chrysostom

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
Exodus 32:14 And the LORD repented of the evil which he thought to do unto his people.

Genesis 6:6

6 And it repented the Lord that He had made man on the earth, and it grieved Him at His heart.

God would never repent. He has nothing to repent of.

Sent from my iPhone using TOL

Agree, yet with a caveat that I will add later.

Waiting for you 2 now to tell me that doesn't mean what it says since you claim God doesnt repent and that says He does.

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
eve added to Gods word too, in the garden, she added and we may not even touch it, refering to the fruit. God only said dont eat.

Just one more example of man adding to what God said. So man can be a judge of it.

what translation of the bible do you use?
you have to depend on what man has translated for you

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
I believe God is immutible. He does not change. He is not "open" to change, depending on man's actions. He commands repentance, and judges accordingly.

Change as in character and change as in what you intend to do/not do arent the same things.

Gods character does not change, what He intends to do, does. See the verses i posted already, and see Jonah also for another example, God intended to destroy Nineveh and changed His mind there also.

Repent means to change your mind about something, or to turn around, we turn from sin to God do we not when we receive Christ?

Its very important to have the right definition, since God repents too, and it cannot just mean to be sorry for sin, since God doesnt sin.

Angel4Truth

Hall of Fame
your bible is man-made and they used a dictionary to make it

wow.

2 Timothy 3:16-17

16 All Scripture is given by inspiration of God, and is profitable for doctrine, for reproof, for correction, for instruction in righteousness, 17 that the man of God may be complete, thoroughly equipped for every good work.