chrysostom

Spitfire

Hmm, what is this?
Baruch 1:11-15 said:
And pray ye for the life of Nabuchodonosor the king of Babylon, and for the life of Balthasar his son, that their days may be upon earth as the days of heaven: And that the Lord may give us strength, and enlighten our eyes, that we may live under the shadow of Nabuchodonosor the king of Babylon, and under the shadow of Balthasar his son, and may serve them many days, and may find favour in their sight. And pray ye for us to the Lord our God: for we have sinned against the Lord our God, and his wrath is not turned away from us even to this day. And read ye this book, which we have sent to you to be read in the temple of the Lord, on feasts, and proper days. And you shall say: To the Lord our God belongeth justice, but to us confusion of our face: as it is come to pass at this day to all Juda, and to the inhabitants of Jerusalem.

an attempt to derail the thread
No it wasn't. As far as I knew it was consistent with the theme of this thread. Whatever that exactly is.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it's almost noon on the right coast
-
so what is for lunch?
-
chicken thighs, potatoes, and carrots
-
is it in the oven?
-
at 200 so I can eat at any time
-
did you stay with the super bowl
-
I got ready for bed but stayed with it for one more possession
-
again and again?
-
couldn't believe it
-
it was a team victory
-
belichick should get all the credit
-
you had to feel sorry for atlanta
-
I did, it was a clean game, don't remember any personal fouls
-
that is unusual
-
a credit to both teams

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
-
did you stay with the super bowl
-
I got ready for bed but stayed with it for one more possession
-
again and again?
-
couldn't believe it
-
it was a team victory
-
belichick should get all the credit
I think that's exactly right. What he does with adjustments on defense is comparable to what Walsh did offensively.

you had to feel sorry for atlanta
That one is harder for me. I felt sorry for the owner and for that tired defense, but otherwise...not so much. When you get in fg range you run two off tackle, kick the fg and put it out of reach, even for Brady. Once again, Tom benefits from poor coaching decisions on the other side in crunch time and it really sets Bill's prowess in stark relief.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it's almost noon on the right coast
-
so what's for lunch?
-
bean, cheese, and jalapeno burrito with valentina hot sauce
-
do you get the extra hot?
-
of course
-