chrysostom

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a femocrat is
A Typo
and the spell checker will put a red line under it unless you add it to your dictionary. It is an easy mistake to make since the f is so close to the d. Putting femocrat in the dictionary is a deliberate attempt to conflate the democrat with the feminist with all due respect for the Australians who are way ahead of us. At least a half day.
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
vote like
A Man
to increase order and minimize chaos. We really don't have enough men but don't worry there are plenty of women who still vote like a man. If you like chaos, you may be part of the problem. If you are worried about climate change, you are definitely part of the problem. Please don't tell your kids. They have enough to worry about and it might scare them.
Home

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
A Red Religion
There's your problem.

Why Did America Lose Its Religion? Thank the Internet.
By Hemant Mehta, September 27, 2019
In an article for The Atlantic, writer Derek Thompson recognizes the rise of the non-religious. In 1990, we were roughly 8% of the U.S. population. By 2000, we were 14%. By 2010, 18%. It’s about 23% now. It keeps going up and there’s no sign of the trend slowing down.

What Thompson wants to know is what happened around 1990 — that’s the year he pinpoints — that caused the percentage to begin its upward trajectory.​
According to Christian Smith, a sociology and religion professor at the University of Notre Dame, America’s nonreligious lurch has mostly been the result of three historical events: the association of the Republican Party with the Christian right, the end of the Cold War, and 9/11.​

Thompson goes in more depth about each of those theories and there’s validity to all of them. He also points out, correctly, that religious institutions in general have shot themselves in the foot. The Catholic Church became mired in sexual abuse scandals while evangelicals were continuing their high-profile financial ones.

But the way Thompson phrased his question may be why he missed the most obvious answer. He asks, “What the hell happened around 1990?” But if you look at the graph, the answer is “nothing significant.” The number went up… but barely. If you’re looking for when the “rise” really began, you have to look to at least the mid-1990s.

When you start there, the answer becomes obvious: It’s the internet.

He may be on to something there. People were suddenly able to move outside their geographical, sociological, and religious zones with an ease never possible before. Ask questions. Question authority.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
People were suddenly able to move outside their geographical, sociological, and religious zones with an ease never possible before. Ask questions. Question authority.

But they are not happy. Transgenders are committing suicide at 20 times the normal rate. Others are searching for meaning and finding it with Jordan Peterson. You have rejected how you were raised and haven't found anything to replace it except hatred for Trump. For you and others man is somehow in the way and you can't seem to find satisfaction in just being a woman.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
But they are not happy. Transgenders are committing suicide at 20 times the normal rate. Others are searching for meaning and finding it with Jordan Peterson. You have rejected how you were raised and haven't found anything to replace it except hatred for Trump. For you and others man is somehow in the way and you can't seem to find satisfaction in just being a woman.

You have no idea what you're talking about. Do you think the only life I lead is on TOL? Or even online? :chuckle:

I wonder how I managed to get a degree these past years, take care of my elderly parents until they passed, stay in touch with my friends and spend countless happy and enjoyable hours with my family? They love me and I love them, and that's what matters, not what you think about me. Not ever what you think about me.

Now on to the interesting part:

Exactly what does "finding satisfaction in just being a woman" even mean to you? You're a man. What would you even know about it and why do you think you even have the wherewithal to think you can speak for me, or any other woman?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
What would you even know about it and why do you think you even have the wherewithal to think you can speak for me, or any other woman?

There are a lot of women in my life and they all have to deal with the lie of feminism. Having a career is more important than being a mother. The children suffer. Everyone suffers and man is always the one who is to blame. You can't be happy with what you have. Killing babies is somehow necessary in order to be equal. It is the number one priority of feminists.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
There are a lot of women in my life and they all have to deal with the lie of feminism. Having a career is more important than being a mother. The children suffer. Everyone suffers and man is always the one who is to blame. You can't be happy with what you have. Killing babies is somehow necessary in order to be equal. It is the number one priority of feminists.

Sorry, that's a non-answer. You don't get to decide if I am, or any woman is, "satisfied in just being a woman." How arrogant.

And your constant narrative of putting words in other people's mouths - have you always done that? Or is it just more noticeable these days?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I've never had an abortion, I've never contemplated an abortion. You know this.

This is not about you. It is about all the good women who remain silent while the feminist dictate the agenda. They are telling you what you need to believe. Abortion, climate change, toxic masculinity, etc. Start thinking for yourself. Don't let them control your thinking and your life.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
order and chaos
A Choice
we all have to make. Life is a choice and it won't affect climate change. The pope has been working with Soros and the United Nations on the most important issue. Climate change. It is called population control. That of course includes abortion. Call it chaos. Something the femocrats are very comfortable with. An Unholy Alliance
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
climate change not
A Choice
without consequences. Killing your baby is a choice but climate change is not. You will be punished. You will not get research grants. You will not get published. You will not get a chance to talk. The media, the Femocratic Party, the pope, and the bishops have determined that climate change is the most important issue. There will be no discussion. There will be consequences.
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it's
A Lie
that many believed. If you bought it, you are stupid. If you are selling it, you are stupid or a liar. The lie is climate change. It is being used to distract you from other issues like abortion. What is like abortion? The killing of babies. The Femocratic Party supports it but they would rather talk about climate change. Who wants to talk about killing babies? Can't we talk about something else? Like impeachment?
Home