chrysostom

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
was slavery settled law?
It was. And then we had a war, followed by a Constitutional amendment to undo that.

Now guess what body was a major part of getting that wrong. A Court that could aptly be described as following an originalist doctrine.

Later, in the late 1800s, the Court even managed to look at the 13th and 14th Amendments and give birth to the state-action doctrine that cemented segregation and legitimized discriminatory practices for generations.

was segregation settled law?
Supra.

lucky for us
we have lawyers to help us with these difficult questions
That's true enough. Lucky for us we had some great lawyers drafting our principles into a fairly interesting system, flaws and all.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
When did Trump make classified information available to the enemies of the USA when she used a private server?
Guy, I get that you have reasons why you dislike her a great deal more than you dislike him. Or maybe you like him. :idunno: I found both choices unacceptable. You're not helping his case by telling me how much worse you think she is. He's never going to get my support. She's never going to get my support. This isn't a debate.

If the republicans want my vote on the presidency they should get someone to promote Jon Huntsman and run his campaign better than whoever screwed it up the last time he was in the mix. Instead, they got the wrong Mormon.

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
Since you refused to vote for the only person who could keep Hillary out of the White House then in a sense you did support her.
If by "a sense" you mean nonsense. :)

Otherwise and as pointed out to you prior, that's no more true than saying because I didn't support Hillary, the only person who could have kept Trump out of the White House, then in a sense I supported Trump.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
we have the votes

the baby killers are on the short end

you think this is ugly?

killing babies is ugly

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
morning sickness
they are skyping
did he really throw ice cubes?
how could the fbi miss that?
how could the media screw this up?
is it really fake news?
let's talk about sports

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
we have the votes

the baby killers are on the short end
Not all democrats are pro choice.
Not all republicans are pro life.
Not all partisans are honest about that.
They should be.

you think this is ugly?
I think there's a guy behind the curtain.

killing babies is ugly
They're all bloody handed.
Some just wash them differently.

That's why with all of congress in the hands of the right you don't have a simple, clear bill to end abortion.
To end it. Win, lose, to make the statement. To draw the line of conscience clearly.
To say, stand here or be silent.

But people ignore what they need to.
That's politics for you.

And I mean literally.
And for you. :plain:

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
so far we have seen plan a, plan b
-and-
now plan c
which will also hurt plan d
electing baby killers in november

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
morning sickness
skyping
the women are wearing black
grieving
not baby killing
-but-
the loss of protection for baby killers

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
this is about
baby killing
- lawyers would have you believe that -
it is settled law -
it will take a constitutional amendment -
both sides are just as bad -
some democrats are pro life -
some republicans are pro choice -
-but-
one democrat will vote for Kavanaugh -
one republican will not vote for Kavanaugh -
-so-
when you vote for democrats
you are supporting baby killers

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
Poll: Amid Kavanaugh Confirmation Battle, Democratic Enthusiasm Edge Evaporates

Just over a month away from critical elections across the country, the wide Democratic enthusiasm advantage that has defined the 2018 campaign up to this point has disappeared, according to a new NPR/PBS NewsHour/Marist poll.

In July, there was a 10-point gap between the number of Democrats and Republicans saying the November elections were "very important." Now, that is down to 2 points, a statistical tie.

Democrats' advantage on which party's candidate they are more likely to support has also been cut in half since last month. Democrats still retain a 6-point edge on that question, but it was 12 points after a Marist poll conducted in mid-September.

The results come amid the pitched and hotly partisan confirmation battle over Brett Kavanaugh's nomination to the Supreme Court. Multiple women have accused Kavanaugh of sexual misconduct when he was in high school and college. He categorically denies all the allegations. The FBI is conducting a supplemental investigation into the accusations that is expected to be wrapped up by the end of this week.

With Democrats already fired up for this election, the Kavanaugh confirmation fight has apparently had the effect of rousing a dormant GOP base.

"The result of hearings, at least in the short run, is the Republican base was awakened," noted Lee Miringoff, director of the Marist Institute for Public Opinion, which conducted the poll.

https://www.npr.org/2018/10/03/6540...-battle-democratic-enthusiasm-edge-evaporates

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
this is about
baby killing
It isn't, but many feel that way about it.

- lawyers would have you believe that -
it is settled law -
It largely is. Roe was a 7-2 decision, not a 5-4 with a chance for revisit and reversal. The Court can't afford to even make the attempt.

it will take a constitutional amendment -
It will.

both sides are just as bad -
Both sides support abortion. One is just a little more honest about it.
Is there a moral high ground in being willing to allow the death of fewer?

some democrats are pro life -
some republicans are pro choice -
Many of both.

-but-
one democrat will vote for Kavanaugh -
one republican will not vote for Kavanaugh -
-so-
when you vote for democrats
you are supporting baby killers
That doesn't rationally follow.

Additionally:
Most Americans favor abortion rights.
Most Americans would leave Roe alone as it is currently restricted.
If we want to change the reality of abortion we have to change that reality first.

Jerry Shugart

If by "a sense" you mean nonsense.

Otherwise and as pointed out to you prior, that's no more true than saying because I didn't support Hillary, the only person who could have kept Trump out of the White House, then in a sense I supported Trump.

Sometimes you have to use your common sense.

You are a lawyer trained in telling the difference between things which are true and things which are not true. There was plenty of evidence that Hillary had broken the law while in office by using a server which wasn't approved by the government and as a result classified information ended up on the computer of Anthony Weiner. Not good and that is a fact!

Then that dangerous woman who couldn't care less about national security was running for the office of the President of the United States. And the only person who could keep her out of that position of being the most powerful person in the world was Donald Trump.

And you admit that you didn't vote for him.