-
really?
-
really and I have all the top 16 seated teams covered
-
looking good
-
ubetcha
Didn't know they made hot dogs...should be good. The beans I like. If you mix a large can of their regular beans with one of the smaller Grilling Bourbon and Brown Sugar cans and bake it I think you'd be hard pressed to cook better from scratch. The Bourbon by itself is too strong and sweet, but mixed in, it adds a kick the original are missing.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
Didn't know they made hot dogs...should be good. The beans I like. If you mix a large can of their regular beans with one of the smaller Grilling Bourbon and Brown Sugar cans and bake it I think you'd be hard pressed to cook better from scratch. The Bourbon by itself is too strong and sweet, but mixed in, it adds a kick the original are missing.

thanks for the input
-but-
I drink a strong ipa before I eat the beans
-so-
I don't need the bourbon
-
have you tried bush's country style beans?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Fry up about 6 strips bacon and set aside, leaving a little bit of fat in the pan.
Sauté some finely diced onion in the bacon fat. When the onion is translucent,
add a big can of Bush's Original beans, along with:
a generous amount of brown sugar, a little bit of mustard, and a good squirt of ketchup.
Dice the fried bacon and add it back to the beans, and give it all a good stir.
Simmer for a while to let the flavors blend, making sure to stir it every so often. Enjoy. :)

Hot dogs: Kosher. Gotta have yellow mustard. NO ketchup. And some bread and butter pickle slices. :)

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Fry up about 6 strips bacon and set aside, leaving a little bit of fat in the pan.
Sauté some finely diced onion in the bacon fat. When the onion is translucent,
add a big can of Bush's Original beans, along with:
a generous amount of brown sugar, a little bit of mustard, and a good squirt of ketchup.
Dice the fried bacon and add it back to the beans, and give it all a good stir.
Simmer for a while to let the flavors blend, making sure to stir it every so often. Enjoy. :)
The Bush's Bourbon and Brown Sugar "Grillin Beans" gives you a lot of that flavor. You can still add the bacon and onions, but it covers the sugar and while adding a really nice extra flavor with the bourbon influence.

Hot dogs: Kosher.
Hebrew International? Good franks, though I'd try Boar's Head. They know meat.

Gotta have yellow mustard. NO ketchup.
With me it depends on how the buns go. If you want a steamed bun that's set long enough to get some of the meat flavor into it, ketchup is a good get. Otherwise I like it with mustard or both.

And some bread and butter pickle slices.
That sounds good, though I like a little relish and a little kraut now and again. Never cared for the chili addition. Too sloppy and it ruins the bread.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Ohh... my favorite sandwich is a pastrami Reuben. I only have it once or twice a year but just thinking about it... :cloud9:

i was thinking the same thing

drooling......

my ex used to take me and the boys out to a local diner when they were living at home - that was one of my regular orders

it's been four years now since i got a free meal off that horrible woman :(

Lon

The Bush's Bourbon and Brown Sugar "Grillin Beans" gives you a lot of that flavor. You can still add the bacon and onions, but it covers the sugar and while adding a really nice extra flavor with the bourbon influence.
My sister also adds pineapple. I get to take them home after every party.

With me it depends on how the buns go. If you want a steamed bun that's set long enough to get some of the meat flavor into it, ketchup is a good get. Otherwise I like it with mustard or both. That sounds good, though I like a little relish and a little kraut now and again.
I'm hungry....

Never cared for the chili addition. Too sloppy and it ruins the bread.
"Two please, and give me the Heretic's plate as well."

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Ohh... my favorite sandwich is a pastrami Reuben. I only have it once or twice a year but just thinking about it... :cloud9:
:) Had a good Cuban yesterday at the Derailed Diner on my way back from Pensacola. It's a part of the Oasis Truckstop. It has an interesting sense of humor and a pecan pie cheesecake that needs to be had to be understood fully. Here is a link to a few photos of the joint to give you an idea of the whimsy. It's really a fun atmosphere for kids and the dining car is surprisingly well done.

Link

Lon

:) Had a good Cuban yesterday at the Derailed Diner on my way back from Pensacola. It's a part of the Oasis Truckstop. It has an interesting sense of humor and a pecan pie cheesecake that needs to be had to be understood fully. Here is a link to a few photos of the joint to give you an idea of the whimsy. It's really a fun atmosphere for kids and the dining car is surprisingly well done.

Link
Wow, that looks really cool. The cheesecake looks incredible. I might have to special order.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass

Link

Looks like a fun place. :)

The farmer's market on campus has Flavors of East Africa, and their sambusas and sweet jerk chicken are really good. The wait is the longest for their booth, I think the aroma coming off the grill casts some kind of spell on passing students, because they just veer right off course into the line. :chuckle:

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Walking across the campus free speech area today...

Competing signs:

Religion is for the weak

and

John 3:16

Competing (peaceful) displays facing each other about 20 feet apart, one supporting Israel and one supporting Palestine.

Then I was handed a flyer for the Youth and Students for Social Equality. I fit student but not youth. It made me feel kind of old all of a sudden. :(