chrysostom

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
a scary situation
A Freezing Temperature
A lack of fuel for heating and for generating electricity for all electric homes. Climate change is real. Winters are colder and unpredictable. We do need to protect the environment for our kids but right now we need to keep them warm.
Home
Throw a couple more Gretas on the fire?

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
lent
not my favorite time of the year
way too negative
must give up stuff
I usually give up complaining
not so much this year
can't give up complaining about the stolen election
can't let them get away with it
must remind them about jesse's trailer 10r1440
do you know where it is?

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Anyway, are you in support of JR's proposals as outlined beforehand, that at least in some ways amount to what I expressed earlier? Here they are again:

"You're kidding, right? You have seen what some on here propose? Making homosexuality and adultery capital crimes? Forcing any couple who have a relationship out of wedlock into a forced marriage with no possibility of divorce? Making kids as accountable for a "crime" as an adult to the point of executing them as young as the age of five? The list goes on..."

Please clarify as to what you agree and disagree with if you go along with him and what your ideal of a Christian theocracy should be in terms of how it should be implemented into society overall and how it would affect the freedoms and civil liberties we presently have without one. In your own terms if that's okay?
Okay, “largely identical” to JRs. It’s been some years since I’ve addressed this topic and it’s one of those topics that require delving into bible context, syntax, lexicography, bible history among other things and I just don’t have the time these days. Unfortunately I’ve lost my previous debates on this topic during TOL transitions, format changes, pruning of threads, etc. representing hours and hours of biblical research. If you think I'm a bit upset with myself over that you would be correct. So I’m going to have to go on memory, basically summarizing my position as I remember it.

Homosexuality and adultery were both crimes in the United States during my parent’s lifetimes so let’s drop the hysteria that we are proposing something from the dark ages. Of course, today’s social justice warriors fly into hysterical fits over someone’s tweet that is 10 years old that violates some brand new thing to be outraged over that was just invented this morning. So be outraged all you want. People just laugh at SJWs anyway. A young couple who have sex out of wedlock SHOULD get married. They are not required to. And the issue of children being executed for crimes in the bible was talking about adult children. The adult children in these verses were drunkards who were capable of beating up their father. Clearly not referring to 5-year-olds.

I’ve dealt with a lot of people over the years on this topic and have found that my answers enrage them the most. Why? Because it makes the Bible look more reasonable. And they hate that more than anything in the world.

Last edited:

aCultureWarrior

BANNED
Banned
LIFETIME MEMBER
Okay, “largely identical” to JRs.
That there should be some kind of "Christian theocracy" in the United States? The rest of your post made a lot of sense, but is it really necessary to have a church be in charge of civil government in order to legislate Godly laws? From the theological aspect of it, wouldn't you say that forcing Christ on people would chase them away, not draw them to Him? The term "Christian theocracy" is really an oxymoron.

Jefferson

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
That there should be some kind of "Christian theocracy" in the United States? The rest of your post made a lot of sense, but is it really necessary to have a church be in charge of civil government in order to legislate Godly laws? From the theological aspect of it, wouldn't you say that forcing Christ on people would chase them away, not draw them to Him? The term "Christian theocracy" is really an oxymoron.
It's based on bible verses for this dispensation. Which verses say that Christ should be forced on people?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
a broadcast excellence
A Loud Voice
A quote to remember from Rush Limbaugh. - "Don't give up." - Trump won more counties and that will translate into taking control of Congress in 2022. Their mail in ballots and voting machines cannot control counties like they control the big cities. Pay attention to your local congressional race.
Home

People remember Rush for different quotes. Like calling 13 year old Chelsea Clinton a dog. And claiming Michael J. Fox was faking his Parkinson's disease. I realize a lot of TOLers would cheer at Rush celebrating the deaths of people with AIDS or calling a young woman a slut for using birth control. Rush was an early catalyst in many ways for the Trumpification of the GOP, but I don't expect that to be a concern to you or most here, including you who hated Trump before you loved him because power.

Also. Land doesn't vote. People vote.

Rusha

LIFETIME MEMBER
LIFETIME MEMBER
Hall of Fame
People remember Rush for different quotes. Like calling 13 year old Chelsea Clinton a dog. And claiming Michael J. Fox was faking his Parkinson's disease. I realize a lot of TOLers would cheer at Rush celebrating the deaths of people with AIDS or calling a young woman a slut for using birth control. Rush was an early catalyst in many ways for the Trumpification of the GOP, but I don't expect that to be a concern to you or most here, including you who hated Trump before you loved him because power.

Also. Land doesn't vote. People vote.
I remember him for his drug addiction, four marriages, hypocrisy, misogyny and repulsive personality. However, outside of that, he was a really swell guy!

ok doser

lifeguard at the cement pond
She was. She was butt ugly then, she's butt ugly now. She's her mother's daughter, the poor dear.
Oh look, her soul is ugly too

Chelsea Clinton: Reversing Abortion Rights Would Be ‘Un-Christian’​

The former first daughter spoke during a Sirius XM radio show about her thoughts on Roe v. Wade.
By Carol Kuruvilla
09/17/2018 03:55 PM ET

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
a job one
A Clean Room
A place to start. Now you can work on electing a good congressman. The Republican primary is where you get a choice. After that there is no choice. You must vote for the winner of the Republican primary in November. The only choice the Democrats give you is killing your baby.
Home