chrysostom

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
What did you get at the grocery store?

haven't gone yet - in the middle of switching a lock tumbler on my shop door - been searching all over for an inch and a quarter spade bit, gonna hafta settle on a 1" or a 1.5" - came up to google lock installation

back to it :wave2:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
haven't gone yet - in the middle of switching a lock tumbler on my shop door - been searching all over for an inch and a quarter spade bit, gonna hafta settle on a 1" or a 1.5" - came up to google lock installation

back to it :wave2:

Good luck with that.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
We should work on being objective and not so much subjective.

Part of that's the difference between men and women, though. We think differently, and we perceive differently. It's good for each of us to go with our instincts for what each idea requires. Are you talking about something in a scientific way or a philosophical way? Are you talking about behavior, or personality? A BIG IDEA or the minutiae of daily life? What's big can be made little and what's little can be made big. I've learned a lot from watching the interactions here. A real education in human nature.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Just the men.

Oh, women can be jerks too. I've encountered a few. :chuckle:

But I did try to remember that they were a real person with real joys and real sorrows. Depending on the person though, that exercise usually ended in failure. :eek: I can only do so much with myself. I know what I'm capable of and how many times I've had to hold myself back and sometimes I didn't. We're all human.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I miss how you used to talk about what you had for lunch. It showed the human everyday side of you, it was relatable, and endearing.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Part of that's the difference between men and women, though. We think differently, and we perceive differently. It's good for each of us to go with our instincts for what each idea requires. Are you talking about something in a scientific way or a philosophical way? Are you talking about behavior, or personality? A BIG IDEA or the minutiae of daily life? What's big can be made little and what's little can be made big. I've learned a lot from watching the interactions here. A real education in human nature.

I am talking big, absolute, objective, like the killing of babies.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I miss how you used to talk about what you had for lunch. It showed the human everyday side of you, it was relatable, and endearing.

I also miss all that but there are those who encouraged me to look elsewhere and for that I am grateful. The blog has been a real challenge but I have reached 50 countries. People who are connected and searching for answers. Kenya is one of my latest. Why would anyone in Kenya pay attention to me? Somehow they found me thanks to WordPress. Think about it.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I am talking big, absolute, objective, like the killing of babies.

You can talk about that of course - but you don't have to exclude talking about anything else. It doesn't make that particular big subject any less important, chrys. If you believe in a hell, you're going to believe people get there for a lot of different reasons, not just that one.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I also miss all that but there are those who encouraged me to look elsewhere and for that I am grateful. The blog has been a real challenge but I have reached 60 countries. People who are connected and searching for answers. Kenya is one of my latest. Why would anyone in Kenya pay attention to me? Somehow they found me thanks to WorldPress. Think about it.

It's good you did it, because the challenge isn't only rewarding it's good for your brain. It's impressive you've reached 60 countries, and when I visited I added California to your list of states.

I love the idea of connecting with people in the mind-to-mind way that happens online. It's not real life, no, but it is a real virtual life that's actually a part of real life. Your mind can meet another mind that you're not able to meet in real life. These longtime friends I'm meeting up with tonight, I love them and appreciate them and I'm glad they're in my life - but we NEVER talk politics and rarely talk religion.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
I have to go now. I'll look for you elsewhere. Eventually. In time. I'll need some time.

Thanks for this tonight. Happy New Year.