what you really need is friends who will convince you that it is settled law
-so-
it doesn't matter who you vote for
they also need to explain why the confirmation process has gotten so ugly
mika and joe are on set
you can tell that they don't want to talk about it
the morning memo calls for an fbi investigation
no reason not to trust the fbi

Trump may remind mitch mcconnell that his first choice was a catholic woman with seven kids
-but-
mitch asked for Kavanaugh as being the easiest to get confirmed
right mitch?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
morning sickness
I don't get the morning memo
-so-
I have to listen to those who do
joe is off
mika in on set
they laughed at Trump
I am listening to their sickness

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it could have been me
I had one too many
went into a bedroom to lie down
fell on a girl who started to scream
put my hand over her mouth to assure her I meant no harm
she was hysterical
I can't reveal my identity
but
I know Kavanaugh was not at this party
dianne has my letter and has agreed to protect my identity

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
joe and mika are on set
we need the fbi to investigate
we can trust the fbi
it will take time
the accusations are serious

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
it could have been me
I had one too many
went into a bedroom to lie down
fell on a girl who started to scream
put my hand over her mouth to assure her I meant no harm
That's not what you'd do to assure her. Continue to pin her and stop her from making noise. What you'd do is leap from the bed AS you apologized profusely for not seeing her.

Of course that's not the narrative. The narrative is that you pushed her into the room, onto the bed, groped her, held her, stifled her.

Either that happened or it didn't.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
where is the evidence?
Where it could be, in her testimony. I found them both credible as witnesses. I would like to have heard from some of the people who weren't present and under the light of examination. The alleged other party and the accuser's husband should have been testifying at the very least.

you are okay with destroying a good man
-if-
you are okay with killing babies
I suppose, but it doesn't cover a lot of people who simply want reassurances about the truth of the matter.

rocketman

Resident Rocket Surgeon
Hall of Fame
Where it could be, in her testimony. I found them both credible as witnesses. I would like to have heard from some of the people who weren't present and under the light of examination. The alleged other party and the accuser's husband should have been testifying at the very least..

Witnesses? witnesses to what? a fabricated story which not one person will corroborate? these were not witnesses there was an accuser and the accused with not a shred of supporting evidence, I saw nothing credible about any of this circus side show. The entire affair was shameful really, and as I was right about Trump winning the presidency I will predict that Kavanaugh will be confirmed and the liberals will pay the price for the sham they have made America endure at the ballot box in November.

I suppose, but it doesn't cover a lot of people who simply want reassurances about the truth of the matter.

Truth? this was never about truth TH...this was political hit job pure and simple, now you have democrats crying for another investigation of witnesses that have said it never happened, and an accuser who doesn't even know what, where, why ,or how of the matter. The truth is that an investigation of nothing will produce nothing, and the "truth" has already been revealed, nothing happened that involved Kavanaugh because there is absolutely no evidence to support it but, a flimsy accusation...the burden of proof was never met.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Witnesses? witnesses to what? a fabricated story which not one person will corroborate? these were not witnesses there was an accuser and the accused with not a shred of supporting evidence, I saw nothing credible about any of this circus side show. The entire affair was shameful really, and as I was right about Trump winning the presidency I will predict that Kavanaugh will be confirmed and the liberals will pay the price for the sham they have made America endure at the ballot box in November.

Truth? this was never about truth TH...this was political hit job pure and simple, now you have democrats crying for another investigation of witnesses that have said it never happened, and an accuser who doesn't even know what, where, why ,or how of the matter. The truth is that an investigation of nothing will produce nothing, and the "truth" has already been revealed, nothing happened that involved Kavanaugh because there is absolutely no evidence to support it but, a flimsy accusation...the burden of proof was never met.

now now rocketdude - you should know by now that with an accusation of rape there is no presumption of innocence - the burden is on the accused to prove that something didn't happen 36 years ago, something that wasn't a rape, but could have become a rape

you know, if kavanaugh had actually raped her

and he could have, because he's a white male

isn't that enough?

shouldn't that be enough?

shouldn't an unsupported accusation of feeling threatened 36 years ago in circumstances that the accuser can't remember be enough?

to those who answer "of course" - the hardcore left, those sympathetic to feminist causes, those who identify as "progressive" - this will play in November

to the rest of the country it will be another evidence of the truth that the left is corrupt and immoral and should be denied any influence in congress

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Witnesses? witnesses to what? a fabricated story which not one person will corroborate?
Only three people are in a position to speak directly to the narrative. Two of them did. The third sent a lawyer letter. He should have been examined on the points given he was allegedly in the room. The husband should have been questioned to verify under oath that his wife named Kavanaugh years earlier and long before this process began. That sort of thing.

these were not witnesses there was an accuser and the accused with not a shred of supporting evidence,
Outside of testimony what evidence could there be to a groping?

I saw nothing credible about any of this circus side show.
Then I'd suggest your bias overwhelmed you. I thought the politicians behaved largely like politicians. But that was expected, from Graham's hypocritical charge that the dems were trying to do what the reps did to Obama to the "heroic" tap dance on the other side. Just exploitive business as usual for both parties.

The entire affair was shameful really, and as I was right about Trump winning the presidency I will predict that Kavanaugh will be confirmed and the liberals will pay the price for the sham they have made America endure at the ballot box in November.
He will likely be confirmed. I don't believe anything came out that would convince someone leaning in favor of him to go the other way. I was disappointed by the evasion in his testimony on drinking, but I can understand it.

Truth? this was never about truth TH.
Of course it was, to the two people for whom this mattered. The rest? I don't give a fried fig about the political talking heads trying to use the process to their own ends.

..this was political hit job pure and simple
No. That's the prepared talking points that I was disappointed to see Kavanaugh advance. Now in case you missed it, as with Gorsuch before him, I have from the start supported his nomination to the Court. Everything I knew about either man has given me every reason to find them able, even extraordinary jurists. So I don't have a dog in the "get him" mentality from the left show. But I wish he'd risen above the theater. I think when he did that he looked great.

now you have democrats crying for another investigation of witnesses that have said it never happened
Actually, that's another sore point in his testimony for me. What I've read is that the people she recalled had no recollection of the party in question. That's not the same as saying it never happened, though Kavanaugh used that language as well. And their recollection or absence thereof is understandable. If you weren't in the room it was just one event in dozens from nearly 40 years prior. Who remembers that? I have an unusually good memory, at least for things that interest me, and I'm sure my long term memory has dumped most of that sort of inconsequential stuff. Now if I'd witnessed something unusual I might recall it, depending on the degree of exceptionality involved, but mostly I'd bet I wouldn't nor would anyone else.

, and an accuser who doesn't even know what, where, why ,or how of the matter.
If I asked most people about details surrounding the day they got their first car in high school, assuming they did, I'd bet most of the details would be missing or suspect. Heck, cm, I've examined witnesses to traumatic events that unfolded within a very short period of time and you'd be amazed at how unreliable they can be for facts people uninvolved would consider basic.

The truth is that an investigation of nothing will produce nothing, and the "truth" has already been revealed, nothing happened that involved Kavanaugh because there is absolutely no evidence to support it but, a flimsy accusation...the burden of proof was never met.
I'd say that an examination of the people I noted might well produce a different weight, but it won't happen. In any event, not even the nominee suggested the accusation was anything more than misplaced.

Jerry Shugart

The sad thing is that conservative and well-qualified judges will hesitate to even want to be nominated for the Supreme Court because they KNOW about the methods the left will employ to try to disqualify them.

Bork...Thomas...Kavanaugh.

Any liberal judges will not worry about the process because the Republicans play fair!

They would never stoop so low as the Dems did during the hearings on Bork, Thomas and Kavanaugh.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it is time to vote
-and-
I am not talking about the us senate
I am talking about republicans
-who-
do not vote for baby killers