chrysostom

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Donohue is getting $400K a year

What does that have to do with anything?

What did you think of the league's opinion of the KC study?

Yes I still believe
Almost as much as Michael Voris

What happened to Jordan Peterson? Did you throw him under the bus too? (Not that I'd mind..)

I will never leave
I will continue to fight for the Church

What if you said something good about it for a change? Who's going to want to be in a church you trash, post after post?

Who are you rooting for?

Pope Francis.

Catholics who love like Jean Vanier.

But I don't know how much I believe what the Church believes.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
silence
A Problem
that allowed the corruption of the Church. At first silence was used to protect the Church and the clergy. Now it is being used to normalize the very thing that destroyed our trust. They are not being silent about homophobes and rigid dogmas. They are not talking about abortion. They are talking about climate change. What's wrong with you people?
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
don't be such
A Rigid Dogmatic Person
who doesn't understand that we are all sinners. What is needed now is mercy, forgiveness, and money. Yes we understand that men are taking advantage of younger vulnerable males but the problem is clericalism and it is not as bad as you think it is. All this talk is just making it worse. Time and money is all we need to fix the problem. Trust us.
Home

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
I take no pleasure in saying this, but it seems to me that you need this all to be about homosexuality. You need a scapegoat because for any of it to be about the Church is unthinkable to you. I understand that. It's the underpinning of everything we've been taught about the Church, that it's the one true Church, the gates of hell shall not prevail against it. Without that belief, what do we have?
The Church confesses to being composed of sinners and therefore being full of sin. All the while also confessing that the Church herself is holy. So we need to specify which "Church" is meant. The Church that the Lord promised would not be overcome by the gates of hell, seems to me to be the real Church in some sense, or perhaps the primary Church. When we talk about the Church's teachings, we are using a different word now, the word Church that means the uniformly teaching authentic Church teachers. For Catholics these are the Catholic bishops, and they all teach the same things in matters of faith and morals. I think the Lord's promise is true in the primary sense of Church, and in this sense where Church denotes the Magisterium's teachings. But His promise is based upon the historical fact of His Resurrection. If that was a hoax, then the whole thing is a sham.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
tolerance
A Goal
for everyone. We are all sinners but don't make it worse with condemnation. Abortion, divorce, and same sex marriage are not that bad. Too much emphasis on life, marriage, and family will make others uncomfortable. Don't forget about climate change and immigration. You can't ignore that. Know what is important. Listen to what the bishops say.
Home

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Listen to what the bishops say.
Especially listen to what they say in all matters of faith and morals, because it is in these matters that they themselves say that they possess a charism of infallibility when teaching faith and morals, and in no other matters. And what they all say in all matters of faith and morals is recorded in the Catechism of the Catholic Church.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a blue church
A Red Religion
a war between the femocrats and the republimans. Thanks to Jordan Peterson it is now a fair fight. He brings reason, logic, scientific facts, and a scary mix of religion which automatically makes him an enemy of the left. They thought Trump was a problem. Now they have to deal with Jordan Peterson. A Glitch in the Matrix.
Home

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
tolerance
A Goal
for everyone. We are all sinners but don't make it worse with condemnation. Abortion, divorce, and same sex marriage are not that bad. Too much emphasis on life, marriage, and family will make others uncomfortable. Don't forget about climate change and immigration. You can't ignore that. Know what is important. Listen to what the bishops say.
Home

So many straw men...

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
money
A Necessary Evil
that will lead to the real problem. It's called a second collection, a capital campaign, a charity, an appeal, etc. We are called to be stewards. That includes wondering where all the money is going. Our trust cannot be blind. Pay attention to what they are saying. What they are asking for. You can't trust them with your kids. Why should you trust them with your money?
Home

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
money
A Necessary Evil
that will lead to the real problem. It's called a second collection, a capital campaign, a charity, an appeal, etc. We are called to be stewards. That includes wondering where all the money is going. Our trust cannot be blind. Pay attention to what they are saying. What they are asking for. You can't trust them with your kids. Why should you trust them with your money?
Home

Your offering is voluntary. By all means, use it elsewhere to help the struggling single parent, the immigrant, the children who rely on school lunches and breakfasts, the homeless. Isn't that what Jesus would do?