chrysostom

meshak

BANNED
Banned
:think: When it's raining on you do you just go ahead and assume it's raining on everyone?

Edit: oh, what the heck.

You said, "You are so insightful, as usual" to chrys.

I said, "You know, it's kind of funny how we can agree and disagree at the same time."

Now that might seem mysterious to you, but it really isn't. You're advancing your line as a compliment. I obviously am not. So while I'm agreeing with you that chrys' comment was as insightful as it usually is I'm setting that bar a bit....lower.

In other words, we're both agreeing on his consistency, but not about where that level of insight would be found on a line graph.

Any number of people will understand that. You came close, because you knew something was going on that you weren't getting, but wasn't in line with your intent.

The person who gets the joke will start with that and then wonder how the two could work together. Then the connection will occur to them, as easily as you might recognize sarcasm if someone rolled their eyes as they paid a compliment they didn't mean. Because the clue for unlocking the joke is right there in the "funny how..."

My comments are all contextual.

I know Chris is insightful, he tries to be spiritual.

You are super intellectual, yet so worldly.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
My comments are all contextual.
True for most people, when you consider it (see what I did there?).

I know Chris is insightful, he tries to be spiritual.
We weren't disagreeing on insight so much as its quality, though to be fair he can be interesting when he tries to rise above the canned goods he carries around.

You are super intellectual, yet so worldly.
Now that's not bad, meshak. It's a bit like Woody Allen's The Whores of Mensa when you think about it. You know, a sort of/seeming compliment that's mostly a set up for the slap. Very nicely done, you scamp. ;)

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond

meshak

BANNED
Banned
Now that's not bad, meshak. It's a bit like Woody Allen's The Whores of Mensa when you think about it. You know, a sort of/seeming compliment that's mostly a set up for the slap. Very nicely done, you scamp. ;)

It is not much of compliment when I say super intellectual.

I don't envy super intellectual at all.

they are usually puffed up with their intelligence.

Professed Christians should never seem like puffed up.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
It is not much of compliment when I say super intellectual.
That was half my point.

Let's see if you get the second part.

I don't envy super intellectual at all.
Who said you should? I'm mostly color blind. I don't envy people who aren't. It would be interesting to see a sunset or a rainbow the way most people do, but I can live without it.

they are usually puffed up with their intelligence.
Maybe. Maybe you just don't understand them.

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
faith, family, freedom
A Great Nation
that must be protected from the enemy within. Our traditional values are under attack and the strangest person has come along to defend them. He needs your help. You must believe. Vote Republican as if life, liberty, and the pursuit of happiness depended on it.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
one more day
and
we will find out how many men voted
the mourning memo will be a clue
how big the blue wave
I know
it's too early
and
you may not have the stomach for this
no problem
I will take notes
it's my job

Last edited:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it's time for hollywood squares
where we find out what is in the mourning memo
mika and joe are on set
nobody knows nothing
trend line slightly in democ rats favor
house only
no mention of senate
lying
economy
racism
racism
democ rats ahead in florida
racism
racism
racism is the memo

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
why we need
A Wall -
Jobs, healthcare, citizenship, sanctuary cities, etc. They will come. More will continue to come. There is a reason to come.
There is a reason to control it. The Democ rats just want their vote.
They need the votes. They are losing but the rats will come back if you don't pay the piper.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it is time for hollywood squares
where you find out what is in the mourning memo
mika and joe are on the set
Trump is on the ballot
all about Trump
racism
immigration
lying