan are tied in the objective scoring at number 5. Penn State and USC to the Rose Bowl. I think the committee should have sent Michigan. I believe in tradition, what can I say. And Michigan is much closer to USC than Penn State with talent. Penn State has an all world running back, but not much else. Please excuse the "rap" music in the highlight video. It isn't my doing.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The playoff is set, and it seems about right.

Once again, Penn State gets screwed.

In 1968 Penn State finished an undefeated 11-0, but was ranked #3

In 1969 Penn State finished its second consecutive undefeated season at 11-0, but was ranked #2.

In 1994 Penn State finished 12-0 but finished #2 to Nebraska, and couldn't play Nebraska because of the Big Ten's commitment to the Rose Bowl.

In 2016 Penn State won their Big Ten Division, won the Big Ten Championship, beat Ohio State, but didn't make the College Football Playoff.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The committee said of Penn State or Washington, Penn State was uncompetitive in a loss. And they lost to an 8-4 team. Being uncompetitive in losing 49-10 was the deciding factor.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
Michigan has arguably the best available high school football player. He is expected to announce tonight, likely Michigan. We shall see.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
He chose Michigan. The best running back is solid 5 star Cam Akers. He chose Florida State. They will remain loaded in talent.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
The committee said of Penn State or Washington, Penn State was uncompetitive in a loss. And they lost to an 8-4 team. Being uncompetitive in losing 49-10 was the deciding factor.

The Big 10 is getting embarrassed this bowl season.

All year, everyone kept going on and on about how great the Big 10 was. Well.....the Big 10 has sucked since the regular season ended.

And.......the next time you post that 72-0 score from twenty years ago....just remember, this year Pitt beat the two teams that beat Ohio State (Penn St & Clemson).

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pitt beat Clemson at Clemson this year.

Therefore, Alabama will destroy Clemson even more so than Clemson destroyed Ohio State.

My prediction:

Alabama 52
Clemson 14

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame

Therefore, Alabama will destroy Clemson even more so than Clemson destroyed Ohio State.

My prediction:

Alabama 52
Clemson 14
I feel better with Lane moving on. He was obviously too distracted of late and the impact of that on preparation and execution was easy to see. More, his play calling in the Washington game was awful. We ran our quarterback too often and our running backs not often enough. I look for that to be course corrected in the Championship game. Clemson looked terrific against Ohio State, but I'm not completely sure if that's their greatness or the match up or what.

I like our chances. Roll Tide. :)

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
:mock: The Big 10

Down goes Penn State and Iowa as the embarrassment continues for the Big 10.

Wisconsin got a win for the Big 10 today, but only because they played a Community College team.

Also......I would bet that had Penn State played Clemson, they would have scored more than 0 points.

drbrumley

My prediction:

Alabama 52
Clemson 14

I will flip that. Clemson wins going away and the reason I say that is Jalen Hurt cant beat them throwing. Clemson will load the box. Yards will be hard to get unless he can throw. I don't think he can against that defense.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Texas Tech University!

Go Red Raiders!

It figures that's your team.

In the 1983 draft, the Steelers chose Texas Tech's Gabriel Rivera instead of Dan Marino.

If that wasn't bad enough, Rivera was paralyzed from drunk driving after just 6 games.

Other than Rivera, Michael Crabtree, and Wes Walker, I can't think of any other Texas Tech player.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
The Big Ten is the best and only the ACC is close. Pitt lost to Norhwestern.

Jerry Shugart

Other than Rivera, Michael Crabtree, and Wes Walker, I can't think of any other Texas Tech player.

Zach Tomas, who played for Miami, was a great linebacker, received seven Pro Bowl selections, five first-team All-Pro selections, and the honor of being on the 2000’s all-decade team.

E.J. Holub had a great career, was a five time American Football League All-Star. He was an All-Star playing Center for the Kansas City Chiefs and was also an All-Star playing Linebacker for the same team. He played in two Super Bowls, one year at Center and the other year as a Linebacker. He was the most versatile player during the Super Bowl era.

Donny Anderson (who lived on my wing at Sneed Hall) was a two-time All American as a Running Back, and as a rookie with the Green Bay Packers in 1966 Anderson signed the largest contract in NFL history worth three years and $600,000. He was named to the Pro Bowl and was a four time NFL champion and member of the Packer's Hall of Fame. In the Ice Bowl between the Packers and the Cowboys he kept many drives alive by catching passes out of the backfield, sad to say.

Receiver Dave Parks was the number one selection in the 1964 NFL Draft, going to San Francisco. In 1965 he lead the NFL with 80 catches, 1,344 yards and 12 touchdowns. Parks was honored three times as a Pro Bowl selection.

Running Back Timmy Smith played for the Redskins and he still owns the record for rushing in a Super Bowl with 204 yards in Super Bowl 22 against Denver.

Wide Receiver Danny Amendola plays for the Patriots and has had 339 career receptions in the NFL for 3,187 yards and 13 touchdowns. He also scored a touchdown in the New England Patriots’ Super Bowl victory in 2015.

Louis Vasquez played Guard for San Diego then after signing with Denver in 2013 he played in Super Bowl 48 and he was selected to participate in the 2014 Pro Bowl.

Quarterback Billie Joe Tolliver threw for 10,760 yards and 59 touchdowns for several different teams in the NFL.

Byron "Bam" Morris played for your team and he rushed for 73 yards and one touchdown in the Super Bowl which Dallas won.

Tight End Andre Tillman played five seasons for the Miami Dolphins who drafted him in the second round of the 1974 NFL Draft.

There were many other players from Tech who played in the NFL but did not have great careers there.

tetelestai

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Pitt lost to Norhwestern.

Only because Pitt's starting QB, and starting RB had to leave the game because of concussions.

The Big Ten is the best

Then why does the Big 10 have a 3-7 bowl record this year?

Why did Ohio State get destroyed by Clemson?

Wisconsin beat a Community College team, and Northwestern won because the other team lost its starting QB and RB. Only Minnesota won legitimately. The other seven Big 10 teams all lost.