chrysostom

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
that is the point I am talking about
It wasn't the point WE were talking about when you dragged a quote on what we were into it. And then you made the same assertions about believing that I'd already corrected.

Peculiar.

-and-
it is contested
I should imagine it would be.

bennett turned it into a racial thing
That's your assumption. Rather, it was in part about race, or he got that part wrong. Neither you nor I know the truth on that point, which is why I've noted the assertions without "believing" them.

-and-
bennett has an agenda
Everyone involved has an agenda.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
it is a fact that bennett turned it into a racial thing -
If race played a part in what transpired then his noting it wasn't the thing that made it so any more than I should be charged with arson for telling you that your house burned down.

The rest is about whether or not he's right in that portion of his belief. I don't know. You don't know. I'm not sure how we can even ever really know, absent a history of profiling coming to light on the part of the officers. And even that wouldn't necessarily mean that this was the same.

he is now working with 'black lives matter' which is responsible for many police being shot
You're being as irresponsible as someone would be if they said the movement to preserve Confederate memorials is responsible for murdering the young woman in Charlottesville. BLM is a young movement still finding its legs and larger identity. Some elements in it are cancerous and some productive. Again, true of most social movements predicated in a response to human suffering and injustice, at least in their genesis. To label, brand the entirety in a singularly negative and violent light is, at best, woefully underthought.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
The rest is about whether or not he's right in that portion of his belief. I don't know. You don't know. I'm not sure how we can even ever really know, absent a history of profiling coming to light on the part of the officers.

let's see if we can end this -
three of us are on a jury -
bennett is suing the police -
all we have is his letter and the letter from the police union -
the third guy votes guilty -
I vote not guilty
-and-
you get the deciding vote
-so-
what is it?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
And the gallery waits for the verdict:

nuns-with-barstool-legs.jpg

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
let's see if we can end this -
three of us are on a jury -
bennett is suing the police -
all we have is his letter and the letter from the police union -
the third guy votes guilty -
I vote not guilty
-and-
you get the deciding vote
-so-
what is it?
An irresponsible and pointless exercise. There's more evidence than you presented. That evidence needs to be seen and understood. Trying to judge it solely by what Bennett said and what the PR arm of the other parties involved said doesn't make a lot of sense.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
He is back.
Long story but here is the short version.
I lost my password and couldn't get back on.
Someone found me wandering around and helped me to get back.
I am sure it will be different
I am different