chrysostom

john w

Hall of Fame
[MENTION=1851]john w[/MENTION],

The above is my resume. Can't you read?

And I stand before the Lord of the universe for judgement; not before any man.

:thumb:

No, I can't read, and my biological brother, is an only child.

Fun, Spot!!!

Tell us, Theo-how much "fruits" determines whether one is a Christian, or not? Specifics. Unpack it for us. Eternal destinies are at stake.

And, may we look at your "books," your resume? How do we know you are on the same team, as other Christians?

Not a peep.

theophilus

No, I can't read, and my biological brother, is an only child.

Fun, Spot!!!

Tell us, Theo-how much "fruits" determines whether one is a Christian, or not? Specifics. Unpack it for us. Eternal destinies are at stake.

And, may we look at your "books," your resume? How do we know you are on the same team, as other Christians?

Not a peep.

Apparently I am too illiterate to understand your request. Why don't you elaborate?

john w

Hall of Fame
Apparently I am too illiterate to understand your request. Why don't you elaborate?

A kindergartner, with a 6th grade egeekashun, can understand the question, Fruit Inspector:

theophilus

A kindergartner, with a 6th grade egeekashun, can understand the question, Fruit Inspector:

The way you treat the Sovereign of the universe and the way you treat others (especially His people) is the display of your fruit. There is not a quantifiable amount.

Because you are the local "authority" on which scriptures pertain to you and which don't I won't bore you with the whole counsel of God. It's all not for you, anyway. :)

I am NOT on the same team as SOME other "Christians."

I'm on Team Redeemed, by grace, through faith, given by God, not of works, to will and to do His good pleasure (and He gets the glory).

chrysostom

Hall of Fame
-can the country survive a trump president?

-I don't think we have to worry about that

-can the republican party survive trump?

-yes but it is going to hurt real bad

-how bad?

-we will lose the white house, the senate, and the supreme court for a very long time

-what can you do?

-wait until it gets so bad the republicans will look good

Town Heretic

Out of Order
Hall of Fame
-can the country survive a trump president?
Lots of ad potential.

Trump Change 2016!

We Shall be Overcome!

This Country Needs a Comb Over!

Orange You Glad You've Got Trump!

If you have to ask how much he'll cost us you can't afford him: Trump 2016!

That sort of thing. :plain:

theophilus

(the short version)

Unpacking Gal. 5:22 But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, 23 gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.

Jesus said (Matt. 7)~15 “Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing, but inwardly they are ravenous wolves. 16 You will know them by their fruits. Do men gather grapes from thorn-bushes or figs from thistles? 17 Even so, every good tree bears good fruit, but a bad tree bears bad fruit. 18 A good tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a bad tree bear good fruit. 19 Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. 20 Therefore by their fruits you will know them.

2 Cor. 1:20 For as many as are the promises of God, in Him they are yes; therefore also through Him is our Amen to the glory of God through us. 21 Now He who establishes us with you in Christ and anointed us is God, 22 who also sealed us and gave us the Spirit in our hearts as a pledge.

Premises:

At conversion we are indwelt by the Holy Spirit.

The evidence if this indwelling is "fruit."

We can inspect each other's fruit.

1. Love:

How does one exhibit evidence of love? And not the emotional, sentimental "love" that is part and parcel of this world. The love spoken of here is sacrificial, forgiving, serving, and the characteristics listed in ! Cor. 13. When someone says they are a Christian and does not these things then I have to wonder about his calling and election. Love doesn't mock and taunt, love doesn't seek to belittle or demean others. Love comes along side a weaker brother or a lost soul and loves that soul regardless of that soul's reactions. Christians love in word and deed and motive. They win the lost as lovers...and that kind of love is divine. It is not within ourselves to practice this kind of love. It is a gift. It is given and grown in us by the Spirit and the Word.

2. Joy:

No matter the toil, the trial, the oppression, the affliction, the imprisonment, the pain, the grief, the despair...the joy of the Lord is our strength. With Job we can praise the Lord and know that our Redeemer lives and that we will see Him. We can know that whatever the adversity, God is working in us for His good pleasure and for His glory. There is joy in that knowledge. That is the joy of knowing Christ Jesus, the joy we can share with others. This joy is a divine gift that help us persevere and endure to the end.

3. Peace:

Peace is given so that we can know that the enmity betwixt God and us has been abolished. This is the Peace that Jesus calls us to and died that we may receive. This peace is a comfort and a reprieve. It helps us to live in this world with all of it's distractions and temptations and runs like a sub-routine in our souls. When this peace, this gift, is founded upon God's Word there is nothing that can take it from us. It surpasses all understanding and guards our hearts and minds.

4. Patience:

Patience is how we exhibit the patience and long-suffering that God has shown to us. "Slow to anger." We are to be patient with weaker brothers and sisters. We are to be patient with each other in the house-hold of faith. We are to be patient with our children, our spouses, our friends, our employers, other drivers...essentially with everyone. This patience is foreign to the unregenerate but a gift to the children of God. It also comes along side fellow believers and guides, encourages, comforts, reproves, rebukes but always with reverence and respect. It is a gift, a fruit, and is unlimited.

5. Kindness:

This should be self-explanatory, really. We don't want to be kind to others, all others. We are selfish, we have our rights and our needs and our passions and lusts but do not extend these to other's in the serving of self. We are proud, arrogant lovers of ourselves. Kindness is what God has given His enemies (sinners) in His acknowledgement of them and provision for them in redemption. Kindness contains compassion, provision, aid, mercy, selflessness and service. It also is a gift, a fruit. We cannot generate this from within ourselves because it is contrary to our sin nature.

6. Goodness:

None of us is good; not even one. Only God is good so this is something we have to receive and that has to be cultivated in us by the Spirit. The Golden Rule occurs to me, here. If we, then, being evil know how to give good gifts to our children, how much more will our heavenly Father give to those who ask Him.

7. Faithfulness:

A good summation...

Stick with your work.
Do not flinch because the lion roars.
Do not stop to stone the devil’s dogs.
Do not fool away your time chasing the devil’s rabbits.

Do your work.

Let liars lie.
Let sectarians quarrel.
Let critics malign.
Let enemies accuse.
Let the devil do his worst.

But see to it nothing hinders you from fulfilling with joy the work God has given you.

He has not commanded you to be admired or esteemed.
He has never bidden you defend your character.
He has not set you at work to contradict falsehood (about yourself)
which Satan’s or God’s servants may start to peddle,
or to track down every rumor that threatens your reputation.
If you do these things, you will do nothing else.
You will be at work for yourself and not for the Lord.

Keep at your work.
Let your aim be as steady as a star.
You may be assaulted, wronged, insulted, slandered,
wounded and rejected, misunderstood, or assigned impure motives;
You may be abused by foes, forsaken by friends,
and despised and rejected of men.
But see to it with steadfast determination,
with unfaltering zeal,
that you pursue the great purpose of your life and object of your being
until at last you can say, “I have finished the work which Thou gavest me to do.”

- Anonymous

8. Gentleness

It is NOT a weakness. It is power under control of the Holy Spirit.

A gentle answer turns away wrath.

Sanctify Christ as Lord in your hearts, always being ready to make a defense to everyone who asks you to give an account for the hope that is in you, yet with gentleness and reverence;

Wise as serpents yet gentle as doves

~Why use a hammer when you can drive a truth with love?

9. Self control

Deny ourselves...massive list here. The things of this world are perishing. Let us store up for ourselves treasure in heaven...for where your treasure is, there your heart will be also.

john w

Hall of Fame

(the short version)

Unpacking Gal. 5:22.................

"We can inspect each other's fruit."-Kojak

How much fruit, qualifies one to be a "Christian?"

Translated:

ap1109250100419.jpg

...As I, Theo Kojak, the fruit inspector geek, am a dirty rat, but I'm a cleaner rat, than my fellow rats, having more/better................fruit(s), so I must be saved, you see, well, uh, urr, because Professor Nicodemas, Dr. Demas, told me so, and I will be just fine, and just why did this "Jesus" die, and rise again 2000+ years ago, uh, urrr...?

theophilus

"We can inspect each other's fruit."-Kojak

How much fruit, qualifies one to be a "Christian?"

Translated:

ap1109250100419.jpg

...As I, Theo Kojak, the fruit inspector geek, am a dirty rat, but I'm a cleaner rat, than my fellow rats, having more/better................fruit(s), so I must be saved, you see, well, uh, urr, because Professor Nicodemas, Dr. Demas, told me so, and I will be just fine, and just why did this "Jesus" die, and rise again 2000+ years ago, uh, urrr...?

Matthew 20:1-16

It doesn't matter how much "work" you do, we all get the same pay.

Even those early morning hires who complained.