chrysostom

drbrumley

voting isn't the end of your responsibility as a citizen in a democracy.

As Doug Casey rightly pointed out....

Democracy is vastly overrated.

It’s not like the consensus of a bunch of friends agreeing to see the same movie. Most often, it boils down to a kinder and gentler variety of mob rule, dressed in a coat and tie. The essence of positive values like personal liberty, wealth, opportunity, fraternity, and equality lies not in democracy, but in free minds and free markets where government becomes trivial. Democracy focuses people’s thoughts on politics, not production; on the collective, not on their own lives.

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Democracy is vastly overrated.

not a fan of it myself, as it currently exists in the west

not sure when it became acceptable to let idiots vote

and half the population have iq's less than 100

and are more able to identify these idiots
Spoiler
Blac-Chyna-The-Kardashian-Sisters.jpg
than these guys
Spoiler
1024px-Supreme_Court_of_the_United_States_-_Roberts_Court_2017.jpg

i would argue that if you can identify the idiots in the first pic, you should automatically be disqualified from voting

drbrumley

The difference between a democracy and a dictatorship is that in a democracy you vote first and take orders later; in a dictatorship you don't have to waste your time voting.
~ Charles Bukowski

drbrumley

Voting (politically speaking) on its very face is immoral. Men of character cannot argue this, for voting pits one against another; this the desired effect sought by those who seek power. Voting allows for some to determine the fate of others, a fate that can only be accomplished by the use of force. Because of this truth, voting is the destroyer of freedom and liberty, not the protector of it.

ok doser

so how do we formulate rules by which to interact, laws, etc?

how do we enforce those rules of interaction?

do you recognize that they are necessary?

do you recognize that without a state to rule by force, the strong will rule by force?

ok doser

worth drawing attention to:

Democratic Party on Abortion
Party Platform

Abortion should be safe, legal, and rare.

Our goal is to make abortion more rare, not more dangerous.

why "rare"?

if the developing child isn't worthy of governmental protection before birth, why not promote abortion at any stage as a valid form of birth control?

do they think they're fooling anybody by pretending that they want it to be "rare"?

well, i suppose they're successfully fooling the easily fooled idiots who constitute the democrat base

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Voting (politically speaking) on its very face is immoral. Men of character cannot argue this, for voting pits one against another;
Contest isn't inherently evil or lacking character. To the contrary, it can be a mark of character and an advance of the good.

Good and evil are pitted against one another.

Voting allows for some to determine the fate of others
Rather, power allows for it in exercise. The only question becomes power to what purpose?

, a fate that can only be accomplished by the use of force.
Supra. All law of every sort relies on force of one sort or another.

Because of this truth, voting is the destroyer of freedom and liberty, not the protector of it.
The idea that freedom is a moral state is itself contrary to reason, as most of what constitutes the exercise of that liberty among men is sin.

It's a bit like the argument that to be pro-choice is to be pro-abortion. Well, morally speaking, if that is true then it follows that to be for freewill in relation to moral choice is to be an advocate for sin.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
It's a bit like the argument that to be pro-choice is to be pro-abortion. Well, morally speaking, if that is true then it follows that to be for freewill in relation to moral choice is to be an advocate for sin.
everyone needs a friend like town
it's complicated
-but-
somehow it is okay to vote for baby killers
democrats are baby killers

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it is
A Fact -
The Democratic Party supports the killing of babies. It is called abortion. They call it a choice. The life of a baby is not a choice. Protect life. Vote Republican.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
I don't get the morning memo
-so-
I watch mourning sickness to see what is in it
most do not have the time or stomach for this
no problem
I will take notes and post them for you

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
it is time for hollywood squares
an attack on Trump