chrysostom

Idolater

"Foundation of the World" Dispensationalist χρ
Read my edit above, please.
Popes still can't overrule the Apostles. There probably haven't been many popes who truly wanted to ordain women more than Pope Francis does, and he diligently pursued the matter, and he found exactly what I've said. He can't overrule the Apostolic limitation upon ordination to men. Many traditions are traditions of men, and many are traditions of God, and the ordination of men only, is one of the latter. The popes preside in charity over the Church, but the Church does not belong to the popes, but to God.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
Popes still can't overrule the Apostles. There probably haven't been many popes who truly wanted to ordain women more than Pope Francis does, and he diligently pursued the matter, and he found exactly what I've said. He can't overrule the Apostolic limitation upon ordination to men. Many traditions are traditions of men, and many are traditions of God, and the ordination of men only, is one of the latter. The popes preside in charity over the Church, but the Church does not belong to the popes, but to God.

What Pope Francis said was that Pope John Paul II had "closed that door" in Ordinatio Sacerdotalis (which the CDF declared non-infallible, btw).

What if JPII hadn't closed that door? What's to keep another Pope from opening a different door? It's not impossible, in the same way we're now admitting married priests from the Anglican Church.

Right Divider

Body part
Popes still can't overrule the Apostles.
Popes can't overrule anybody. They were bogus from the start.

There probably haven't been many popes who truly wanted to ordain women more than Pope Francis does, and he diligently pursued the matter, and he found exactly what I've said. He can't overrule the Apostolic limitation upon ordination to men. Many traditions are traditions of men, and many are traditions of God, and the ordination of men only, is one of the latter. The popes preside in charity over the Church, but the Church does not belong to the popes, but to God.
RCC dogma... not Biblical truth.

Idolater

What Pope Francis said was that Pope John Paul II had "closed that door" in Ordinatio Sacerdotalis (which the CDF declared non-infallible, btw).

What if JPII hadn't closed that door?
Why did he close it?
What's to keep another Pope from opening a different door? It's not impossible, in the same way we're now admitting married priests from the Anglican Church.
Why are you playing dumb, and acting like married pastors and women pastors are the same thing when you know that they are not?

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
You're the one who used the word "same."

In reference to "it's not impossible."

Who knew we'd have married priests in the Church? But here we are.

If you want to go back to Scripture, "So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
A couple years ago I attended a service at the Episcopal cathedral downtown. The reverend is a woman and she gave such an excellent sermon. I was taken aback at how much like a Catholic Mass it was, I'd known there were a lot of similarities but I had no idea they were almost interchangeable.

Idolater

In reference to "it's not impossible."

Who knew we'd have married priests in the Church? But here we are.
Married priests and women priests are categorically different things, and while the former is possible, the latter is not.
If you want to go back to Scripture, "So in Christ Jesus you are all children of God through faith, 27 for all of you who were baptized into Christ have clothed yourselves with Christ. 28 There is neither Jew nor Gentile, neither slave nor free, nor is there male and female, for you are all one in Christ Jesus."
Yep, the Apostolic Tradition of ordaining men only, also traces all the way back to the Apostolic era, along with the Scripture that they authored.

Idolater

A couple years ago I attended a service at the Episcopal cathedral downtown. The reverend is a woman and she gave such an excellent sermon. I was taken aback at how much like a Catholic Mass it was, I'd known there were a lot of similarities but I had no idea they were almost interchangeable.
Every Christian tradition begs, borrows, and steals from Catholicism in many ways. It shouldn't be surprising that some of them are very familiar. Plagiarists, all.

annabenedetti

like marbles on glass
while the former is possible, the latter is not.

So you say. Time will tell.

Yep, the Apostolic Tradition of ordaining men only, also traces all the way back to the Apostolic era, along with the Scripture that they authored.

We're beating a dead horse here. Last time I'm going to repeat myself: the pope can change canon law. At some point in history, that may very well happen.