Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

chrysostom

Collapse
X
 
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
    ok banned again

    just in time for Morning Joe
    just to see how bad it really is
    Never watched it. Is she the cream and sugar or is he?

    Too bad they took the title. A black guy with talent on the rhetorical end of things could have gotten more use out of it.
    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

    Pro-Life






    Comment


    • Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
      Never watched it. Is she the cream and sugar or is he?

      Too bad they took the title. A black guy with talent on the rhetorical end of things could have gotten more use out of it.
      They can be annoying, but I usually find them amusing. Also, they normally have a fairly decent group of guests on the show. They get under the skin of all the right people.
      TRUST
      is a fragile thing.

      Easy to break, Easy to lose
      and one of the hardest things to
      ever get back.







      Comment


      • Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
        Never watched it. Is she the cream and sugar or is he?
        I have watched it for years. He used to be the reasonable right and she the unreasonable left. The tension between them was always good until she turned him. Now there isn't a hint of balance.
        I now just watch the first segment until the commercial break to see how upset they are.
        a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

        Comment


        • Originally posted by Rusha View Post
          They can be annoying, but I usually find them amusing. Also, they normally have a fairly decent group of guests on the show. They get under the skin of all the right people.
          Have you noticed that some of their guests have a hard time playing along with them?
          a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

          Comment


          • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
            Have you noticed that some of their guests have a hard time playing along with them?
            Insofar as having little spats with guests? Sometimes. I DO know that they don't play to a specific political leaning and are willing to call people out equally regardless of their political affiliation. Example: Mika kicked Michael Wolff off of the set for denying that he had suggested (in his book) that UN Ambassador Nikki Haley had an affair with the Trump.

            TRUST
            is a fragile thing.

            Easy to break, Easy to lose
            and one of the hardest things to
            ever get back.







            Comment


            • I don't have enough patience to watch talk clips. TV and news have turned into a mud pit with both sides flipping mud at each other. In my youth politics didn't used to be so dirty. I think Watergate changed all of that.
              sigpic

              Comment


              • Originally posted by Sherman View Post
                I think Watergate changed all of that.
                So why did we need Trump?
                a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                Comment


                • Can't watch it when Sharpton is on.
                  Must be a racist.
                  a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                  Comment


                  • Originally posted by Sherman View Post
                    I don't have enough patience to watch talk clips. TV and news have turned into a mud pit with both sides flipping mud at each other. In my youth politics didn't used to be so dirty. I think Watergate changed all of that.
                    Maybe even earlier, with the Vietnam war and the growing mistrust on the part of the public, justified as it turned out. Once you start hating and mistrusting your own leaders and institutions it's going to spill over. Johnson got it. Then Nixon gave the suspicion a popular foundation for generations.

                    We didn't recover from that one-two punch.

                    And sadly, Reagan, our once in a long time chance to rebound from it, coupled his regime with some of the worst rhetorical practice and restructuring of the GOP face and election methodology, with democrats taking an equally low road as the order of the day...and that's how we get here, where now we've added one another to that bonfire of mistrust and anger, making a cohesive and stable compact a much more difficult animal to husband.
                    You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

                    Pro-Life






                    Comment


                    • Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post

                      We didn't recover from that one-two punch.
                      If we can recover from eight years of Obama, we can recover from any person. It just takes an election. The only thing that was really in danger was the Supreme Court.
                      a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                      Comment


                      • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                        If we can recover from eight years of Obama, we can recover from any person. It just takes an election. The only thing that was really in danger was the Supreme Court.
                        I'm not really on board with the Obama narrative of the right, reservations significant enough to cost my support in the second run notwithstanding.

                        Anyway, it's going to take a willful dismantling of the us vs them mentality that spilled over from the public vs institutions during Vietnam to see a real and sustained seachange here in our lifetimes. For a while I thought the war on terrorism might produce it, but then the money players turned that into a vaguely similar cash grab and body bad exchange that echoed the thing that got us here...so I'm not sure what it will take or what could be introduced that those same players, unrestrained, won't pervert and undo for personal gain.
                        You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

                        Pro-Life






                        Comment


                        • Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post

                          Anyway, it's going to take a willful dismantling of the us vs them mentality
                          That is just what the enemy wants
                          a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                          Comment


                          • Originally posted by chrysostom View Post
                            That is just what the enemy wants
                            Wait, you mean they want us divided and fighting one another, not attempting to get past it, I hope.
                            You aren't what you eat, but you're always what you swallow.

                            Pro-Life






                            Comment


                            • Originally posted by Town Heretic View Post
                              Wait, you mean they want us divided and fighting one another, not attempting to get past it, I hope.
                              The enemy is clear
                              Islam and communism
                              -and-
                              the liberals who defend both
                              a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                              Comment


                              • Mika and Joe are off this morning
                                Maybe arguing about who to invite to the wedding
                                Maybe Joe is getting cold feet
                                Can Joe survive this?
                                I don't think so
                                a voice crying in the wilderness :chrysost:

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X