chrysostom

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
your Catholic money
A Slush Fund
for the Democratic Party which supports abortion. You will find organizations like the Brazilian Worker Center which received $55,000 from the Catholic Campaign for Human Development if you check the complete list at CCHD GRANTEES. Know where the money is going. They are not charities. They are political action groups that support the Democratic Party that supports abortion.
Home

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
From the '[Catechism of the Church]:'

Abortion

Spoiler
Human life must be respected and protected absolutely from the moment of conception. From the first moment of his existence, a human being must be recognized as having the rights of a person - among which is the inviolable right of every innocent being to life.

Before I formed you in the womb I knew you, and before you were born I consecrated you. Jeremiah 1:5; cf. Job 10:8-12; Psalm 22:10-11.

My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately wrought in the depths of the earth. Psalm 139:15.​

Spoiler
Since the first century the Church has affirmed the moral evil of every procured abortion. This teaching has not changed and remains unchangeable. Direct abortion, that is to say, abortion willed either as an end or a means, is gravely contrary to the moral law:

You shall not kill the embryo by abortion and shall not cause the newborn to perish.

God, the Lord of life, has entrusted to men the noble mission of safeguarding life, and men must carry it out in a manner worthy of themselves. Life must be protected with the utmost care from the moment of conception: abortion and infanticide are abominable crimes.​

Spoiler
Formal cooperation in an abortion constitutes a grave offense. The Church attaches the canonical penalty of excommunication to this crime against human life. A person who procures a completed abortion incurs excommunication 'latae sententiae,' by the very commission of the offense, and subject to the conditions provided by Canon Law. The Church does not thereby intend to restrict the scope of mercy. Rather, she makes clear the gravity of the crime committed, the irreparable harm done to the innocent who is put to death, as well as to the parents and the whole of society.

Spoiler
The inalienable right to life of every innocent human individual is a constitutive element of a civil society and its legislation:

The inalienable rights of the person must be recognized and respected by civil society and the political authority. These human rights depend neither on single individuals nor on parents; nor do they represent a concession made by society and the state; they belong to human nature and are inherent in the person by virtue of the creative act from which the person took his origin. Among such fundamental rights one should mention in this regard every human being's right to life and physical integrity from the moment of conception until death.

The moment a positive law deprives a category of human beings of the protection which civil legislation ought to accord them, the state is denying the equality of all before the law. When the state does not place its power at the service of the rights of each citizen, and in particular of the more vulnerable, the very foundations of a state based on law are undermined. As a consequence of the respect and protection which must be ensured for the unborn child from the moment of conception, the law must provide appropriate penal sanctions for every deliberate violation of the child's rights.​

Spoiler
Since it must be treated from conception as a person, the embryo must be defended in its integrity, cared for, and healed, as far as possible, like any other human being.

Prenatal diagnosis is morally licit, if it respects the life and integrity of the embryo and the human fetus and is directed toward its safe guarding or healing as an individual. It is gravely opposed to the moral law when this is done with the thought of possibly inducing an abortion, depending upon the results: a diagnosis must not be the equivalent of a death sentence.

Spoiler
One must hold as licit procedures carried out on the human embryo which respect the life and integrity of the embryo and do not involve disproportionate risks for it, but are directed toward its healing the improvement of its condition of health, or its individual survival.

It is immoral to produce human embryos intended for exploitation as disposable biological material.

Certain attempts to influence chromosomic or genetic inheritance are not therapeutic but are aimed at producing human beings selected according to sex or other predetermined qualities. Such manipulations are contrary to the personal dignity of the human being and his integrity and identity which are unique and unrepeatable.

I'm still trying to figure out how teaching the above constitutes the Church supporting abortion.

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
It is what you do
and
not what you say
In Matthew 23, Christ says, "The scribes and the Pharisees sit in Moses’ seat: 3 All therefore whatsoever they bid you observe, that observe and do; but do not ye after their works: for they say, and do not." We are to "observe and do" what the bishops 'bid us observe,' just as in the Old Covenant. The Pope (and all the bishops in communion with the papacy) sits in St. Peter's seat, instead of in Moses' seat, and there are many things different between the Old and New Covenants, but this is not one of them. We "observe and do" according to what they bid us observe, not "after their works."

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
poverty, war, and injustice
A Common Theme
that does not include abortion. The Catholic Campaign for Helping Democrats ignores abortion. CCHD GRANTEES are all about unions, immigration, minimum wage, women issues, and the environment but apparently abortion is not an injustice. The people involved with these grantees have no place to go but the Democratic Party that supports abortion. The bishops know this. Do you know what they are doing with your money?
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
not a charity but
A Political Action Group
that supports issues owned by the Democratic Party that supports abortion. Let's look at another example of the CCHD GRANTEES that has received money from the Catholic Campaign for Helping Democrats. "CONECT has made an impact on issues as varied as gun violence, health insurance rates, police reform, immigrant rights, and more." Does more include abortion? I don't think so. Are these issues associated with the Democratic Party that supports abortion? I think so.
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
the unborn baby
A Human Development
that is not covered by the Catholic Campaign For Human Development. Another example of the CCHD GRANTEES that have received money from the Catholic Campaign for Helping Democrats is the Naugatuck Valley Project. "The Project focuses on the development of the leadership qualities and organizing skills of scores of low and moderate income people as they engage in citizen action and democratic economic development campaigns. " The bishops talk about abortion but the money just goes to organizations that are associated with the Democratic Party which supports abortion.
Home

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
just think what you can do
A Crisis in the Church
that you can't ignore. Just do it. Do something. You can make a difference. First think. Think and do. Identify the problem. We are losing our values. Start with life. Start with the life of a child. Stop right there. We need to protect the life of the child. Once the child is protected, then and only then can we go on to climate change. Is that so hard to understand? So if your bishop starts talking about climate change, you know he can't be trusted.
Home

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
A Crisis in the Church
that you can't ignore. Just do it. Do something. You can make a difference. First think. Think and do. Identify the problem. We are losing our values. Start with life. Start with the life of a child. Stop right there. We need to protect the life of the child. Once the child is protected, then and only then can we go on to climate change. Is that so hard to understand? So if your bishop starts talking about climate change, you know he can't be trusted.
Home
I agree with the priority, but not the approach. Do the good you can do, wherever and whenever you can do it. Some of it will come easily and some will take generations. If you make the latter a bar to the former you don't make the world more virtuous, you make the latter less likely.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
A Crisis in the Church
Home

Ridiculous. You're treating people as one dimensional automatons incapable of holding more than one concern at a time.

Are you willing to have your taxes pay for paid maternity care, family leave, aid to families with dependent children, federal lunch programs, after school programs, disability, universal medical care, long-term care, medicare, social security, environmentally clean air, waterways, parks, subsidized housing, consumer protection, and on and on and on?

If not, then how are you going to take care of the baby?

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber
Are you willing to have your taxes pay for paid maternity care, family leave, aid to families with dependent children, federal lunch programs, after school programs, disability, universal medical care, long-term care, medicare, social security,

No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, and no.

environmentally clean air,

Not sure. Seems like the private sector could do a pretty good job of keeping the air clean, though how much, if at all, the government should be involved isn't something I've studied much.

Though, I wouldn't' consider "clean air" to be infrastructure...

waterways, parks,

Yes and yes.

subsidized housing, consumer protection,

No and no.

and on and on and on?

Depends.

If not, then how are you going to take care of the baby?

By using the money that we still have due to not being taxed through our noses for things that the private industry should be able to provide and that the government has no business sticking their noses in (basically, everything that I said "no" to above) to help those in need, that being, in this case, the mother and her child, though, as doser said, the primary caregiver should be the mother and the father.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, and no.

Oh yes.

By using the money that we still have due to not being taxed through our noses for things that the private industry should be able to provide and that the government has no business sticking their noses in (basically, everything that I said "no" to above) to help those in need, that being, in this case, the mother and her child, though, as doser said, the primary caregiver should be the mother and the father.

So: make sure that baby gets born, but as soon as it drops pull the safety net out from under it.

If it hits the ground, it's the parents' fault.

Because taxes bad.

That way, you think you're keeping your hands clean while pointing your finger.

14235168-0-image-a-27_1559404193757.jpg

JudgeRightly

裁判官が正しく判断する
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Gold Subscriber

:AMR:

You asked a question, and I answered. Not sure why you're answering it...

So: make sure that baby gets born, but as soon as it drops pull the safety net out from under it.

What safety net?

You'd think that the doctor would be the one to catch the baby coming out of the mother's womb...

I don't know of many hospitals that have a "safety net" underneath the woman...

If it hits the ground, it's the parents' fault.

:AMR:

Rather, that would be the doctor dropping the baby, never a good thing.

Ya know, it would be even better for the baby to not tax the parents out the nose out of the money they could use to support themselves and their newborn...

Because taxes bad.

Where did I say that?

That way, you think you're keeping your hands clean while pointing your finger.

Huh?

Who's that? Looks like some random old dude.

Not that I care...

Last edited:

Lon

Maybe if you took better care of the post-birth persons, they'd be in a better position to take care of their pre-birth persons.
It is a 'sins of the fathers visiting the children' problem. I 'think' I'm one of the triumph stories. Education was good. People who cared was amazing. A church that cared did wonders. Government programs alone, I don't think, can break the cycle. It doesn't take a village in some cases, in others it does. If we dismantled and reassembled the education program, I think we'd do a better job with that money, but the behemoth and the problems with it, is a large one. I do think there are plenty of taxes already in that system, and more than is needed. It will take perseverance and creativity and good ideas to do better. I'd like an education 'slush fund' set aside for a few teachers and parents to try new things to see what might work, maybe just in meeting in homes or the like....(we shouldn't be afraid of the voucher system idea, at least for a 'wait-and-see' percentage). :think: We do take care of those kids, we can do better. :up: