chrysostom

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
PS: I'm graduating in about 7 weeks - the first woman in my family (sisters, mom, grandmas, great-grandmas) to graduate from college. And that thought brought back fond memories of your feminism thread. :)

pondsbb

And you are not the only one of course.

Most churches are so involved with the politics which is so sad.

It has been this way since beginning of RCC and protestants are following the same trait.
I feel we must be involved in politics. Not for ourselves but for the next generation.

I have grandkids I don't wish to have to grow up in new world order, if possible.

If it was just me I probably would bow out all together.

Sent from my RCT6303W87DK using Tapatalk

meshak

BANNED
Banned
I feel we must be involved in politics. Not for ourselves but for the next generation.

I have grandkids I don't wish to have to grow up in new world order, if possible.

If it was just me I probably would bow out all together.

Jesus says His followers are not of the world.

Politics are of the world.

Jesus also says His followers salt and light of the world.

The military is also of the world and politic..

If we engage in the war, we are not being salt and light of the world.

Jesus' followers have responsibility to spread God's kingdom.

Besides, if we kill our enemy, we are not being salt and light of the world.

Jesus is for the whole world. We should not take side about world affaires.

pondsbb

We should not despise government.

2 Peter 2:10-11 KJV
But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they , selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. [11] Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

Some of the church are even called and set in government.

1 Corinthians 12:27-28 KJV
Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. [28] And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
We should not despise government.

2 Peter 2:10-11 KJV
But chiefly them that walk after the flesh in the lust of uncleanness, and despise government. Presumptuous are they , selfwilled, they are not afraid to speak evil of dignities. [11] Whereas angels, which are greater in power and might, bring not railing accusation against them before the Lord.

Some of the church are even called and set in government.

1 Corinthians 12:27-28 KJV
Now ye are the body of Christ, and members in particular. [28] And God hath set some in the church, first apostles, secondarily prophets, thirdly teachers, after that miracles, then gifts of healings, helps, governments, diversities of tongues.

So you disobey Jesus' word?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
No, but if someone despises government they do.

Nothing is over Jesus' word.

If the government go against His word, His followers should not follow government.

Jesus is the Lord, not anyone or anything else.

pondsbb

Nothing is over Jesus' word.

If the government go against His word, His followers should not follow government.

Jesus is the Lord, not anyone or anything else.
Yes, you follow God's word over government. The same way many of the church are standing up to the LGBT government agenda and loosing their businesses.

That doesn't mean that some Christians are not called into government.

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Yes, you follow God's word over government. The same way many of the church are standing up to the LGBT government agenda and loosing their businesses.

That doesn't mean that some Christians are not called into government.

everything you are talking about is the world.

Jesus followers are not to judge the world. It is Jesus' job.

pondsbb

Jesus told us a parable about being in the world. We are to occupy until He comes. In other words, we must step forward and influence the world as the Lord gives us reason to.

Luke 19:11-13 KJV
And as they heard these things, he added and spake a parable, because he was nigh to Jerusalem, and because they thought that the kingdom of God should immediately appear. [12] He said therefore, A certain nobleman went into a far country to receive for himself a kingdom, and to return. [13] And he called his ten servants, and delivered them ten pounds, and said unto them, Occupy till I come.

If you are not using your talents to best of your ability within government, or wherever the Lord may place you, what will you tell Him when He returns?

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Jesus told us a parable about being in the world. We are to occupy until He comes. In other words, we must step forward and influence the world as the Lord gives us reason to.

We occupy being a godly witness to the world. At the same time, we spread good news to the world.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it's almost noon on the right coast
-
so what is for lunch?
-
tuna fish casserole
-
you really know how to suffer
-
somebody has to do it
-